Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526
  1.    #501  
    I think I'm passing on the casemate, though it sounds nice. I seem to go back and forth between three cases:

1. The hard rubberized case from Cellet (the ebay one)
    2. Sena leather skin case: thinner profile and not as much protection, but I like the thinner profile. It does seem to shift forward a little, and I tend to have to pull it back up. Other than that, it is typical Sena.
    3. Cheapo plastic holster: I find myself using this more and am actually going to get the one with less plastic at the top so I have access to the stylus and vibrate switch without taking it out of the holster. Think it has a cutout for the camera as well.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Seidio finally released an extended life 1350 OEM sized battery! Not a great deal more but it's something.
    Anyone has tried the uniqueskins personalizable skins?
    http://www.uniqueskins.com
    Does anyone know of a hard case that will fit on the palm centro that has the extended battery with cover. I have a cool hard case that is covered with leather, but i want one that will fit with the extended battery and cover. thanks.
  5.    #505  
    Seidio will be your best bet for a hard case for the oversized battery. I doubt the chinese will make a cheap one, and if they do I doubt it'll be a priority. Haven't seen it, but I wonder if you could just take a dremel and cut a hole in the back piece to allow for the hump.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    When I started using Treos I finally settled-in with the Palm Side Case due to its positioning, sturdy construction, very strong belt clip and strong magnetic closure. My job is pretty rough and tumble, that case has been great.

I bought my Centro 6 months ago. I tried a case that was similar to Palm's but with a smaller profile to match the Centro. It fell off my belt a few times and ran my Centro's battery down fast due to a too tight fit. So I went back to my old Palm Side Case and have had no problems other than my Centro fits loosely in it and is getting scuffed up.

This trusty old case has been great, but it is wearing out and I will need a new case fairly soon. Other than ordering the exact same case again does anyone have any suggestions for a slimmer but very protective and sturdy horizontal belt clip case?
    I'm fairly confident I know the answer to this but cannot definitively find out -- is the Seidio rubberized hard case for the Centro compatible with the Seidio skinned holster?

Anybody use this combination?

I've got a Casemate Signature combo but have been through two holsters now (about a month each) due to the clips not standing up to everyday use.

Do the Seidio's stand up better? Opinions.

Other cases? I'm looking for a screen in holster mount with a protective shell or case -- don't want a silicon skin though.

Opinions would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tip10 View Post
    I'm fairly confident I know the answer to this but cannot definitively find out -- is the Seidio rubberized hard case for the Centro compatible with the Seidio skinned holster?

Anybody use this combination?

I've got a Casemate Signature combo but have been through two holsters now (about a month each) due to the clips not standing up to everyday use.

Do the Seidio's stand up better? Opinions.

Other cases? I'm looking for a screen in holster mount with a protective shell or case -- don't want a silicon skin though.

Opinions would be appreciated.
    The answer to your question is yes. I used to use that combination. But like your CaseMate the clip snapped and now I don't trust it. I use the Smartphone Experts SidePouch sold on this site for $25. It has a hole for the speaker so it is not muffled. Check it out. I still use Seidio rubberized hard case. It fits in the case just fine.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    Which is the "clearest" silicone skin case out there? I really like the look of my new red centro, but I like the protection of silicone. I realize the crystal cases would preserve the look but they are kind of clunky.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Hey All...I have a Problem that maybe the forum can help me anwser. I have the Centro and I use it with the Sedio 2600Mah extended Battery. I am currently using a case that I used for my Treo 755P when I had that phone. The problem is that while the phone fits the phone the width length. The phone is shorter than the case itself causing the phone to slide back and forth. I have included pictures for you to see and identified the space by the red marking in the last picture. I am looking for a case of the same style and offers the same protection. I'm not looking for a holster of any sort as I need protection for the phone. Thanks Everyone in advance for you help

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/kg6bki/FRONT.jpg
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...THOUTPHONE.jpg
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...HONEINCASE.jpg
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?
    Which case?

I have browsed through the thread but it's not clear to me which case(s) are best for the following 2 needs:

1. Thin, good looking case for business and social occasions. It should not interefere with using the device productively. OK if resests need an extra step or two.
    At this point prices should have dropped, so an elegant product may be available under $30.

2. Simple, pocketable scratch and drop protection when the phone is used in ways that would tear up a leather case; in a pocket with too much stuff, in a gym bag, out for a run.
    I don't mean a severe service case for really harsh conditions.
    It can't drag in one's pocket or collect lint. Some protection from screen breakage is a plus, let's say you sit down w the phone in a back pocket.

Either one should fit well and be without annoyances.
    I also need a screen protector apart from the case(s).

thanks

btw the Rhinoskin Titanium case I had with my Palm V was close to perfect. The closure was not secure, but it was 100% pocketable, elegant yet quite tough.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Otterbox, seriously, I had one when I owned a Blackberry and I use one for my Centro now.

Best, period.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone has ordered any of the Fortte cases?

I've ordered the Leather PDA Case Dual Design for Centro, and then customized it to be made in this COLOR. To me, it looks like a sweet case... but does it look as nice in person? Is it built as well as it looks?

Also, how long did it take you get receive your 'customized' case? They estimate 3-5 weeks on my order, but I'm hoping it won't take that long
    Well, it's been almost a year and a half now since I ordered this Forrte case, and I thought I'd offer up some feedback for those that may be interested in either the case, or the manufacturer.

I have used the Fortte case exclusively since the day I got it, and it has totally met all of my functional needs. It's still in excellent condition, which is saying a lot for the constant use, and often abusive environment that I've put this case through.

Not a single seam has come loose, there are no visible gouges or tears, and the leather has aged now to a wonderful dark cognac color. Previous cases (for my Treo's) that I've owned rarely lasted a year before they wore out. Truly an amazing case.

Fortte's products are definitely superior, and even if priced higher than some competitors products, they are quite reasonable when you consider the quality construction, beautiful design, and the protection they provide. They are well worth the price.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if someone still sells a headphone adapter that plugs into the universal connector? I had the internal 2.5mm headphone jack go bad on my last Centro and it's starting to happen to my replacement unit that I've had for 10 months. I remember seeing it before but now I don't even see them on ebay. Was there a problem with them that I should know about if I do find one? If someone has one they are willing to part with I'd pay.
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526