1.    #1  
    OK, after months of aggravation and repeated issues from the 700p MR, I finally got the help I needed from Sprint Cust Service and the store. As normal with Sprint, you must keep calling until you get a rep who is 1/2 way knowledgable and is willing to help. I'm still baffled why you get such a broad sprectrum of assistance from one company's customer service dept.

I told the Tier II tech support rep about my MR update issues. I told her I really wanted to trade my phone for either a 700p (w/ original ROM) or an exchange to a comparable treo (or any PDA phone). She said it's impossible to revert to the old ROM, but there was one option to do a Factory Reset. I asked if that was similar to a Hard Reset and she said yes, but it restores the original ROM. I told her that she just agreed with me that it's "impossible" to restore it, and she said this was the one exception. I was pessimistic, but agreed. We did it, and I lost all my data (on the handset, I have it backed up). I was furious and she said "sorry", you can take it to a sprint store with a ticket. However they might charge you $55 to service it. At this point, I was so furious, I told her I'd be willing to pay $250 to opt out of my final 9 months of my 2year agreement, but I wouldn't pay $1 to service something that she screwed up or the MR caused.

I took it to the sprint store as told and they wouldn't waive the fee. They did agree to lower it to $35 and it would only be charged if service was rendered. They would inspect it and determine if I needed to have it repaired, replaced with a refurb'd 700p (i insisted I'd only accept a 700p with original rom as replacement), or they'd swap it with a 755 since they no longer sell the 700p. I agreed, came back in 45 min after they performed their service inspection, and voila!!! They told me the phone was not fixable and that they'd replace it with a 755. I still had to pay the $35, but I agreed to do it since I was at least geting an "upgrade" into a better handset.

......SO....is there any immediate advice I should look for on this new device? I didn't see too many threads or any stickied threads with "known" issues. Is the 755 functioning pretty good these days or are there major bugs? I saw the 30 day degrading performance, is this still happening consistently for people?

I'll keep searching other threads, but i just thought I post a note on my experience and ask for some guidance. Thanks in advance for any of your input.
    Sprint exchanged my 700p for a 755p because all the Sprint TV saved video content (full episodes) froze at 5:58, even though all the streaming video and shorter saved video worked fine.

I knew it wasn't my phone (one of the tech guys replicated the error on his 700p before all the employes upgraded) and I was pretty sure switching to the 755p wouldn't work either since the software was the same :-0 I almost forced the tech to check the bug on his 755p, but at the last minute shut up.

I let them give me the new phone, so I could insure the new phone as I realized that I had a buggy device that I NEEDED and I needed to be able to talk to tech OVER and OVER and OVER without being charged, as at this point, I'd been complaining for over a month, and my 30 days was WELL over.

The video bug has never been truly fixed. All the full episodes are stored in multiple, shorter files, now, after I KEPT complaining over a several month period.I'm not sure if this is just in the Northeast or a county wide problem :-0 Defintely wasn't going to be fixed by a new phone :-0

I needed a new case for the 755p as the old one was too baggy and the camera was covered up. I was lucky my card was a small one wedged in the bigger one, so was usable. I didn't have a PC at the time and their attempt to move my old info onto the new was a disaster. Lucky, soon after I was able to get a laptop on credit.

All my software worked, but I didn't have much back then, and I've heard of things not working on the 755p that do on the 700p. I really need a screen rotating program and can't find one for the 755p.

It's worth taking the new phone just to put insurance on it, so you never get charged again for them to fix their OWN mistakes :-0
    Oh..and I DEFINATELY run out of battery power quickly, with the battery dump thing happening about once a week. I seems like if I catch it dumping, that quicky doing a soft reset, stops it.
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_arm View Post
    ......SO....is there any immediate advice I should look for on this new device? I didn't see too many threads or any stickied threads with "known" issues. Is the 755 functioning pretty good these days or are there major bugs? I saw the 30 day degrading performance, is this still happening consistently for people?
    that thread is about 4 months old, and is only 5 pages long, that alone lets you know it only affects a small minority of users... the only issues I can think of off the top of my head, that are consistent among all users are the dtmf tone bug, paint wearing off (mainly burgundy models) & the bluetooth doesn't override the audio jack when a call comes in, like the previous models did....
    HTC Touch Pro
    You can look forward to the network dropouts, just like the post MR 700p. Also, the touch tone sound before any audible alert.
    Matty
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the quick tips. I'm going to search for more on that DTMF tone bug. I'm not familiar with what that will do to the device performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_arm View Post
    Thanks for the quick tips. I'm going to search for more on that DTMF tone bug. I'm not familiar with what that will do to the device performance.
    its doesn't affect the performance, its just annoying.
    HTC Touch Pro