Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526 LastLast
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    is the bottom around the keyboard as loose as it looks? Looks just as loose as it did in the stock pics. Without the cover, as a skin case, makes me think it could easily get pulled away from the phone if it was caught on something. Looks pretty nice otherwise.
    No, it is a snug fit. The keyboard and the case are not completely flush, and the leather comes up just a teeny tiny bit higher. This allows you to see just a bit of the black felt-like lining. In pictures, the black felt-like lining viewed right next to the black phone, makes it appear as if there is a gap. In real life, where depth-perception is more obvious, it does not appear as a gap. I've attached a couple more pictures that might make it clearer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by star444 View Post
    No, it is a snug fit. The keyboard and the case are not completely flush, and the leather comes up just a teeny tiny bit higher. This allows you to see just a bit of the black felt-like lining. In pictures, the black felt-like lining viewed right next to the black phone, makes it appear as if there is a gap. In real life, where depth-perception is more obvious, it does not appear as a gap. I've attached a couple more pictures that might make it clearer.
    Awesome. That was my one concern. Looks like a great case, star. I'm really anxious to get mine now. Did they email you it was shipping, or did it just show up?

Thanks for the fine pics!

Micael
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Awesome. That was my one concern. Looks like a great case, star. I'm really anxious to get mine now. Did they email you it was shipping, or did it just show up?

Thanks for the fine pics!

Micael
    They sent an email to tell me the order was ready to ship, then shortly thereafter I received an email from UPS with the tracking information.

I'm very happy with this case!
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Just got my carbon fiber case after ordering 2 weeks ago from ebay seller enmobil.

It came cracked and the case will not snap shut at one of the upper corners. I sent the seller an email this morning but I have no reply yet.

Crogs, the case they sent has a small hump on the back with a large square hole for a clip. Is yours like this or did you get the one they pictured with the small 4 holes?

Thanks,
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
  5.    #425  
    that's a different case. I got the one with the 4 small holes on the back. I had the same problem with a different seller, and haven't got a response. I reported it to paypal. Tired of the switch crap. I'm atually going to escalate it now that you got it on the brain. The hump on the back ones also have that extra ridge around the keyboard. the fit is too tight and it's the upper corners that won't stay shut. Such a pain. I think that was the same seller I got my CF case from. Odd that they switched cases.

Quote Originally Posted by LennyV View Post
    Just got my carbon fiber case after ordering 2 weeks ago from ebay seller enmobil.

It came cracked and the case will not snap shut at one of the upper corners. I sent the seller an email this morning but I have no reply yet.

Crogs, the case they sent has a small hump on the back with a large square hole for a clip. Is yours like this or did you get the one they pictured with the small 4 holes?

Thanks,
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Well the ebay seller refunded my money after I started a paypal dispute.

Back to square one. Anybody know any ebay sellers that sell a good carbon fiber or rubberized hard case?
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
  7.    #427  
    These guys just got the regular black ones in. But they haven't listed them yet. They sent two to me to replace the wrong ones they sent originally. They only seem to have the funky designed ones now like the zebra stripe and polka dots.

I just escalated the paypal dispute for the rubberized ones I got that were wrong. Still no response from the seller. I think I'm going to end up using just the holster when they finally come.

Well the ebay seller refunded my money after I started a paypal dispute.

Back to square one. Anybody know any ebay sellers that sell a good carbon fiber or rubberized hard case?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Speaking of which I forgot to post how I just got the outtie holster made by OP. It is the same as the other one on eBay but the clip on the belt clip I think is much better. I tossed the other one that broke and don't remember the clip on that one having a grip for the inside of your pants or belt or a lip for the bottom of your belt. I had mentioned earlier how there is a thumb grip on top that the other one doesn't have. This one has a large OP logo on the belt clip and a OP logo hologram sticker on the inside of the holster. I guess this one is official, genuine made in China or something.
  9.    #429  
    now you know that post is no good without pics...c'mon...haha
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    These guys just got the regular black ones in. But they haven't listed them yet. They sent two to me to replace the wrong ones they sent originally. They only seem to have the funky designed ones now like the zebra stripe and polka dots.
    Thanks Crogs. I found an ebay seller listing the 4-hole hard case in black.

Here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PALM-TREO-CENTRO...QQcmdZViewItem

I just ordered it. I hope it is the case that is shown. I really liked the carbon fiber look but I don't see any ebay seller showing pictures of the 4-hole design.

Geez ebay is flooded with those other cases that don't fit.
    Lenny

SmartPhoneExperts has released a new glove fit case for the centro. It has a plastic covering to protect the keyboard and screen.

http://products.smartphoneexperts.co...4-20--3339.htm
  12.    #432  
    One word: fugly. Looks practically unusable while in the case. With the keyboard spacing as it is, how do you think you could possibly type with it in the case. Now try to use the touchscreen? I don't get the case at all.

On another note, I hate the camera placement on this phone. Every clip I've seen is so damn low the phone sits too high on my waist. Even the four hole hard cases put the swivel too centered. Makes zero sense. I can't even put the multidapt on to have it sit low because it interferes with the camera. They need to shift it up about a centimeter. Plenty of room. I think I'm going to end up with just using the holster if it will ever get here. It's play through, sits pretty flush when on the belt and the clip swivels out of the way of the camera. And the black four hole hard case is pretty nice. It's glossy black so it's very slippery and a fingerprint magnet. Would be nice to see the rubberized version if they ever come out with it. And while the clips hold pretty securely, the one on the left side by the keyboard can partially separate once in awhile, but nowhere near the old style cheap hard cases on ebay that we've complained about.

Quote Originally Posted by tomchan79 View Post
    SmartPhoneExperts has released a new glove fit case for the centro. It has a plastic covering to protect the keyboard and screen.

http://products.smartphoneexperts.co...4-20--3339.htm
    IDK, the two outtie holsters I got have the full cutout for the speaker, camera and mirror but the belt clip is about 2mm too high or too close to the lens so the pics appear to have a thin black bar across the bottom.
  14.    #434  
    stupid question, but don't you just rotate the clip sideways to have it completely out of the way? Or is that with the clip sideways? I can't blame the manufacturers too much on these clip designs. It's Palm who screwed up and put the camera so low. I haven't seen one clip design yet that isn't too centered. You'd like to see the 2/3's or so of the phone below the belt yet with every clip I've tried it sits almost halfway. Makes it even worse for people with big guts to wear on the belt unless they are wearing it sideways. Of course with my rippin' four-pack, I don't have that problem...haha. I plan on dropping an email palm's way even if it falls on deaf ears about how the camera should be a little higher up. That mirrored circle and lens should be reversed or put side by side so it sits higher up. Even putting a multidapt on the back of one of the crystal cases, it can't be placed high enough to have the phone hang down naturally and not interfere with the camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    IDK, the two outtie holsters I got have the full cutout for the speaker, camera and mirror but the belt clip is about 2mm too high or too close to the lens so the pics appear to have a thin black bar across the bottom.
    ALSO....

I'm getting a new Rubberized Hard Case that is from a different mfg than the originals that didn't fit properly. All I have to say is nakedcellphone (ebay seller) has been very helpful in me buying and returning things. They stopped selling the original style of hard case, went to the one with the 4 hole back and found a different mfg for the rubberized one that (they claim) fits much better than the originals. So I'm going to give that a shot and will report back when it arrives. My only problem (provided they fit well) with these aftermarket hard cases is the belt clip part of them is horrible in regards to the spring release. It is not smooth at all so it requires a little effort to release the phone. What I've found is most dollar store belt kit clips or cases with a belt clip have pretty decent clips that fit the nubbin so it is an easy fix.

I told them I'd plug them since they've been very helpful to me. Here's the link to their Centro store. If I'm not mistaken, you'll find the new mfg cases in clear, red, leather and black. The red and black are rubberized. I've never been fond of the leather versions as they just seem really really cheap. They have the cradle/spare battery charger as well. I think it's a few dollars cheap elsewhere, but it might be cost effective if you're buying other things for combined shipping. It also ships from Cali as opposed to the $20 one that ships from China. I'm still up in the air about buying it it. Sooner or later though.
  15.    #435  
    Finally....Got the new rubberized case today from nakedcellphone and the fit is perfect. It is thinner than the 4-hole cases that we talked about as well as the original cases of this design. I feel like I have a hard version of Seidio's silicone case. It locks shut, and it stays shut. I didn't toss it on the ground, but I had to pry the hell out of it to get it apart. Slipped a credit card down the side to separate it. Even the nubbin on it is low profile, and the belt clip works well. This is probably the first aftermarket hard case I can fully recommend. And for those who don't want to use the swivel clip, the back is flat with no raised area around the nubbin hole. So the pocket people should be very happy. Best of all, it's cheap. If you want to buy it elsewhere, make sure the brand name is Cellet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Crogs,

How is access to the keys. I thought the cases with that lip around the keys would limit typing.

Lenny
    Last edited by LennyV; 02/12/2008 at 07:24 PM.
    Lenny

17.    #437  
    It hasn't been bad. I find myself putting pressure on the lip as I press the return , menu, alt, spacebar, 0, shift and punctuation key. It just feels different, but it hasn't caused me to screw up. I barely notice it with the Q, A, P and backspace keys.

I wish I knew why they felt they needed the lip. It's a hard case. Just extend the sides a touch beyond the edge of the phone. I mentioned it to the seller and emailed Cellet direct about it. Maybe they can improve it for gen 2 of the case.

I'm still torn between this and the holster (if I ever get them. it's been over 10 days).

Crogs,

How is access to the keys. I thought the cases with that lip around the keys would limit typing.

Lenny
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I slip mine in my pocket, so I'd be concerned with keys and coins scratching the screen. I've got to have a flap or cover of some sort that's easy to remove for incoming calls.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  19.    #439  
    wouldn't something that covers the screen just add bulk to a phone that's now small enough to fit in your pocket? I'd think buying a few screen protectors would do the trick with some sort of skin case be it plastic, leather or silicone.
    Crogs, the issue seems to be how wide the belt clip is. The OP holster is tapered a little but not enough to be out of the pic. The belt clip is high, the top is close to but doesn't extend above the top of the Centro in the vertical position. The Centro is low since the clip is at the top but the Centro is lower in the horizontal position since the top of the belt clip extends past the side of the Centro. I don't really see how they could make it different? I guess they thought the width of the belt clip was needed to keep it secure.

Ok, I guess if they lowered the belt clip 2mm it would've cleared the lens and probably wouldn't make a difference where it clips on your belt in either position. That or make the belt clip a little thinner.

I dropped my OP a couple of times and the last time I did the pin slid out. I didn't know there was a pin and would've thought the hinge was permanent or locked in place? I had to place the spring in just right, line the belt clip over the spring, press it down and slide the pin in place.