Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Yes! I try to put links near the text. So which one should I get, the cheapest?
  2.    #362  
    I think the injection molded ones of the same design are most likely from the same mfg. The locking mechanisms seem the same at the top so I'd just go with the cheapest, hence the link.

off topic...my neighbor cornered me outside last night and talked my ear off for over a half hour. My hand that was holding my centro, keys and such started to freeze and my phone slipped right out bouncing on the driveway. The metal around the camera got dinged, but that was about it surprisingly enough. I need a keeper of a case and none of the newer ones I grabbed off of ebay are here yet.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  3.    #363  
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  4.    #364  
    I got that carbon fiber looking crystal case yesterday and it fits great. the keyboard and button area is wide open. access to the buttons and switches around the sides are easy. It locks together easily, and pulling out the top piece by the side button makes it easy to take apart.

If they make a rubberized version you could probably make a hybrid type case ala Seidio.

Whatever you do, avoid the crystal cases with the raised edges around the keyboard. the fit is way too tight, and it never stays snapped shut around the top right corner. I've had three different ones that were like that. I can take pics when I find some time. Will take pics of the krusell one when I get it, but the pics on the web I posted are pretty good.
    Just got my Krusell Cabriolet case from MobileCity (for $13.99 +S/H) -Ordered it via Amazon.com. It is a nice case, but I would probably prefer the Classic design if they made one. I think I'll put in a request with Krusell that they make one.

Notably, the Krusell Cabriolet case has plastic which covers and protects the screen, but does not cover the keyboard and hardkeys. Just for fun, I tired putting my Centro in the old Classic Case that I had for my 650 before I replaced it. I could type on the keyboard, but I noticed there were problems pressing the center "palm" button through the plastic without first getting an unintended response from the navigation ellipse. The center button is more deeply imbedded than previous center buttons making a plastic cover impractical, I think. But the Cabriolet case IMHO is worth it.

My experience with Krusell Classic cases is thusly:

1. About half the cases don't exactly fit the phone as they're supposed to. That is, slight molding problems keep the phone from fitting in the correct position, and it is annoying at least, and a complete hindrance at worst. The solution is to exchange it until you get one that fits.

2. The cases last me about 1 year. After that time, one of two things happens: a. The sewn-in clip on the back of the phone breaks or b. The plastic mold stretches or warps to the point that it makes constant contact with the touchscreen and prevents you from making precise touches on the screen. Additionally, the knob piece may break or you may lose the belt clip, but those are replaceable.

That said, as a very heavy user of my Treos, I have never asked Krusell to replace the cases; it's easier just to order a new case and carry on (pun intended).

The cases have been a lifesaver, and kept my Treos safe from my abuse over many years.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  6.    #366  
    The first thing I'll be doing is cutting out the plastic. I couldn't see the plastic on any of the pics and the statement of no added material made me think it didn't have plastic either. The Mobile City price is back up to $20.
    Ok, I've been away for a few daze. I just got the outtie holster on eBay for about $5 shipped. This is probably the best, cheapest Centro accessory you'll find. Now I can see the screen while on the holster and show off the phone. The phone locks and releases easily and its a perfect fit. Thanks Crogs!
  8.    #368  
    sweet. I forgot if I ordered it or not. I might have to now.
  9.    #369  
    wish I could merge or edit posts on the mobile version....but to add with a holster, the vinyl skins are a great add on purchase. They work with holsters and provide basic scratch protection that you can just cheaply replace over time. I kept my i500 pristine with a holster/vinyl skin combo.
    Yeah, I'm back to the BodyGuardz option on eBay since I'm looking for clear.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I got that carbon fiber looking crystal case yesterday and it fits great. the keyboard and button area is wide open. access to the buttons and switches around the sides are easy. It locks together easily, and pulling out the top piece by the side button makes it easy to take apart.

If they make a rubberized version you could probably make a hybrid type case ala Seidio.

Whatever you do, avoid the crystal cases with the raised edges around the keyboard. the fit is way too tight, and it never stays snapped shut around the top right corner. I've had three different ones that were like that. I can take pics when I find some time. Will take pics of the krusell one when I get it, but the pics on the web I posted are pretty good.
    Crogs,

How does the carbon case compare with the seidio rubberized case regarding thickness?

thanks,
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
  12.    #372  
    I wish I knew, but I don't plan on spending that much on one case. I have more fun trying different ones and pawning off the ones I don't want to my coworkers.
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyV View Post
    Crogs,

How does the carbon case compare with the seidio rubberized case regarding thickness?

thanks,
  13. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    I'd like to see a simple pocketable pouch, no Velcro (maybe a magnetic clasp), and no belt clip. So far, there are cases like that for any recent Treo; haven't yet seen one quite like that for the Centro, though. And I do mean a pouch, not a leave-in case.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I wish I knew, but I don't plan on spending that much on one case. I have more fun trying different ones and pawning off the ones I don't want to my coworkers.
    I agree. I cannot justify buying a $30.00 case for a $99.00 phone. I just ordered the carbon case for $8.80 shipped!
    Last edited by LennyV; 01/24/2008 at 09:20 PM.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Anyone know of a stylus/pen combo besides Seidio that might be better or cheaper? I don't see any on eBay yet.
  16.    #376  
    nope. And I'm returning the Krusell case. It just feels really bulky in the rear, and I don't like the flap that opens to expose the camera. Just more thickness to the rear. I'm buying some multidapts from ProClip and putting them on the hard case. Will probably buy a holster as well. I miss the simple solid color vinyl skins. Most of the designed type are just tacky. Plus the whole front is filled with screen and keyboard. What do I care what the back looks like. It's usually hidden anyway.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I'm wondering if anyone has ordered any of the Fortte cases?

I've ordered the Leather PDA Case Dual Design for Centro, and then customized it to be made in this COLOR. To me, it looks like a sweet case... but does it look as nice in person? Is it built as well as it looks?

Also, how long did it take you get receive your 'customized' case? They estimate 3-5 weeks on my order, but I'm hoping it won't take that long
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  18.    #378  
    looks like a baggy fit around the keyboard. I think some of the pdair cases look better in their fit and finish. I wish I could zoom their pic a little more, but I can't. Here's a pic of their open case. The keyboard area looks like I can just easily slide the bottom half of the case back. Not worth $30-40 IMHO.
    http://www.fortte.com/images/pda-cas...ce/portada.jpg
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    looks like a baggy fit around the keyboard. I think some of the pdair cases look better in their fit and finish. I wish I could zoom their pic a little more, but I can't. Here's a pic of their open case. The keyboard area looks like I can just easily slide the bottom half of the case back. Not worth $30-40 IMHO.
    Well your pic got me wondering so I googled Fortte reviews. One came up from Treocentral on Fortte's dual design for the Treo 680. Looks pretty fit and trim to me. I hope you're wrong in your accessment, and thats just shadows and not loose leather.

It would surprise me that it turns out to be that poor in quality. I'm finding people comments on other blogs that they preferred Fortte's $60 cases to Vaja's $100+ ones.

I'll definitely post my appraisal, once it gets here.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  20.    #380  
    I don't know much about them so all I am going off is the pics. I know people mentioned early on that the pouch type cases they touted were for the centro were big and not very fitted, though this is different altogether. I know I'm sending back cases I try at the moment. Half the fun (or frustration) is finding that new case that works perfectly for you. I'm getting a bunch of multidapts (shipped today) so will give the carbon fiber crystal case a go with a spring clip. Have the rubberized versions coming too. If I can snag a pdair open case on the cheap I'll try that.

The only other thing about the Forrte that bugged me was the rear seemed thick and bulky like the Krusell case did when I got it. Was too much added bulk for me. So it will be interesting to see your review of it and maybe some better pics.