Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Will do, Crogs. Meanwhile, I'm still interested in hearing from others who have ordered Fortte case for their Centro, or have used their cases in the past.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    nope. And I'm returning the Krusell case. It just feels really bulky in the rear, and I don't like the flap that opens to expose the camera. Just more thickness to the rear. I'm buying some multidapts from ProClip and putting them on the hard case. Will probably buy a holster as well. I miss the simple solid color vinyl skins. Most of the designed type are just tacky. Plus the whole front is filled with screen and keyboard. What do I care what the back looks like. It's usually hidden anyway.
    I also got the Krussel case (for $13 thanks to you !), and I like it. Even if you don't like it, I wouldn't return it, since it only cost $13 so considering the shipping cost and trouble to pack and send it, you're not going to gain much by returning it.

The case is great, the leather is of high quality, and all the holes are PERFECT position for the button and connectors. Even the tiny hole for the charging light is lined up exactly over the LED. The thick leather provides superb protection against scratches as well as against falls (much better than "hard" cases).

My only concerns were with the plastic over the screen, which hinders using the touch screen, so I cut that off. The other concern was about the flap in the back, which connects to the belt clip, and is permenantly attached to the case (the belt clip is not permenantly attached, only the leather flap). It turns out that this flap, which covers the rear speaker and camera lens, DOES NOT affect the sound coming out of the rear speaker. So speakerphone works 100% perfectly (that is, it sounds the SAME as when the centro is not inside the case), as well as watching video clips etc, even with the rear flap closed. Of course you would still need to open the flap to take pictures, but that's perfectly acceptable.

As for added bulk or thickness, I don't think that this case adds too much bulk or thickness. The phone inside the case is still light and easily pocketable. And if provides great protection, even the screen is well protected, because it is now quite deeply below the surface of the case.

Great case, easily worth $30 !
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Will do, Crogs. Meanwhile, I'm still interested in hearing from others who have ordered Fortte case for their Centro, or have used their cases in the past.
    When did you order your case, Micael? I ordered three on January 12th, and when I log into my account at Fortte, it still shows them as "In Production." I knew when I ordered them that it says it will take 3-4 weeks for custom ordered cases to be made; but... you always hope they are exaggerating.
    PM me if anyone is selling their black pen/stylus on the cheap.
  5.    #385  
    just fyi, I'm not knocking the quality at all. It is top notch. And I'm asking for a refund on the shipping too as the item was "techincally misrepresented....no mention of the plastic screen and the title said it came with the spring clip, not the removable swivel. Not being a jerk towards them, just stating it in my rma request. They also ticked me off because I called the guy late the following morning to add a second case, and he told me it shipped. So I had to put a separate order in. Turned out they both shipped at the same time 3 days later. So I paid for shipping twice when it should have been once. So I'm not too happy with them for that. Who knows...maybe I'll keep one. I don't pay for shipping, work does so that part doesn't bother me. I've sent back $5 items via fedex...haha. The vendor probably says, "what an *****", but they don't know.

Maybe I'll cut the threads off of the flap and stick a multidapt underneath the camera. After cutting out the screen of course. Ugh...always have to tinker...

Quote Originally Posted by user123455 View Post
    I also got the Krussel case (for $13 thanks to you !), and I like it. Even if you don't like it, I wouldn't return it, since it only cost $13 so considering the shipping cost and trouble to pack and send it, you're not going to gain much by returning it.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  6.    #386  
    just realized it's definitely going back. the case makes it impossible to use the headphone jack. The cutout comes right up to the edge of the jack and with the recess of it makes it nearly impossible to get my headest cord fully seated. Even though I have bluetooth, I still use the corded headset once in awhile and so does my coworker.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Finally someone sends something back they aren't satisfied with! I think the keyword here is ticked.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by star444 View Post
    When did you order your case, Micael? I ordered three on January 12th, and when I log into my account at Fortte, it still shows them as "In Production." I knew when I ordered them that it says it will take 3-4 weeks for custom ordered cases to be made; but... you always hope they are exaggerating.
    I ordered it last week, Thursday I think. And yes, I was hoping the same thing!

I'm really hoping the Cognac looks as sick in person as it does on the website, but I keep thinking about restaurant menus with those glossy images of their meals.... many times, that hamburger just doesn't look as good once it arrives at the table!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  9.    #390  
    I just hate being lied too. I'm usually very easy going and compliant until I get rubbed the wrong way. The ebay guy I bought the rubberized hard cases from is giving me a full refund and went back to their supplier about the crap quality of the first round of crystal cases. The newer ones with the designs (carbon fiber, zebra stripe, bubbles and such) are much better. He just got pink and red versions too, but the black is on backorder. And they even have belt clips for them now. The four holes in the back take four little gold screws and attach to a much nicer nubbin than on the really cheap cases. I'll link to it with pics when I get a moment.

And nice case Diane. Definitely has a little cache with those colors.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    Finally someone sends something back they aren't satisfied with! I think the keyword here is ticked.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I'm really hoping the Cognac looks as sick in person as it does on the website, but I keep thinking about restaurant menus with those glossy images of their meals.... many times, that hamburger just doesn't look as good once it arrives at the table!
    Cognac is the color I ordered for my son, and it definitely looks awesome on their website.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I just hate being lied too. I'm usually very easy going and compliant until I get rubbed the wrong way. The ebay guy I bought the rubberized hard cases from is giving me a full refund and went back to their supplier about the crap quality of the first round of crystal cases. The newer ones with the designs (carbon fiber, zebra stripe, bubbles and such) are much better. He just got pink and red versions too, but the black is on backorder. And they even have belt clips for them now. The four holes in the back take four little gold screws and attach to a much nicer nubbin than on the really cheap cases. I'll link to it with pics when I get a moment.
    Crogs,

The hard case ebay vendor you used was it enmobile?

I purchased the carbon case from them and sent 2 emails regarding when it was going to be shipped with no answer. Finally I get an email from paypal shipping that it shipped to 1/30/08. I ordered it on the 24th!

I was hoping it was going to come today. Now I will have to wait at least 2 mored days.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    Received my Palm Slip Pouch w/Lanyard yesterday.
    Whoa. Nice case! Fit and finish looks perfect!
    Whoa. Nice case! Fit and finish looks perfect!
    What's the point of putting a cellphone in a pouch when you have to get the cellphone out just to see who's calling ? and most likely by the time you do that, you already missed the call. I do agree it's a nice case, just useless unlikethe krussel leather form-fit case, which gives the same protection and let's you use the phone without removing it from the case.
    What's the point of putting a cellphone in a pouch when you have to get the cellphone out just to see who's calling ? and most likely by the time you do that, you already missed the call. I do agree it's a nice case, just useless unlikethe krussel leather form-fit case, which gives the same protection and let's you use the phone without removing it from the case.
    really? how long does it take you to lift the phone from a case? i haven't missed any calls ever since i got it.
    diane
    What's the point of putting a cellphone in a pouch when you have to get the cellphone out just to see who's calling ? and most likely by the time you do that, you already missed the call.
    lol...it doesn't take that long too pull a phone out of the case.

I don't think I have EVER missed a call because it took to long to pull my cellphone out of the case at my waist (well..I know I have had trouble when I was driving: the seat belt gets in the way)

I personally like pouches better...they tend to have a stronger connection to my belt. I once had a cell phone clip break just as I was entering an elevator (I got bumped)...my cell phone fell through the crack and down the elevator shaft. Luckily, I was able to retrieve it later and it still worked.

But to each their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by franko353 View Post
    lol...it doesn't take that long too pull a phone out of the case.

I don't think I have EVER missed a call because it took to long to pull my cellphone out of the case at my waist (well..I know I have had trouble when I was driving: the seat belt gets in the way)

I personally like pouches better...they tend to have a stronger connection to my belt. I once had a cell phone clip break just as I was entering an elevator (I got bumped)...my cell phone fell through the crack and down the elevator shaft. Luckily, I was able to retrieve it later and it still worked.

But to each their own.
    So I guess all the cell phone manufacturers were wrong to put an outside display on the flip phones, since it "doesnt take that long to open the flip and see who's calling"
  17.    #398  
    Lenny...yes, enmobile. I didn't pay attention to time. I never assume I'm going to get something quickly from those big mass sellers. I did just get my nice big bag of multidapts though and will pop one on the back of the carbon fiber case with a spring clip.

and cases are very personal. everyone has preferences. just because one person likes to carry it a certain way doesn't mean everyone does. and just because you can see it, doesn't mean it's wrong. what's the point of ranting back and forth about it? How many people put it in a skin case and then put it in a pouch or holster? quite a few. some carry it naked. some open in a holster. different strokes for different folks.

and for anyone getting the newer style crystal cases off of ebay, here is the removable swivel clip that is made to work with it. Looks pretty nice, and it's only $5 shipped. Removable Swivel Clip
    http://images.andale.com/f2/121/117/...ATCLIP_010.jpg
    Does anyone have this case? http://www.pdair.com/catalog/product...oducts_id=6792

I ordered a similar one from eBay which claimed to be designed for the Centro. Turns out it's basically a treo case, so the Centro fits, but the case is too big, IMHO.

I want to take advantage of the Centro's smaller size by having a tight, form-fitting smaller case. Is the PDAir that case?
  19.    #400  
    does it fit like it shows in the pictures? The pictures show it as an exact fit. If there is more play than that then return it. If they won't take it back and refund you for the item and shiping, then take it to paypal. Take a picture of your centro in the case and include it to paypal with the pics from their website. People don't complain enough when they buy stuff from ebay. They just toss it in a drawer and take it as a loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDogMike View Post
    Does anyone have this case? http://www.pdair.com/catalog/product...oducts_id=6792

I ordered a similar one from eBay which claimed to be designed for the Centro. Turns out it's basically a treo case, so the Centro fits, but the case is too big, IMHO.

I want to take advantage of the Centro's smaller size by having a tight, form-fitting smaller case. Is the PDAir that case?