Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526 LastLast
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I'm still torn between this and the holster (if I ever get them. it's been over 10 days).
    We need someone to sell a rubberized hard case with a holster combo. at work I need to pocket my centro because of my smock. Other times I wish I had a holster.

I just got my 4 hole hard case today. It took a little bit to snap it on. I would snap one side on and the other would snap off. I seem to got it on now.

Now I looking at the rubberized case from the naked cell phone ebay guy. Being the case ***** that I am, I think I may order one. But the key access has me nervous.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
  2.    #442  
    don't order it yet. The pain in the *ss I am, I emailed Cellet, and I got into a quick email exchange (was very surprised at that) about how they passed me email onto sales and they appreciated the comments and are aware that the case would be better without that keyboard rim and are going to change it. So hold off in the meantime. I hear you on the case ***** thing. I have about three different ones sitting around now. And the one ebay seller I disputed just gave me a full refund and I don't have to send the cases back because he finally realized they were crap and not worth paying to return.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Crogs, where's your outie holster? Just an FYI the OP brand outie holster's hinge is a pin, which I mentioned earlier, that has now slid out completely twice. I had caught it before it slid all the way out and pushed it back in at other times. I was thinking to tap the end of the pin to make it wide enough to not slide out.

I thought I lost the pin this time and went back to eBay. This time I ordered what I think is a new style on eBay that Crogs found earlier. The top part of the phone is exposed which I think might make it easier to take out of the holster and it looks like they moved the clip so the lens is fully functional and not blocked, although it looks like the mirror might be covered? I don't have it yet but I imagine I should by Friday.

At least I'm paying $5 for these and not $20. I'd be really ticked if I paid retail. I figure these are disposable. I don't think I use the phone that much at all or move around that much with the holster for that matter so I guess I am disappointed with the quality or functionality of them. The outie holster is definitely the way to go if you're careful.

I'm thinking if the new holster doesn't work out, which I'd test but probably won't use now that I just found the pin on the other one that I'd go back to the original holster. I think that worked great until I snapped the belt clip off on an arm rest.
    Last edited by BCVP; 02/19/2008 at 06:21 PM.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I still haven't gotten my custom case yet from Fortte. Ordered it on Jan 23rd. Looks like it may be next week, at the earliest.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I still haven't gotten my custom case yet from Fortte. Ordered it on Jan 23rd. Looks like it may be next week, at the earliest.
    Patience is a virtue... but... it seems most of us are not very virtuous!

I hated waiting for my order too, but, it was definitely worth it.
    Well I got my new outie holster, yesterday but I didn't check the mail! I think the plastic is the same but it isn't a tight, snug fit like the other two common outie holsters found on eBay. Looking at it more closely the sides of the holster go up to the top edge of the black, back half of the phone. In other words the front, top and 90% of the sides are exposed.

The camera lens is not blocked! The phone is much easier to take out of the holster with the lower sides and top exposed. It feels lighter than the OP and the other one since the belt clip is thinner and has less plastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by star444 View Post
    No, it is a snug fit. The keyboard and the case are not completely flush, and the leather comes up just a teeny tiny bit higher. This allows you to see just a bit of the black felt-like lining. In pictures, the black felt-like lining viewed right next to the black phone, makes it appear as if there is a gap. In real life, where depth-perception is more obvious, it does not appear as a gap. I've attached a couple more pictures that might make it clearer.
    Star -- looking back in the thread I'm not sure whose cases those are.
    Whose is it, and after using it a few days do you still like it?
    Too bad the street vendors are not out now or I'd look for something on 14th street.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrackBerry View Post
    Star -- looking back in the thread I'm not sure whose cases those are.
    Whose is it, and after using it a few days do you still like it?
    Too bad the street vendors are not out now or I'd look for something on 14th street.
    Those cases came from Fortte. They have six styles for the Centro with 33 color combinations.

I couldn't be happier with my case. It looks great, fits great, and offers great protection.

The only drawback would be the time it takes to actually get the case if you order any "customization" (which means anything other than standard black with belt clip). It took almost 3 weeks to get my order, but in all fairness, they state when you place an order for a custom color, or without belt clip, that it could take 4 to 6 weeks. I guess the black ones were mass-produced with belt clips, and any other orders are custom orders. Anyway, it was definitely worth the wait.

By the way, currently when you sign on to their main page www.fortte.com, you'll see a window that shows new designs, specials and discounts. That window changes every few seconds, and one of the views advertises a coupon special going on right now. You can get 25% off, if you order 2 or more cases, by entering coupon code FTT252FF.
    Quote Originally Posted by star444 View Post
    Those cases came from Fortte. They have six styles for the Centro with 33 color combinations.

I couldn't be happier with my case. It looks great, fits great, and offers great protection.

The only drawback would be the time it takes to actually get the case if you order any "customization" (which means anything other than standard black with belt clip). It took almost 3 weeks to get my order, but in all fairness, they state when you place an order for a custom color, or without belt clip, that it could take 4 to 6 weeks. I guess the black ones were mass-produced with belt clips, and any other orders are custom orders. Anyway, it was definitely worth the wait.

By the way, currently when you sign on to their main page www.fortte.com, you'll see a window that shows new designs, specials and discounts. That window changes every few seconds, and one of the views advertises a coupon special going on right now. You can get 25% off, if you order 2 or more cases, by entering coupon code FTT252FF.
    Thanks.. and now a dumb question - where to get a screen protector for it without goopy adhesive? The thing is so small a screen sheet costs a few cents to make and I can't see paying more than a few dollars each for them. For my old Vx I got an indestructable, expensive one from pdascreenprotectors.com, but they're not available for the Centro.
    I like the javoedge one. Looks like its not even there.

I just picked up the SPE Glovefit from TC. This case is going back. Not what I expected. Check out my review.

http://treoline.blogspot.com/2008/02...-for-palm.html
    Btw, I forgot to add to the new outie holster that you can definitely feel the vibration when on silent and the ring/vibrate switch is accessible on this holster, You need to remove the phone on the other outie holsters afaikafaikafaik.
  12.    #452  
    yeah, the holster that completely encases the phone limits access to the vibrate switch, but more importantly the stylus. that just killed it for me as I use it as a playthrough case. So I'm back to the cellet rubberized case.

What I would use that holster for is running. I think the spring clip is very secure on it. And the fully encased part makes it next to impossible for it to come out accidentally. I wouldn't trust a removable clip to that kind of abuse.

If I get a chance I'll update the first post. It's been awhile.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Crogs, I don't remember the stylus being blocked on the OP brand? I really didn't pay attention to the other one since I broke it soon after I got it. I do like the one I have reviewed above, between it being lighter, the camera and the vibrate. I was planning on getting the original one to try out again if this one went but with these functions the others don't have I guess I'll stick with this one. I still find myself pushing the pin in, now that I know to check that.
  14.    #454  
    This is the one I got, and I thought I linked to:
    http://i8.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/de/7e/8568_1_b.JPG

I guess this would be the one to get that has better access:
    http://i19.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/dd/74/8437_1_b.JPG

Haven't had any issues with the clip on the OP one.
    I got a case for my Centro from Prima Cases. It is like a leather skin that allows complete screen access and keeps the sides and the back of the phone protected. I am particularly in love with the way the back openings fit the Centro
    http://www.primacases.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=236
  16.    #456  
    my only issue with that case is the leather rim around the keyboard. I don't know why designers have to contour the leather inward just below the send/end buttons. It's a dumb design that the cheap crystal cases followed. The keyboard is crowded enough. It's one thing Seidio got right with their hard cases is the design around the keyboard. They just don't offer any kind of clip unless you make it more bulky with an additional holster. But for many it's another option to the leather skin type cases.
    http://www.primacases.com/images/upl...29AD3B3655.JPG
    Anyone who has used the Palm Air Case care to comment? It's 25% off at the moment (and there's probably a twin on ebay for 1/3)
  18.    #458  
    think there were quite a few on it already whether you search through the thread or the forum. Think people like it and there were no issues with the GSM version either. It's only $12 plus shipping at PC Connection

Thread on it
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrackBerry View Post
    Anyone who has used the Palm Air Case care to comment? It's 25% off at the moment (and there's probably a twin on ebay for 1/3)
  19.    #459  
    I bought the $20 cradle on ebay thinking it'd be great if I'm using the holster, but now that I'm back with the rubberized hard case it seemed like kind of a waste. Then I found out I could remove the clear plastic form fitting piece and it worked just fine. But it lacked rear support even though it was steady. Then I took a pair of bolt cutter and cut the curved wings off of the clear plastic piece and now it fits perfectly with the skin case and is completely stable. So if you want to have a skin type case on the centro, this cradle will do the job.
    http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/61...ntrcra1_es.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have been looking for a nice leather case for my pink Centro. Found a Reiko in pink at cell phone store in Tampa. It is not listed as compatible. It is horizontal,magnetic clip, a tight fit. I stretched it out overnight (its leather) and found the perfect fit. It is also the perfect pink color to match phone.
    It is not shown in Reiko/Mobo web site, but they are out there.