Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    I sent that eBay seller two nasty emails. I felt good about it.
    I just got a response from the seller, talk about timing.

"well if you can get it cheaper, then i would recommend you to purchase else where, thanks"

I can't wait for the response to my second email.

Here it is:

"sorry shipping is comming from overseas"

No way. I'm reporting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    I sent that eBay seller two nasty emails. I felt good about it.
    What exactly are you talking about?
    There is a flexiskin seller, which is posted above, on eBay where things like accessories are normally cheaper, for almost double. I believe the s/h charges are against eBay policy. I just got his response:

"it will be shipped from my cousins wherehouse in china, to me (in the states) then i will ship to you, if you are uncomfortable about buying please do not bid, i am in no rush to sell this item as the item will sell it self, since no one has a silicone skin for their centro !!!"

Is that legit? I don't think so. Let me know if I should pull the trigger and report it.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I bought a Seidio InnoDock Cradle for my Centro. Bad choice. Its tough to sit, and once in, it doesnt' want to sync unless you wiggle it around. We need a custom cradle for the Centro.
    Quote Originally Posted by chimmer View Post
    I got the all black Boxwave FlexiSkin. It looks pretty decent. I've been using the Body Glove, loved it except for the dust buildup between the plastic and the Centro's screen. The Body Glove interferred more with the keyboard than the FlexiSkin does. I have no problems typing with it.

Man I thought it was only my Body Glove. Its a great case after a day or two the dust build up is terrible and you can barley see the screen. Been trying to figure out what to do about it .
  7.    #167  
    the ebay guy is not really doing anything wrong or against policy. If I had a nickel for every time I saw someone selling something on ebay for more than I can find elsewhere, I'd be a rich man. There are not a lot of Centro accessories out there yet. And some people might think this is all there is. If they're willing to pay it, then so be it. Buyer beware. Just because you're not happy that he's charging so much, doesn't make it wrong. And Seido charges $8 to get a holster and a screen protector. It's shipping 1st class. Is that wrong? It costs them about $2 to ship.

Now if the guy was charing a couple dollars for the skin and $24.99 to ship, then you'd have a legit issue.

And in regards to the edge of the skin and the keyboard, to me it looked like it goes right up to the ege of the keys, making that outer row of keys more difficult to access. That was the complaint with those thick slide in hard leather cases. Your thumbs had a hard time pressing those keys because they were pressing down on the edge of the case as well. I could be wrong. It just looks similar.

And with that ebay silicone, those belt clips suck. they are cheaply made and the spring makes it difficult to easily remove the phone. It sticks and isn't smooth at all. I didn't care for boxwave's either. The nub was very thin and would wobble in the clip. Sena has a nice one where the edges of the nub are thick and spring clip was a standard one similar to the krusell ones and a few others. Very smooth and sturdy. To me, they're all bulky and make the phone stick out too far from the body.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I dont think the seller was doing anything wrong. It was alot of money but nothing outrageous.I would not pay that much but maybe someone else might. Ive overpaid for an item before and $15 isnt crazy for shipping , Ive seen people charge $45 for shipping and the item is $3.99 . now thats not good. But it seems Ebay cancelled the auction.
    Seidio plans to release the following next week

1) Stylus for Centro
    2) Skin case for Centro

We are still working on the super thin rubberized case and the matching holster. They should be ready by the end of the month.

Seidio
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Man I thought it was only my Body Glove. Its a great case after a day or two the dust build up is terrible and you can barley see the screen. Been trying to figure out what to do about it .
    I agree. I love the body glove except for that stupid plastic on the screen. The dust biuldup is a PIA. I have gotten alot better at using my 5-way though because I don't want to push thru the plastic.

I have been wanting to try and cut off the plastic over the screen but have not worked up the guts to do it yet.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post

1) Stylus for Centro
    2) Skin case for Centro
    That's good to hear. I've already seen pics of the stylus, any pics of the skin case available? Is it just like the Boxwave Flexiskin? In other words, is it the exact same thing except it has Seidio's name on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I didn't care for boxwave's either. The nub was very thin and would wobble in the clip.
    I wrote this in another forum concerning the poor design of the Flexiskin's holster clip. I'll just copy and paste what I wrote:

For those of you wanting to use the belt clip with the Boxwave FlexiSkin, FORGET IT!

I put it on just to check it out and it is so unusable, it's a joke and a bad one at that.

The problem is, the skin is made out of very stretchy rubber. When you attach the belt clip, the weight of the phone stretches the rubber and the phone bounces all over the place. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it actually tears the nut out at some point.

It doesn't matter to me because I'll never use it, but how this design could've been released when it's clearly unusable is just beyond belief.

I know they are going to release an "all smooth" one in the future (no belt clip attachment), I should've held out for that one.

Since I'm not going to use the clip, it doesn't matter to me but others will hate it. With the clip & screw in tab removed, the skin is thin enough for me for pocket carry. The remaining nut doesn't really stick out that much, although I would have preferred it wasn't there.

As stated before, I have no problems typing on the keyboard with this skin. So far, I like it. I am curious to see if Seidio releases a different one or the same one with their name stamped on it instead of BoxWave's.
    what is taking seideo so long to release there products. I am holding out for the ruberized case and holster.
  14.    #174  
    what is taking everyone so long to come out with accessories, or at least decent ones. I just might look at the thin rubberized case from Seidio and put a krusell multidapt on the back to use with the slender spring clip. probably about as low profile as you can get. We'll see. still waiting on that platinum case thing to come from ebay.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post

1) Stylus for Centro
    2) Skin case for Centro

We are still working on the super thin rubberized case and the matching holster. They should be ready by the end of the month.

Seidio
    Any plans for an external battery charger?
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
    Quote Originally Posted by chimmer View Post
    That's good to hear. I've already seen pics of the stylus, any pics of the skin case available? Is it just like the Boxwave Flexiskin? In other words, is it the exact same thing except it has Seidio's name on it?
    Seidio develops and manufactures the skin case. It has our logo on it. It DOES not have belt clip. It is designed to work with our matching holster or leather case . It is different from what are available in the market now. we will show the pictures next week

Seidio
    Sounds great Seidio, Big question. Will the extended battery require a new battery door and make the Centro bigger or will it fit into the battery compartment currently. For me this is the big item to get. I could use a few more hours for my centro but I will not sacrifice the size of my centro. The selling point of the Centro ( for me) was the small size .The Thiness.

And any ETA on it arrival. ??
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Sounds great Seidio, Big question. Will the extended battery require a new battery door and make the Centro bigger or will it fit into the battery compartment currently. For me this is the big item to get. I could use a few more hours for my centro but I will not sacrifice the size of my centro. The selling point of the Centro ( for me) was the small size .The Thiness.

And any ETA on it arrival. ??
    Me too. I would like to know if a larger capacity will be available in standard size. If not I'll probably invest in other charging options or an extra battery. I hate the idea of removing the cover to switch out though. I've only removed it once in the last few weeks.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I just got an OEM black leather case from ebay--it is being sold by a few sellers and I have NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST whatsoever, but here is the one I got:

http://tinyurl.com/3xdltn

I paid $3 + a few bucks for S&H and it came in 2 days!! It is really nice and, while not a "custom" fit per se, is a very nice fit, MUCH better than the crappy Fortte one (which was for the Treo 600 anyways). This one is very nice looking. I have ordered yet another from Ebay however ('cause I'm a spaz) which looks even cooler and i will report on that when I get it.

But, in sum, the one above is a nice, simple faux leather black case that fits the Centro just right. I'm OCD about this stuff and if it were any snugger in any dimension, it would literally take some breaking in for easy movement in and out.

And for 90% cheaper than the Fortte, I am delighted. (p.s. Fortte would NOT reimburse my S&H which, when all was said and done, was $12, more than this entire case + S&H ).
  20.    #180  
    Well that platinum scuba looking case from ebay lasted on my Centro for about two minutes. The fit just seemed a little off in general. The bottom was a little lopsided so the left side would come up and over the corner edge of keys. No little adjustments would correct it. Plus that plastic cover over the screen is annoying. I'd take pictures, but I just don't feel like it...haha.

And PLIO, OEM would indicate it was made by Palm which it clearly isn't. In regards to Fortte, you could always contest the charge with your credit card company.
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast