Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    does it fit like it shows in the pictures? The pictures show it as an exact fit. If there is more play than that then return it. If they won't take it back and refund you for the item and shiping, then take it to paypal. Take a picture of your centro in the case and include it to paypal with the pics from their website. People don't complain enough when they buy stuff from ebay. They just toss it in a drawer and take it as a loss.
    Well, it was one of those things where the item costs 99 cents and the shipping is $5.99. So, I would only be entitled to the 99 cents back. Also, their photos showed the case and the centro, but never the centro IN the case. (This is a case I bought on eBay, NOT the PDAir case) So, buyer beware.

Anyway, my reason for posting is to find out if anyone has the PDAir horizontal leather case, and if it's a snug fit for the centro or not.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDogMike View Post
    Well, it was one of those things where the item costs 99 cents and the shipping is $5.99. So, I would only be entitled to the 99 cents back. Also, their photos showed the case and the centro, but never the centro IN the case. (This is a case I bought on eBay, NOT the PDAir case) So, buyer beware.

Anyway, my reason for posting is to find out if anyone has the PDAir horizontal leather case, and if it's a snug fit for the centro or not.

Thanks,
    Mike
    I got the Cellet case off ebay for like $10 w/ shipping and it's a snug fit, but not bad enough.
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by user123455 View Post
    What's the point of putting a cellphone in a pouch when you have to get the cellphone out just to see who's calling ? and most likely by the time you do that, you already missed the call. I do agree it's a nice case, just useless unlikethe krussel leather form-fit case, which gives the same protection and let's you use the phone without removing it from the case.
    Just comes down to how you want to use it. I considered that style because all I'm concerned with is protecting the phone while its in my pocket. Looking at it, it hardly looks like the effort of slipping it out of the case to see who's calling will be extensive.

There's no one best case style.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    eGrips now has clear eGrips for the Centro.

http://www.egrips.com/images/appliques/2260/226090_.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadpiratedoug View Post
    ...it's a snug fit, but not bad enough.
    What do you mean by "not bad enough"?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Will do, Crogs. Meanwhile, I'm still interested in hearing from others who have ordered Fortte case for their Centro, or have used their cases in the past.
    I received my cases from Fortte today, and must say, the Cognac case looks great!

I tried to take some pictures but my darn camera seems to be on the fritz.
  7.    #407  
    not necessarily. the item is significantly not as described. paypal would see it you get everything back including shipping. I just ordered some of the newer style crystal cases and they sent me the old style ones. I'm very peeved and am expecting a "full" refund unless they want paypal involved. I've never lost a paypal dispute when I was in the right.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Well I was in love with my outtie holster off of eBay for <$5. I don't know what happened really but it seems like the holster and phone got stuck under the armrest of my desk chair as I went to stand up. The holster snapped off of the belt clip and a spring went flying. It looks like there two models being sold on eBay.

I just ordered the other one to see if there is much of a difference. The other one I just ordered has a large OP logo and thumb grip on the belt clip. I found one for <$5.50. I should be getting it soon. Now I'm back to going commando in a pocket.

I thought the first one was well made. I guess its my fault I wasn't paying attention. I was thinking if this one breaks I'd buy several and save on the shipping.
  9.    #409  
    yeah, that's tough to blame the holster on that one. I've done that before with different holsters and even broke a multidapt or two that way. It's just dumb luck. There are a few style of holsters out there. One is full coverage top to bottom. The other two are fairly open at the top half of the phone and offset the top tab. Really exposes the top corners and back of the phone. I wouldn't use them. I just bought three of the first type for $11.47 shipped here.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Yes, that's the model I just bought too, but I paid more, I don't know why but I wanted it shipped on Friday so I just grabbed one quick!
    What do you mean by "not bad enough"?
    Whoops, meant to say "not that bad, though" it's snug, but not terrible - easy to get it out of the holster.
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

Another HUGE advantage of the Krussel case is that not only that it does not block the rear speaker even with the flap close, it actually helps while listening when the centro is lying on a surface. Normally, when the centro is not inside a case, and you lay it on its back, the sound from the rear speaker is seriously muffled. But when the centro is in the krussel case, the leather flap in the back creates a hump, which lets the sound out as clear as when the centro is not on a surface !

Which other case can do that ?!? (retorical question)
  13.    #413  
    If I'm using the speaker I usually turn it upside down. But any case that has a clip or swivel nub will be raised and allow better sound from the speaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by user123455 View Post
    But when the centro is in the krussel case, the leather flap in the back creates a hump, which lets the sound out as clear as when the centro is not on a surface !

Which other case can do that ?!? (retorical question)
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    If I'm using the speaker I usually turn it upside down.....
    That must make it difficult to watch tv/movies!

(Just messing with ya'. LOL )
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by star444 View Post
    I received my cases from Fortte today, and must say, the Cognac case looks great!

Wow, great! What were your other colors? When did you originally order it?

Unfritz that camera!

---------EDIT------------
    Ah, I went back and saw from your original post that it was the 12th of January. I ordered mine on the 28th... I think that puts mine out til about the 12th or 13th of February. Ok, well at least let us know what the fit and finish is like... is it 'loose and sloppy' fitted like some people assertained from the pictures?
    Last edited by Micael; 02/04/2008 at 03:30 PM.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  16.    #416  
    oh sure...leave out the first part of my statement. how convenient...

That must make it difficult to watch tv/movies!

(Just messing with ya'. LOL )
  17.    #417  
    okay...I'm going to attempt yet again to see if I can get a bulk order from China. This time I'm going for the pen/styli combo. The ones on Seidio and Boxwave's websites are the same exact ones the wholesalers have. There is ZERO DIFFERENCE. So again, I'll see what I can do. But I have a feeling they'll be on ebay before I can get a supplier to respond. Minimum order quanity is 500. Should be interesting and/or a complete waste of my time yet again....haha.
    You are aware that the Centro has a built-in camera, right? (A pretty decent one, too.)
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    You are aware that the Centro has a built-in camera, right? (A pretty decent one, too.)
    Yeah, but I wanted to get pictures of them on the phone. My son came over tonight and I gave my camera another try. Attached are some pictures.

I purchased three of the cases. One for me, one for my son, and one for his wife. (All three of us just had birthday's this week.) We all absolutely love this case. It fits very snug. I think some of the pictures other have seen were misleading. The black felt-like lining, when viewed right next to the black phone, makes it appear as if there is a gap.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  20.    #420  
    is the bottom around the keyboard as loose as it looks? Looks just as loose as it did in the stock pics. Without the cover, as a skin case, makes me think it could easily get pulled away from the phone if it was caught on something. Looks pretty nice otherwise.