Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526 LastLast
  1. tsy
    Purchased for my unlocked white GMS centro:
    1) Rubberized Super Slim case - very nice and sleek. Gives your centro a professional look. Centro can still be charged in a seidio innodock. However, I noticed that after 30 mins or so one corner will pop out slightly. This has happened quite a few times over the last few hours. This could be due to the GSM centros having a slightly higher profile at the speaker section.

2) 3 pack 2 in 1 stylus - fantastic replacement for the centro stylus.

3) Screen Guard screen protector - supposed to have been a static screen protector but I got shipped one with adhesive!#@$. Tried to clean it and it got dustier and dustier. In the end I gave up and will not use the screen guard.
    Does anyone know of an Air Case and Clip Combo for the Centro? I had one for my Treo680... Prior to it I dropped my 680 once from a short distance w/ my Clear Case and a cheap Clip it came w/, the Case flew open and my phone still was scratched up!
    Need!
    http://palm.imageg.net/graphics/prod...p3627328dt.jpg
    Last edited by Sabanum; 03/27/2008 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Too long!
    http://www.pcuniverse.com/images/products/I534996.jpgHas anyone seen any battery chargers for the centro batteries like this one
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    http://www.pcuniverse.com/images/products/I534996.jpgHas anyone seen any battery chargers for the centro batteries like this one
    Not yet but I'm keeping my eye out for it. I would definitely get one of those if they were available.
    Woo, I just got my Boxwave Armor Case for my black AT&T GSM Centro, and I absolutely love it! The aluminum case basically swings open via a small hinge on the side, and clasps firmly shut upon closing. The inside is very protective due to its embedded layer of foam, and completely envelops the phone, like a perfect-fitting glove. The outside has that slightly "gritty" texture, which is in total contrast to the smoothness of the Centro -- no worrying about the case slipping out of your hands! It doesn't add that much weight to the phone, but I think it gives it just enough bulk so that the unit doesn't feel like a light toy. Of course, the major benefit is the plexiglass shield which completely protects the screen and eliminates the need for any of those cellophane plastic covers. As mentioned above, to access the screen via the stylus, you have to swing the case open and/or remove the Centro from the case. I don't use the stylus that much, so I don't mind swinging it open when necessary. However, your mileage may vary. I don't use a belt clip, but it's included in the package for those interested in that.

I give it 5 out of 5 stars!
    What's typing on the Centro like with the case on? Do u type a lot of emails/txt?
    Can u post a few pics of the aluminum case wirh Centro in it?
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    What's typing on the Centro like with the case on? Do u type a lot of emails/txt?
    The case doesn't really interfere with the keyboard -- I haven't found it to be an issue yet.

Can u post a few pics of the aluminum case wirh Centro in it?
    My digital camera is broken. I suppose I could try to take a picture of the Centro with the case on it using a mirror. But if you look at the Armor Case webpage, they have some pictures of the Centro with the case on it.

However, one disturbing thing that I have started noticing is that the reception seems to plummet to one or two bars when the Centro is in the case. When I took the phone out, it jumped back up to 4 bars again. I did this several times, in different areas in my house, to double-check and confirm, and the same thing always happened. It seems that the aluminum case may be causing interference with the signal (or at least with the signal strength indicator). I will continue to test this out at various locations over the next few days and report back my findings...
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey View Post
    T
    However, one disturbing thing that I have started noticing is that the reception seems to plummet to one or two bars when the Centro is in the case.
    Not surprising if you think about it. The Centro has an internal antenna. The metal case is acting as a shield and interferes with reception.
    Anyone else besides tsy try out the Seidio rubberized hard case? I just got mine and it keeps popping open too. Grrr...am waiting to hear back from customer service.
    I just picked up a new case for my black Centro. It is called the "Clip Case plus" by Nite Ize. I picked it up at REI in Philla for $16.

What I like about it is :
    - it has extra pockets (1 in front, 1 in back and 2 on one side
    - it has a place for a pen
    - it has a place for a wireless headset (called a "tooth ferry")

What I don't like :
    - it's a little too wide for the Centro...not a snug fit. Maybe the smaller size would be a better fit...but they did not have it the store.

I now have my phone, 2.5mm headphones, my wireless headset all in one case.

Here is a photo:

http://www.niteize.com/Images/produc..._features2.jpg
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.
  11.    #471  
    Hey hockey, I hope you didn't pay $28 plus shipping for that thing because that's the Aluminum Monaco case you can get for $21 shipped on ebay. Same exact case. Heck, I would've sold mine to you for $15. I couldn't stand it. It adds a lot of bulk to the form factor because of that raised hard screen area. Plus you can't use the touchscreen unless you open the case up. Royal PITA.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  12.    #472  
    I've dropped the cellet rubberized case numerous times and only the one corner pops loose. The case still stays intact. Was a nice test bouncing along the sidewalk...haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by melzabub View Post
    Anyone else besides tsy try out the Seidio rubberized hard case? I just got mine and it keeps popping open too. Grrr...am waiting to hear back from customer service.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    In response to the battery charger posted above (the one that's basically a battery case that you connect the power plug to), I agree that it's not out for the Centro yet. That's too bad, because it really was the best way to stay charged with my old 700p (I sync via bluetooth, so I don't use a cradle, although cradles with an extra slot for a battery is also a good option).

I went ahead and bought this seidio charger to recharge my extra (non-extended, OEM) Centro battery:

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=887

It's basically a moderately-sized power brick that you plug directly into the wall. It has different snap-on attachments for different cell phone batteries, so you can use it to charge batteries for different phones. The only problem I've had so far, though, is that I haven't been able to get a 100% charge. For example, last night I charged my extra battery overnight in the charger. This afternoon, I swapped in the supposedly "charged" battery (you charge it until the light on the charger goes from red to green), but the phone showed only 78% power. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Hello All,

There is no better case than the Case Mate one for the Palm Centro. This is a holster case combo and the best according to me. Its available at http://www.case-mate.com & worth all the money you pay. Its basically a molded leather, plastic combo and it is good, safe and looks really stylish. I have been using one and will never pick up another one ever.

Cheers,
    Deepak
    Just got one of those Jelly cases for $5
    street vendor nyc
    fits great
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    I've done even more searching and it appears that the only form-fit (AKA glove-fit) Centro case with full coverage of the entire face (screen and QWERTY keys) is the Fortte Leather PDA Case Glove Fit for PalmŪ Centro but I'm still worried about the quality of the case. I saw a few other posts in this thread about the quality of another Fortte case. Has anyone else ordered one of these cases?
    Just a follow-up note for anyone else that might be interested. I got the Fortte case mentioned above over a month ago. The quality of the case was very good and it has held up well. My only complaint is that it is a bit difficult to type on the Centro through the clear plastic cover. The Centro has such small keys that are so close together that adding a clear plastic (rubbery) cover makes it harder to tell what key your thumb is on. Also, it makes it REALLY difficult to press the center button on the 5-way navigator. Since it's recessed behind the Left, Right, Up, Down buttons - you tend to hit one of them by accident when you want to press the center button.
    Overall, I am still happy with the case.
    Sales ends 4/30/08. Got myself the Air Case and the Slip Pouch with Lanyards for my Centro. Can't wait for their arrival....Anyone have any experiences with these?
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey View Post
    However, one disturbing thing that I have started noticing is that the reception seems to plummet to one or two bars when the Centro is in the case. When I took the phone out, it jumped back up to 4 bars again. I did this several times, in different areas in my house, to double-check and confirm, and the same thing always happened. It seems that the aluminum case may be causing interference with the signal (or at least with the signal strength indicator).
    Well, first thing that sprung to mind when I read "aluminum case" was signal loss. The metal in the case acts like a Faraday cage and interferes with reception. This means the following for you:

- dropped calls
    - higher radiation to the head (because of the lower reception the phone powers up the radio)
    - worse battery life (because of no. 2)

dakis
    Quote Originally Posted by cutiebunny View Post
    Sales ends 4/30/08. Got myself the Air Case and the Slip Pouch with Lanyards for my Centro. Can't wait for their arrival....Anyone have any experiences with these?
    nice! thanks for the heads up! i've had both cases and they're great! quality products!

what i'm patiently waiting for is the extended battery for the pink centro..
    diane
    Quote Originally Posted by cutiebunny View Post
    Great deal on the Sena Flipper, $31.99.