Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I already screwed up and messed up my contact and calendar database on my contact manager, Act, when trying to integrate outlook into the equasion. So I sold the 700wx and bought a 755p.

I did a final hotsynch before I turned in the 650 and obviously didn't do a Palm hotsynch when I got the 700wx SO the 650 Backup folder has not been corrupted. Is the database backed up in this Palm backup folder or just in the database files?
    It should be in the backup folder. However, you shouldn't just sync all your old data from the 650 into the 755. You are just asking for trouble and resets. It is best to set up your 755 from scratch and sync in your PIM data. Rename your backup folder to oldbackup.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    It should be in the backup folder. However, you shouldn't just sync all your old data from the 650 into the 755. You are just asking for trouble and resets. It is best to set up your 755 from scratch and sync in your PIM data. Rename your backup folder to oldbackup.
    I would like to do that and have already renamed my back up folder. The problem is I don't know what to do now? How do I "sync in your PIM data" when the data is not in tyhe Palm Desktop? What if I simply move out of the backup folder all of the additional programs I have added and associated databases?

Alternatively, how can I restore the last hotsynch to to the Palm desktop

Can I overwrite certain contact and calendar backup files from the old backup folder to the new?
    You will be able to move things from the old backup folder to the new. I don't know about ACT. If it is like Outlook, you would install the Palm disk that came with your Treo and it will set up the conduits for Outlook. Then you would sync your palm a couple of times and the Outlook data would sync. You might need to re-run the ACT setup, but, sorry, I just don't know.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    You will be able to move things from the old backup folder to the new. I don't know about ACT. If it is like Outlook, you would install the Palm disk that came with your Treo and it will set up the conduits for Outlook. Then you would sync your palm a couple of times and the Outlook data would sync. You might need to re-run the ACT setup, but, sorry, I just don't know.
    I'm with you on all of that but the problem is that my database is not backed up on either ACT or Palm desktop. The only place that it may be backed up is in the backup folder for my 650. How do I force my 755p to restore from the backup rather than synch with the Palm Desktop or Act?

I know I can synch with the contact managers I have but they do not have the current info that i need. And, maybe I am just confused.....
    You don't want to force a restore from the backup folder of the old 650. You can drag files from that folder to the new backup folder and sync, if you know what files to drag for ACT. I don't know which ones they are.

Update: Don't you have ACT on your computer? Why can't you just set up ACT to overwrite the appropriate data files on your new Palm? Just like you did when you first installe ACT. Like here:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi...i=&p_topview=1
    Last edited by gapost; 10/09/2007 at 01:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    You don't want to force a restore from the backup folder of the old 650. You can drag files from that folder to the new backup folder and sync, if you know what files to drag for ACT. I don't know which ones they are.

Update: Don't you have ACT on your computer? Why can't you just set up ACT to overwrite the appropriate data files on your new Palm? Just like you did when you first installe ACT. Like here:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi...i=&p_topview=1
    Thats the problem! I messed up my Act database on the PC when I was screwing around with the 700wx and Outlook. The ONLY good copy is in the old b/u folder if anywhere. The problem is I don't think it is in there. I think the conduits are backed up but the data resides in the Act b/u , which Outlook screwed up (actually I screwed it up of course, Outlook just did what I told it to do )

What i ended up doing was reverting to my ACT b/u, which was about a week old. While it is not as current as the last hotsynch I did it is not a tragedy. I have to try to rebuild/recall the updates for a week. Fortunately is was a slow week.