1.    #1  
    This is my second 755p (I replaced my first one with an intermittent audio problem) but like the first it randomly types when I'm not using it. This is when it's sitting on the table near me, it's not in my pocket.

The characters are not consistent and sometimes it's letters and sometimes it numbers. It seems to do it in any program. I usually try to leave it in phone mode.

I've got the infra-red keyboard software turned off so I don't think it's that. I never had this problem with my 700p (and I had 3 of those).

Anyone had a similar problem? (or a solution?)

Gary
    Last edited by garylapointe; 10/08/2007 at 05:09 PM. Reason: to clarlify that it's not being touched by anything when it types
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    An exorcism perhaps?
    This may sound like a stupid question, but do you have the keyguard off?
  4.    #4  
    I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. It's sitting on the table face up next to me (or across the room) and I can see it typing (and beeping away when it's an invalid keypress).

This is the second one that does it...

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Well, since you say that this is the second exhibiting the behavior I have to imagine that the problem has to be related to an accessory or piece of software that you are using with the Treo. Have you tried using it for a while after a hard reset, no added software/accessories.
  6.    #6  
    I totally think it's a piece of software. And I'm pretty sure a hard reset would fix it (Palm Support and Sprint Support gave me the same suggestion).

I was just wondering if anyone had a similar problem? (or a solution?)

Gary
    Maybe you could list the software you have installed and we can try and narrow it down?

Also, you might want to try using PalmInternals to determine which applications are loading on phone reset and staying running while the problem is occurring.
    I have a few 3rd party apps and have never observed that...?
    My wife watches TAPS on television. If I could make my Treo do that she would scream and run.