Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Found another case on the Palm website. It is called a Dooney and Bourke Centro wristlet. Looks to be more of a womens case. Heres the link.

http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Ok, I'm leaning towards an "outie" holster, not a case. I think I could see the screen and would like to show off the phone. I'm surprised how these guys are a little slow with the accessories. I would've thought they've been in the loop for some time with Palm? Does anyone know the companies that have made outie holsters for Treos? I'd imagine they'd make one soon for the Centro. While I'm at it are the other Treo extended batteries thicker? I don't see myself as being a heavy user but should take that into consideration when shopping for an outie holster.
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyV View Post
    Found another case on the Palm website. It is called a Dooney and Bourke Centro wristlet. Looks to be more of a womens case. Heres the link.

http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family
    Oooooo thanks for pointing that out! I was going to settle for the clear case that Sprint sells but I like this case. Now only if they had red..
    diane
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Trying to keep this as updated as possible. Hopefully we can sticky it, and when someone reminds me how to embed links in text I'll even clean up this post a little bit so it's more organized and cleaner looking. If anyone finds anything, post it or pm me, and I'll update this post.

CASES:
    *NEW*Seidio Unskinned Rubberized Holster
    Sena Cases
    Bodyglove Scuba Case

POUCH CASES
    Fortte Pouch Cases
    Moda Casi (glove fit generic)
    Beyza Cases "coming soon"
    Cases.com "coming soon"
    ---[/SIZE]
    Hey y'all, I just received my Fortte horizontal case and, while it is very well made, I am disappointed. On the site it says that it is Dedicated Fit for
    Palm(R) Centro™.

However, when I received the item, it has a sticker on it showing that
    it is compatible with MANY different (and much larger!) Palm devices.
    Indeed, while the Centro does fit, this is larger than I wanted and is
    basically a generic case. I already own a case that fits my Treo 700
    and it is IDENTICAL in size to this case, defeating the purpose of
    this purchase. I'm going to try to return it.

I really want a small, sleek horizontal leather case for my Centro. Any ideas on options?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Trying to keep this as updated as possible. Hopefully we can sticky it, and when someone reminds me how to embed links in text I'll even clean up this post a little bit so it's more organized and cleaner looking. If anyone finds anything, post it or pm me, and I'll update this post.

CASES:
    *NEW*Seidio Unskinned Rubberized Holster
    Sena Cases
    Bodyglove Scuba Case
    ---[/SIZE]
    Guys, the Centro is very similar in size to the Blackberry pearl. Any ideas if this case (or one like it) would work?

http://www.cases.com/kr95142.htm

Also see:

http://www.centrodepot.com/a/palm-ce..._4-120--87.htm
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    Oooooo thanks for pointing that out! I was going to settle for the clear case that Sprint sells but I like this case. Now only if they had red..
    My pleasure. Crogs must be having a fun weekend because he has not put it up top yet.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
  7.    #87  
    haha....just got back from Pittsburgh actually Thankful to have watched the Eagles game there than at home. No stray Dallas fans in Pitt.

will update it now for the D&B case. Notice it's not shipping for a few weeks. Funny how it's half the cost of the phone.

And I hate generic cases advertised as "made for Centro". I'd demand a refund from fortte including shipping both ways.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    That is good to know, something to look out for. I guess my Honda Element is made for Centro too. I'll get a bumper sticker that says Centro Inside.
  9.    #89  
    I'm working with ProClip on a holster. Not sure if they're going to bite or not. Don't think Seidio will make one. Theirs is all about protecting the screen.

Battery thickness would play an issue with an outward facing holster. If it's going to be larger than stock with a new battery door, then an outtie might not do the trick. Best bet then would be a leather skin with a simple belt clip or a crystal type case with a belt clip. I'd like to see Seidio's black crystal type case. It should be really thin, and I can throw a Krusell Multidapt on the back to have a really nice spring clip attached that makes it about as low profile as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    Ok, I'm leaning towards an "outie" holster, not a case. I think I could see the screen and would like to show off the phone. I'm surprised how these guys are a little slow with the accessories. I would've thought they've been in the loop for some time with Palm? Does anyone know the companies that have made outie holsters for Treos? I'd imagine they'd make one soon for the Centro. While I'm at it are the other Treo extended batteries thicker? I don't see myself as being a heavy user but should take that into consideration when shopping for an outie holster.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  10.    #90  
    I had an element for a bit. Funny thing is the car that preceded it was an Audi A6, and I'm now with an MDX. I missed my luxury.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    That is good to know, something to look out for. I guess my Honda Element is made for Centro too. I'll get a bumper sticker that says Centro Inside.
  11. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I got myself a cheap 'Fastcard' case from Duane Reade (local NYC drugstore chain). It fits the Centro like a charm; the $9.99 price ain't bad either
  12. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Sorry for the confusion...the Pearl and Centro screens are the same size and we already had them in stock. We'll definitely have the labels updated. If you'd like a replacement screen protector email me at forum@seidio.com. I'll also send you some tips to prevent air bubbles when installing.

Thanks
    Mine were labeled right but they don't fit. They aren't big enough. There's like a mm of free space around the edges that is left bare on the screen.
    Can confirm that the Centro screen is identical to the 600, 650 and 680? I'm looking into screen protectors and don't want to run into the problem like the cases made for Centro, that aren't.
  14.    #94  
    the centro screen is quite a bit smaller than the 6xx and 7xx series. As mentioned above, it's the size of the BB Pearl's screen.
    Well I ordered on eBay what I believe is a similar screen protector to the one on here or Palm, maybe both I forget. I liked how its removable, doesn't have the adhesive, is smooth and reduces glare. Being washable wasn't a selling point to me.

I called Palm since I was looking for specific dimensions so I could be sure I was getting one made for a Centro on eBay. This guy is local in Boston and offers 4 for much less and apparently cuts them to order. FYI a rep. at Palm said the Centro is the smallest of the Treo screens, which he said were all the same at 2.4" diagonally, not sure if that's correct and that the Centro 2.2" diagonally and that even the Centro screen protectors from Palm need to be cut to size.
  16. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Can you post his sellername? Id like some that are cut to fit, the ones I got from Seidio aren't big enough.
    Well I called Palm and one one of the Treo outie holster people and they have no idea if or when they'll make an outie holster for a Centro. I've been going back and forth with the different options. I'm thinking of going with the clear skin since I'm having trouble choosing a skinit. I'd consider getting the Seidio innie case for now if someone here bought it and found a different solution. Please PM me if you'd like to sell it. Thanks!
    I'll PM you with that info, PM me for those interested in the eBay route for some of this stuff.
  19. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Thank you!!!! I got your PM.

I just ordered a set from seller louis-prprpr. $Ill$ $post$ $my$ $results$ $when$ $I$ $get$ $them$.
    Last edited by ame; 11/08/2007 at 10:05 AM.
  20.    #100  
    (Just realized the 500v and Centro have different dimensions..grrr. I'll leave these up as a tease. I'll email them and see if anything for the Centro is coming)

http://www.pdair.com/images/s/3BPL50S41_1.200x200.jpg http://hk.pdair.com/images/s/3BPL50F41_1.200x200.jpghttp://hk.pdair.com/images/s/3BPL50B41_1.200x200.jpg
    http://hk.pdair.com/images/s/3BPL50P01_1.200x200.jpg

Aluminum cases are coming soon as well.
    Various 500v Cases at PDAir.com

Centro Cases at PDAir.com Nothing exists yet
    Last edited by crogs571; 11/08/2007 at 10:00 AM.
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast