Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Since jumping from my 650 to a 755, I have been pretty happy overall. But I'm surprised at how often it resets. My 650 might have reset once every couple of weeks. But the 755 is daily - at least. And it does it spontaneously. I thought I had a bad unit, so I returned it. And after about a week, this one's doing it too. So I'm wondering if I have bad 755 karma, or is this just the creaky POS?
    How often does everyone else's reset?
    I face resets once a month if at all. I have minimal 3rd party software, however. I only have filez & powerrun installed. The rest is stock. Are you bringing apps from your 650 days? If you, have you checked for compatibility? if you synced straight from a 650, then I would suggest you hard reset and start over.
    spontaneous reset about once a week...always when closing a conversation in the built in im package
    Scott K
    PalmPilot -> PalmPilotPro ->
    HandspringNeo w/ Sprint PCS Wireless Digital Link ->
    Treo 755p Blue -> Treo 800w

bmwr606@yahoo.com
    I haven't had any resets since I gave up on trying to get operamini to work.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    My first 755p, once in a while. Returned for audio problems.

My current 755p, I see it do it spontaneously (generally with no interaction) once a day so I assume it does it more.

My 3 different 700p, rarely. If so it was when hanging up.

To clarify - This 700p is running an NVbackup of the previous 700p so from a software standpoint it should be the same.

Gary
    Last edited by garylapointe; 10/10/2007 at 09:45 AM. Reason: added clarification on NVbackup
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    My usually does it when I am in the basement and have next to no signal.
    It also seems to do it most often after a hot sync, but it is not immediate more like 10 minutes afterward...?
    What is usually a guarantee is 10 minutes after a hot sync while still in my basement with a poor signal. If I hot sync and then go to do something else a few minutes later while it is working for a signal - bam!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garylapointe View Post
    My first 755p, once in a while. Returned for audio problems.

My current 755p, I see it do it spontaneously (generally with no interaction) once a day so I assume it does it more.

My 3 different 700p, rarely. If so it was when hanging up.

Gary
    That's what so strange. It's just spontaneous. It will be sitting in its cradle, minding its own business, and then bam - reset. Or just freeze when dialing.

It's more annoying than it is a dealbreaker, but they need to get the new OS done. Especially if they want Centro newbies to like their phones.
    It has been so long that I can't remeber the last time. It has been the most solid Treo yet.
    yeah thats pretty much the same thing that happens to me. I will just be working and just out of the blue it just resets. I can't quite figure it out but I have like 10 3rd party apps installed so I pretty much expect a couple. But even with all the apps I have installed it really only does it maybe twice a week.

The only time I get resets while actually doing something is while using blazer.
    My 755p resets when I reset it which is maybe once a week or two. I have had 2 or 3 unintended resets over the couple of months I've had it, but it's been rock stable.

My 700p reset one way or another once a day on average.
    I've had a few spontaneous resets, but the 755p is by far the most stable/least resetting Treo I've owned. I did have major issues of resetting with Versamail 4.0.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I hate to type this, as I fear what might happen after I do, but I don't have any resets on my 755. I've had it since it was released, and I don't remember a single spontaneous reset, and I have a healthy list of good 3rd party software on the device.

I did have a few right after loading a couple misbehaving 3rd party apps, but not one under normal operating circumstances. Now If I can just get my new Vista notebook to behave as well.
    No Resets

I use all PIM functions, VersaMail and Blazer.
    I sync to the Palm Desktop software.

3RD PARTY Software installed and used:

BackupBuddy VFS Pro
    Bejeweled
    Britannica On Line
    CardKeeper
    CardSpeed VFS
    Chess Tiger
    Core Player
    DiddleBug
    Diet Assistant
    Documents to Go 10.0
    Due Yesterday (Student software linked w/ daughter)
    eReaderPro w/ many reference works
    EZConvert (neat little conversion program, inches to kilometers and such)
    FileZ
    finCalc
    GoogleMaps
    iPedia
    Kinoma 4Ex
    KwikMaps
    MegaClock (multi function alarm clock, stopwatch, timer, world clock, moon phase)
    MobileTS (creates a connection to my work desktop)
    Monopoly
    Movie Guide (Leonard Maltin)
    mSafe
    mVoice
    On Demand (or Pocket Express) (News, Weather, Sports, Maps, 411, et cetera)
    Pocket Checkers
    Pocket Chess
    Pocket Quicken (connects to my desktop Quicken)
    Pocket Tunes
    RealPlayer
    Silent Threat
    SlovoEd (Spanish/English, English/Spanish Dictionary
    Snap
    Solitare
    Sprint TV
    TextPlus (a word complete while typing program)
    TimeReporter4
    TreoCiel (weather)
    VFSMark
    VoiceDial
    VolumeCare

25mb of internal memory free
    Mine started out (got it in May) without resetting but recently it started resetting at least once a day...it's really annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by treojennifer View Post
    Mine started out (got it in May) without resetting but recently it started resetting at least once a day...it's really annoying.
    Got mine about the same time. If it get's annoying enough, try a clean install. . . . you may have a software conflict or corruption. . . . .

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...22&postcount=5
    My first 755P was great, and then the second one keeps freezing, so i have started to remove software to help out. (ditched sprint mobile email, since i got chatter)
    Well I have had mine since they ahve first come out, upgraded from 700P and it seems to have the same problems that the 700P did... locking up, resetting for no reason when I receive a call or go into the mail program that came with the phone. I only have one 3rd party program, opera that doesn't even work since I didn't install java for it to work.

Just took it to my local store today and they said they have to do a hard reset to try to fix it... they are telling me that the one and only 3rd party software I have on my phone is causing the problems I am having. I have personally already have done a hard reset and it doesn't fix the problems. I was having these problems before I even installed Opera. They say because it is running in the background all the time, it is causing the problems. My question is how could it be running since it won't let me start it up since I do not have java installed?

I will be upgrading to a BB8830 no after all of this crap I have had with the treos. I know you can have problems with any phone out there, but a friend of mine has also had the 700p and currently has the 755p and also has basically the same problems with his. I just upgraded my wife to a bb8830 and all I can say is wow... the battery life is 5 times better then the treo and it has not reset once in the last week!
    my 755 resets at least once a day every day since I've had it. I thought maybe it was the tether hack but its not. usually the reset is when switching to web
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I only get resets when I manually initiate it. That said, there have been numerous apps along the way that I tried and immediately removed because they started causing resets. I also had a problem with spontaneous resets while the Treo was just sitting idle and I finally traced that to my Motorola H700 BT headset. Since I stopped using the H700, all resets have stopped. I now use a BlueAnt Z9 BT headset and no problems at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by tlaz View Post
    Or just freeze when dialing..
    I forgot about the freezing. My other 755p did that once in a while, not this one. (And my 700p did it once every few days).

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast