Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526 LastLast
    I spend as much $$$ on cases or more than most people. I have finally found a GREAT fit, a Smartphone Experts SidePouch and a Seidio Super Slim Rubberized Hard Case. They fit great together. The thing I like about the SidePouch is that it is made for the Centro. It has a cut out for the speaker. It's easy to hear it ring, no muffled sound.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    Quote Originally Posted by floridatony View Post
    I spend as much $$$ on cases or more than most people. I have finally found a GREAT fit, a Smartphone Experts SidePouch and a Seidio Super Slim Rubberized Hard Case. They fit great together. The thing I like about the SidePouch is that it is made for the Centro. It has a cut out for the speaker. It's easy to hear it ring, no muffled sound.
    Yea seidio makes the best products , hands down.
    I have the metal stylus from them and I WAS going to order the rubberized hard case but I ordered the Rubber skin instead.

Ive had cases like the aircase and what happens is little rocks and particles get caught in the case and actually scratch the phone.
    I assumed the same thing was going to happen with the rubberized hard case...
    Can you give me some info on how yours is holding up?

Usually what happens is particles of whatever get caught and the phone shimmy's ever so slightly and u get little scratches all over the phone...

anything like that happening?
    Id really like to order the hard case, the rubber skin is good but I want more protection ya know?!?

My other complaint is removing the battery or the card.
    is it a PIA to take the case appart?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbone View Post
    Yea seidio makes the best products , hands down.
    I have the metal stylus from them and I WAS going to order the rubberized hard case but I ordered the Rubber skin instead.

Ive had cases like the aircase and what happens is little rocks and particles get caught in the case and actually scratch the phone.
    I assumed the same thing was going to happen with the rubberized hard case...
    Can you give me some info on how yours is holding up?

Usually what happens is particles of whatever get caught and the phone shimmy's ever so slightly and u get little scratches all over the phone...

anything like that happening?
    Id really like to order the hard case, the rubber skin is good but I want more protection ya know?!?

My other complaint is removing the battery or the card.
    is it a PIA to take the case appart?

It works REAL good. I have the Rubber skin also but I use the hard case.
    No problems with stuff getting under it. And it's really not that hard to get off. I use my finger nails and open it from the bottom corner. I've taken it off a couple times to remove the micro card.
    I use TreoLauncher so I don't have to take out the battery to do a soft reset.
    The case is "A Buy" in my book.
    Florida Tony
    My Centro has a Seidio silicone skin. I wanted to get a cradle to plop my Centro into while at work. It fits nicely into the Insten cradle made for the 650/755p. Connector connection feels firm, and I can hit a button to hotsynch. It has a USB-to-USB cable to connect the cradle to a PC for power and synching.

I bought this cradle off of eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/Desktop-Cradle-S...13.m153.l1262).
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I have the Seidio hybrid case, and whenever I drop my phone, the case pops open. My phone does get protected from the initial drop at least.

I bought the extended battery, (it's shipping at the moment), and I'm going to see if I can cut out the back of the silicone case to accomodate the large size of the battery while still having protection for most of the phone.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    I have the seidio rubberized hard case. it work pretty nice. slim and hasn't popped off yet whenever I've dropped the phone. only problem is the dust on the screen edges. otherwise, it's a good case
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I bought the $20 cradle on ebay thinking it'd be great if I'm using the holster, but now that I'm back with the rubberized hard case it seemed like kind of a waste. Then I found out I could remove the clear plastic form fitting piece and it worked just fine. But it lacked rear support even though it was steady. Then I took a pair of bolt cutter and cut the curved wings off of the clear plastic piece and now it fits perfectly with the skin case and is completely stable. So if you want to have a skin type case on the centro, this cradle will do the job.
    http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/61...ntrcra1_es.jpg
    I bought a Cradle Charger made for a Treo 680. It works perfect with my skinned Centro. It looks like the one sold for the Centro, clear plastic back and curved plastic wings.
    Florida Tony
    Altec Lansing inMotion iMT1 Audio Speakers for PALM.
    I just bought one of these off eBay.
    It's like an iPod audio speaker docking station.
    It says it's for the Treo 650 CDMA... BUT it works great with my Centro GSM phone. The sound is great. I can dock my phone, play music, sync, & charge my battery all at the same time.
    I tried it with my wifes Treo 650 GSM and it works and sounds great with her phone also.
    Note: It works as a speaker phone for calls BUT there is some static. Only when using the phone is there static, NO static as a MP3 Player.
    Last edited by floridatony; 06/17/2008 at 08:48 PM.
    Florida Tony
    Just got the RHC and holster combo from Seidio. I'm not that impressed. like the fit, but one corner of mine will almost but won't snap closed. Looks secure, but comes apart at bad times, almost causing a drop once. YIKES! emailed them, now waiting to see what they do. Real interested in the best skin case. Any with keyboard and/screen covers?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogersmith00 View Post
    ... but one corner of mine will almost but won't snap closed.
    You must have gotten a bad one. I have the same set up with nice fit.
    Florida Tony
    Altec Lansing inMotion iMT1 Audio Speakers for PALM....
    Note: It works as a speaker phone for calls BUT there is some static. Only when using the phone is there static, NO static as a MP3 Player.
    That's because GSM phones generate that horrible RF interference. CDMA phones don't do that. It's not a problem with the speakers.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogersmith00 View Post
    Just got the RHC and holster combo from Seidio. I'm not that impressed. like the fit, but one corner of mine will almost but won't snap closed. Looks secure, but comes apart at bad times, almost causing a drop once. YIKES! emailed them, now waiting to see what they do. Real interested in the best skin case. Any with keyboard and/screen covers?
    I just got the Seidio rubberized hard case and have the same problem. It snaps together, but a few seconds later pops open on one side.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I bought that same eBay cradle seen above and it works awesome...

And I bought an eBay Seido type rip off crystal clear case for a fraction of the price for when I travel, but not for daily use - a little tight on fit, but once you get edges snapped on it is solid and firm. nice and a fraction of the price of the Deido.

I also bought off eBay a 2 pack of metal stylus - they are awesome!! only way to go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by eTard; 07/01/2008 at 10:02 AM.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Why are all of Sedio's cases for the Centro "OUT of Stock???"
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Just thought I'd report on the $20 Verizon Wireless Fitted Case (sorry, this is the best link I could give--VZW's website navigation is stateful).

This case has a built-in rotating clip, though the VZW website doesn't hint at this. I don't see any way to temporarily remove this clip. This makes the case quite bulky when you carry it in your pocket.

This case seems to be a more plasticky facsimile of the Case-Mate Signature Case, which is leather with nylon lining. They are not the same, for sure, but they seem to expose the front of the Centro in the same manner. That is my biggest problem. The material around the keys, while set back away from the keys, is just too thick (too high off the Centro), and interferes with my thumb typing of keys on the edges. I was even missing the space bar. It required a change in the way I used my thumbs (more perpendicular), but I'd still make mistakes.

I'm now using a cheap black silicon skin from eBay (not even worth linking, just a commodity silicon skin, $8 for combo pack of skin, car charger, and travel charger). Not as bulky, better for keyboard use, though surely not as protective. I'd like to try the Case-Mate Signature Case (without clip), to see if it's better for typing, but it's not worth taking a $30 chance, since the pictures on their website show that it lays on the Centro the same way with about the same thickness as the VZW case.

Still looking for a protective, non-flap, non-clip, fairly easy-off case that doesn't interfere with thumb keyboarding.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Altec Lansing inMotion iMT1 Audio Speakers for PALM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    That's because GSM phones generate that horrible RF interference. CDMA phones don't do that. It's not a problem with the speakers.
    I just bought the iMT1, hoping that because I am on Verizon Wireless (CDMA), the speakerphone would work fine. But it's worse than static. The person I call gets a lot of feedback when they talk. So much so that they go in and out on my side. Maybe it's just my unit, but this iMT1 with a Centro is a total bust as a speakerphone.
  18.    #498  
    has anyone tried the casemate leather skin case with holster? They seem a little bulky, but I like the wide open keyboard area. I'd give it a try, but with all I spend on trying cases, that's a big one to eat.

http://i23.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/da/34/eb85_1.JPGhttp://i7.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/da/34/ead1_1.JPGhttp://i14.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/da/34/ec35_1.JPG
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    has anyone tried the casemate leather skin case with holster? They seem a little bulky, but I like the wide open keyboard area. I'd give it a try, but with all I spend on trying cases, that's a big one to eat.
    I just got the Case-Mate case, not the holster, from eBay for $20. Sorry, I can't tell you anything about the case/holster combo.

I have a similar style form-fit case, but with non-removable clip, from Verizon (linked and "reviewed" a few posts above).

The Case-Mate has three things better:
    1. the keyboard is very open as you observed, even at the edges. Just as easy to thumb-key as a silicon skin case, maybe easier. However, that means there's a little bit of lost protection compared to a more extruding lower lip. Like if you toss the Centro onto a couch but it somehow fell down to the rug, you feel it might not fare as well as other cases, because the front lower lip of the Centro seems more exposed. (However, after simulating a few kinds of impact, I don't know exactly what type of fall would have anything other than the Centro keys or 5-way come in contact with anything.)
    2. I can fingernail the battery icon. It doesn't look like you can, because the upper part of the front sits high off the top of the Centro, sticking out noticeably, as if you haven't pushed the Centro down far enough in the case for the top front to curve properly over the top of the Centro. But not true, the top juts out noticeably no matter how tightly you push the Centro down into the case.
    3. It's easy to insert the Centro in the Case-Mate, and not too bad to remove, once you get the hang of it.

Bulky? I don't know, maybe a little (without the holster). The Centro in the Case-Mate does feel more substantial. The smooth leather doesn't grab in the pocket like silicon or rubber-coated cases.

I'll probably stick with this case. A cheap silicon case was decent enough, my second choice. Maybe use the Verizon case when I want a belt clip. I'm pretty sure I'm done with my search for the right case, wishing the same for you soon.

EDIT: I just found a screen protector, plus microfiber cloth, in the package. That's a nice bonus, though I already had a screen protector on the Centro.

EDIT: For item 2 above, where the top of the case juts out toward the face. I think it may be to help keep your face away from the screen. I just realized this when I finally pushed the phone somehow into my face, and must have hit the "End Call" icon or something. Before using this case, I had been making this mistake a lot.

Yet you're still able to fingernail the battery icon! I'm thinking that these guys really thought through their design of this case.

EDIT 3: After a month, I love this sturdy-feeling case. I find that I need to fingernail a lot on the Centro, and this case is just perfect for that, yet slippy in the pocket, easy to remove the Centro for battery/micro SD card change, and well-designed and sturdy. Just perfect for me.
    Last edited by jj2me; 09/20/2008 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Comes with a screen protector in the package
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    And another type of case, the Nite Ize Clip Case Plus, a cordura drop-in case that fits a pen plus cards plus flashlight. The Centro would fit the Medium/Large Clip Case.
    Last edited by jj2me; 08/19/2008 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Add the name of the case.