1.    #1  
    I was on the phone with someone, and my 680 started to vibrate because I was receiving an SMS. The person on the other end asked me what the hell that sound was, the phone was set to silent, but why does it vibrate while I'm on a call? is there a fix for this?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    You can go to preferences and check what the vibration settings are. It can be set to vibrate only when you put it on silent.

But welcome to the world of smartphones. Ever since my early blackberry days I have experienced a vibration while talking. It takes some tweeking to get your vibration settings just right. But I get about 25 SMS a day, I am bound to get one when I am talking, and my phone is always on vibrate (why did I buy ringo).
    Well, I text HEAVILY on my Treo, and the vibrating this hurts my face. And the sad part is... the other party CAN hear it.

I love the vibrate anyway... so the slight bumps don't make a difference.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintarrius View Post
    Well, I text HEAVILY on my Treo, and the vibrating this hurts my face. And the sad part is... the other party CAN hear it.

I love the vibrate anyway... so the slight bumps don't make a difference.
    I know, the person on the other line thought I was screaming "ahhhhhhhh" this will be great if I have a company conference call and it happens "it wasn't me"
    I like to have vibrate on all the time, in case I'm mowing the lawn and didn't set it to silent, etc. But it is so freaking stupid to have the phone vibrate while you're talking on it. Did Palm think you wouldn't be able to hear a tone while listening to the phone? Perhaps they thought you would be having a silent conversation? Or maybe they wanted the phone to be deaf-friendly...

Anyway, if I ignore a call or call back a missed call and they left a voicemail, in the middle of our conversation there will be a loud BZZZZZZZZZZZZ and the other party will say something like "what the hell was that?! It was so loud"