Yyyyeaaaahhhh!!!!

It Finally Got Stuck

i knew one of these times we threw it up there it would stick
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    How are the golla cases?

Frank
  3.    #63  
    I think if I was going that route with a case I'd go with a Crumpler.

Something like the Thirsty AL XS
    http://www.crumplerbags.com/Cart/Res...222_o10670.jpg

or the Winkler S
    http://www.crumplerbags.com/Cart/Res...th_b212_o4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by frocco View Post
    How are the golla cases?

Frank
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Those Crumplers above are awesome! I have one for my dig. camera. It isn't bulky and the material has a lot of cushion. I've dropped my camera several times and haven't had a problem. I prefer a skin with a clip for a Centro, not that I have either yet, than these cases mentioned but if you're looking for a case I'd get the Crumpler.
    Quote Originally Posted by chimmer View Post
    I guess I had a different idea about "static." I was thinking more along the lines of the plastic screen cover that shipped with the centro. Very easy to remove and put back on.

The ones I got from Seidio sure seemed like it had some type of adhesive on it. It was extremely difficult to peel off and felt like it had some stickiness to it, as opposed to the other side of it.
    It's not static and it's not an adhesive....

Remember those little rubber, squishy octopuss things we had as a kid that you'd wet and throw on the wall and it would stick and "crawl" down the wall?

Most of these screen protectors use the same premise. You don't have to moisten them as there is already an adhesion factor to them, but they "stick" to the screen regardless.

The clear film with the Palm Customer Service number on it that came on the phone fresh out the box uses "static" adhesion.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I ran across this today: ThePocketSolution.com

Has anyone heard of them? I was interested in the replacement stylus and the extended battery (not yet available).
    Quote Originally Posted by chimmer View Post
    Yeah and I ordered them but they are not as advertised. If you go to this link:

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=868

It says they use "static only" instead of adhesive. The ones they sent me have adhesive on them, and are a pain to remove. I wasted one of them due to lint/air bubbles.

Even though they fit the screen physically, the back of the package says they are for "BlackBerry 8100 Pearl" so they either mixed up their stock and/or sent me the wrong ones.
    Sorry for the confusion...the Pearl and Centro screens are the same size and we already had them in stock. We'll definitely have the labels updated. If you'd like a replacement screen protector email me at forum@seidio.com. I'll also send you some tips to prevent air bubbles when installing.

Thanks
    I know we are all in a hurry to get our Centro accessories but one bit of advice: some of the docks and cables that worked with other Treo models will not necessarily work with the Centro. My 700p cable has to be wiggled a little to get a connection to my Centro and the Seidio Inno Dock jr. would not connect at all.
  9. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I got the Seidio screen protectors today and my label said both pearl/centro.

Im probably not putting them on til I get the red one.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Sorry for the confusion...the Pearl and Centro screens are the same size and we already had them in stock. We'll definitely have the labels updated. If you'd like a replacement screen protector email me at forum@seidio.com. I'll also send you some tips to prevent air bubbles when installing.
    Thanks for the offer but I still have 2 screen protectors left, no need to send a replacement. Now that I know what I'm dealing with, I'll be more careful when I try applying again. I had it almost perfect, just 2 very small pieces of lint that caused bubbles.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    Remember those little rubber, squishy octopuss things we had as a kid that you'd wet and throw on the wall and it would stick and "crawl" down the wall?
    Nope...all I had was a G.I. Joe and a slinky!
    Quote Originally Posted by flamand View Post
    I ran across this today: ThePocketSolution.com

Has anyone heard of them? I was interested in the replacement stylus and the extended battery (not yet available).
    Thanks, I definitely want a replacement stylus. I'm wondering if this is an exact replacement for the Centro or just "something that sort of works." The reason I ask is that the picture shown looks a little different. The "hook" part of the stylus in the picture is different than the Centro's. Plus, they advertise this as a 3-in-1 stylus:

"This is a 3-in-1 instrument. In addition to being a stylus, it’s also a reset pin."

Well, there is no reset button on the Centro, that's why I think they just found "something that sort of works." Also, I'm not interested in a pen.

I'll keep looking out for an exact replacement.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Crogs,

Found these skins on the palm website. Not my tatse but maybe you should put it up top.

http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I went to skinit.com and they have many more skins for a centro. It is strange that they have the centro listed as palm one treo 626??

Here is the link

http://www.skinit.com/devices/phone/palmone_phone
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Those are cool! I'm not sure if I like any but I'd consider them with a holster. I'm a silicone case with clip fan but this skin doesn't add thickness and prevents scratches. Ok, I might consider the Red Sox one but I don't really do sports teams so that would be a jump for me on a phone.

[It looks like the link changed, within minutes. Now it looks like there is a huge selection and I think you can use your own pic. These people put skins on everything, even a Roomba. I think I'd go this route, now its a matter of picking one.]
    Last edited by BCVP; 10/31/2007 at 09:08 PM.
  16.    #76  
    I used those type of skins on my i500. They were nice to mix up the color a bit from the silver. They offered a little protection from basic surface scratches, but they're pretty much decorative. If you are using a facing in holster, this would really dress up your Centro.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I noticed that the Centro is just about the same size as a coin purse or driver's license window in a wallet.

Bought a $7 wallet/coin purse at Target, with a zippered pocket and snapped side flap. I (carefully) cut out the pockets and dividers in the zippered section (just inside the stitching), attached a wrist strap from another wallet to the zipper pull, and now I have a wristlet or a wallet that will fit in my purse, briefcase or in my lab coat pocket.

It's a very snug fit, especially after I added license, cards and cash to the side flap. The zipper won't close completely, but it holds the phone in very securely and the gap means that I can hook up the charger and hotsync connections. I haven't made a call yet, but hope my bluetooth headset will mean I don't have to take it out in the car or for calls at work.

I could cut out the section behind one of the two windows, but that would leave exposed raw edges. In the meantime, I'll still have to take the phone out to use the key pad and see the screen, but it's better than letting it get lost and banged up in my purse or pocket (or falling out of my coat pocket). There's also the benefit of clipping my keys to it, so maybe I won't lose it as often.

I'm on the lookout for a better quality and more supple version - maybe half an inch longer.

BTW, while I was experimenting, I bought an "InCase" brand armband for an iPod 5th generation with video. The case fits the Centro tightly. I can use the buttons through the front plastic, but it's clumsy. The side buttons, camera, and charger connection aren't accessible. The case plus phone weigh about as much as my old 650. I'm taking it back to the store instead of retro-fitting it, though, because I can't remove the phone as easily as I can with the wallet, I won't use the pocket clip which adds weight and bulk, probably wouldn't wear the armband and like my $7 solution better.
  18. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I carry mine in a WorkingClassHeroes pouch from Etsy.com.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=7664658
    I thought people might like to know, now that I think I'm hooked on the skinit skins, even though I don't own a Centro yet, that when you choose the device and choose the skin category, that there are several designs to choose from even though they only show you one. I thought those were the only ones to choose from if that makes any sense?

In other words you'll see a bunch of designs on the page and there are more to choose from under each design. I didn't think I liked certain designs and then I found out there are more! Maybe its just me but I thought I'd mention it. The best one might be a skin with your own pic!
    I couldn't find a picture. I got a case tonight at BestBuy that seems good for a side holster leather case. It fits the Centro perfectly. It's called Designs by Milan. Model GL433.
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast