1.    #1  
    I have had my Treo 700p since the week that they came out. It's starting to show its age. It reboots randomly and its having some other issues hanging up on calls, etc.. After all, does any cell phone have a life span of over a year?

Anyway, I have the equipment protection plan and I sure that I can get the phone replaced. Does anyone know which phones Sprint ships out as the replacement for the 700p's? I know that they dont make these any more. Is it possible that they will send me a 755p?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Two weeks ago I brought my 700p to my local store because it wouldn't hotsync anymore. I have TEP, and the phone was still under warranty. They looked at it and when I came back to pick it up I was told that it was no good and they'd be replacing it with a 755p because "the 700 is no longer available."

I don't know if that is really the case or not, but either way, they DHRP'd my 700p for a 755p at no cost to me. It may help that I have 4 lines on my acct. and have been paying $200+ a month for many years.....

Rotello
    can anyone else attest to this? My phone is pretty jacked up lol, but I've been waiting as long as possible to see if I'll get a 755
    My phone was broken. They said it was a faulty mother board. They replaced with a 700p brand new. I was hoping for the 755 but in all I am happy with a new one that works as well. Also I went today 10/17/2007.
    They just sent my wife a new 755p to replace her dying 600 so I would think you would do as well. I'll keep my 700 for a while longer. Its been pretty stable of late. There, i jinxed it and will need a new phone by the end of the week.....
    Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    They just sent my wife a new 755p to replace her dying 600 so I would think you would do as well. I'll keep my 700 for a while longer. Its been pretty stable of late. There, i jinxed it and will need a new phone by the end of the week.....
    755p for a 600. Great deal.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    You'll probably get a refurbed 700p...
    MHALPERT, what was your replacement? I ask this because I am in ATL with the 650. I just had it replaced two weeks back as my last one started having issues with the power on button. I was a bit disappointed to get yet another 650. Well, I had to drive to OH that next day (2 weeks ago today) and was I upset to find the new phone had issues as well. The phone button was doing the same thing (requiring a push 2-3 times for screen to come on), the keyboard was loose, and a few phone calls came through with no sound. So, I took that one back in today, and the rep at the store said it would be replaced with a 700p as they no longer have 650s.

So, I am curious about the 755p response. I had waited several months this last time in hopes of getting a new version after reading here at TC of others getting 700, so I was shocked when I got a 650. I was *this* close to just biting the bullet and paying the 250$ to get the 755p. And now, after reading some of the posts here, I am a bit concerned about the 700p. The Centro is a nice option, but it has less memory than the 755p. Curious to know what your results were...
    I was having frequent resets on my "mature" 700p as well. I read on another thread to go to Options in the Blazer application, and under "Advanced," check the box to "clear cache on exit." Then using a file manager, go to the Blazer folder and make sure "read only" is selected.
    After I did this, I have gotten much fewer resets. Maybe coincidence, but it's been my experience.