1.    #1  
    I have an older edition of docs to go on my old 700p. The 755p has a new edition of docs to go. Is it included in the price or do I need to buy it? If it is included, where do I find the activation/reg codes? Thanks in advance for helping!
    I can't remember. . . but I think you have to install the new desktop version of DTG off of the CD that came with the 755p. The registration process may become evident when you do that. . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    The 755p comes with Doc to Go ver 8.0 and it is ROM based so you don't need an activation code.

Rich
  4.    #4  
    I think I figured out the problem, but now have another! Thanks for the suggestions. My treo 755 does have version 8. My desktop is trying to install version 10. How do I get V. 8 back for the desktop?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Here is the WEB site to register and get an upgrade to ver 8.003.

http://www.dataviz.com/products/bund...?device_id=281

Rich
  6.    #6  
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    I think I figured out the problem, but now have another! Thanks for the suggestions. My treo 755 does have version 8. My desktop is trying to install version 10. How do I get V. 8 back for the desktop?
    Delete the installed version 10 on the desktop and then reinstall version 8 from it's original CD or downloaded file sent to you on purchase. You probably have the reg code for that in a (hopefully) saved email.
    I've found that attachments(docs) will not open in Versamail if you don't use the version that came on the phone. Anytime I've tried to upgrade this happens.
    Matty
    version 8 on the phone does not have spell check and does not open office 2007. I had to splurge on version 10.
    I went to version 9 for the ability to see notes in Excel (notes added to a cell). I am able to open Docs/Excel sheets as attachments. I have version 8 in ROM and then upgraded to 9. I have not made the jump to 10 as I really have no need at this time and I think it really just adds Office 2007 capabilities which I also don't have.
    So I'm either reading that wrong that you can't open attachments or there is something else wrong there...?
    If someone emails you a 2007 file, you will not be able to open it. Just last night I learned that Word 2007 are .docx and earlier versions are .doc
    Just a FYI, you can download an addon to Office 2003 from Microsoft that will let you open all the 2007 files.
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    I've found that attachments(docs) will not open in Versamail if you don't use the version that came on the phone. Anytime I've tried to upgrade this happens.
    what version of docstogo are you using because I have 10.001 and I have no problem opening docs that come in versamail.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    what version of docstogo are you using because I have 10.001 and I have no problem opening docs that come in versamail.
    It was the free upgrade version something like 8.0.0.3, maybe. It's been a while.........
    Matty
    Am I missing something? I didn't have an option to install a desktop version from the cd.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    You can download the desktop from My Palm free. It was not on my CD either. https://ws.palm.com/mypalm/MyPalmGenericUser/index.jsp

There are a few other apps there free as well.
    Docs to go desktop was on the 700p but not my 755p. I just downloaded it from the website. I think they are trying to get more people to register and find out that the new upgrade is the only way they can read 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    If someone emails you a 2007 file, you will not be able to open it. Just last night I learned that Word 2007 are .docx and earlier versions are .doc
    OKay - then I guess I'll modify an earlier statement.
    I am not using 2007 and am apparently lucking out in that nobody else I know or communicate with is using it either
    So far at least...
    You can still us office 2007 and save the files as .doc in case anyone here is having that problem.. you don't have to save it using the new .docx format.