Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Ok, I'm all confused. It doesn't look like Seidio or others will be making an outward facing, outtie holster anytime soon that will take a silicone or hard skin? Now I'm back to needing a skin with a belt clip. It looks like my choices are the silicone ones, simple pick a color or get the hard skin. In my case I decided to go with a clear rather than a color. Which one has the belt clip? Now it looks like there is a Sprint, Palm, Seidio and another I found on eBay. Which one has the belt clip and is one better than another?
    Btw, there are a lot more color options now for the hard skins on eBay. I don't remember if they have the belt clip or not but they have pale pink, lite pink, hot pink and a green besides the red, black and blue. Now that they're out I'm considering clear!
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    PM me the order #, I will check the status .

Seidio
    OK, sent
    Ok, one other thing, a bunch of this Centro stuff is on my mind! I was thinking since you need to pay Sirius for a cell phone plan, is there such a device that has BT on one end and a line in plug on the other? Sort of like those FM transmitters for the ipod for your car? That way I could play Sirius from the cell to the car stereo or music from the cell for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME50 View Post
    I wish I could/would get a reply from my email that ive sent regarding my order (black rubberized case)
    It was shipped on 12/14.

Seidio
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    It was shipped on 12/14.

Seidio
    Thanks for checking on that for me seidio
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME50 View Post
    Thanks for checking on that for me seidio
    Received the case today and i'd like to add..its a very nice, high quality form fitting case.
    So to anyone thats thinking of purchasing the Seidio rubberized case, I say go for it as its a top notch product for your Centro
    Here are my new accessories for my Centro:
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 12/20/2007 at 03:57 PM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    Here are my new accessories for my Centro:
    is there supposed to be pics with your post? i dont see them.
    diane
    Not sure if this has been posted yet, but they appear to have cradles with an extra charging slot in stock.

http://www.fommy.com/view-full-page....ro&skuno=80603
  11.    #331  
    alrighty....a little absent for a bit, but I just updated the main post with the...
    -new seidio cases
    -Muff's newly found cradle (I gave up on the China companies for bringing one over. they're just a pain to deal with.
    -PDAir's aluminum case that has my attention in black and silver as well as a wider selection of their leather cases in lots of colors. Say bye to Sena...haha.
    http://www.siemshop.com/ebay/image/i...PLCTB51pc1.jpghttp://www.siemshop.com/ebay/image/i...PLCTB51pc3.jpghttp://www.siemshop.com/ebay/image/i...PLCTB51pc7.jpg

Here's the aluminum case on ebay from an american seller for $21. Cheapest I've found and not from overseas.
    ProClip holder and holster aren't available yet. They did say they have a holster in the works, and as far as I know it will be a face out version. I'm sure everything happens slowly around the holidays as they said the 19th for the car holder and mid January for the holster.

Still not liking my Seidio silicone. It's too thin and pliable. I think I'm going for the PDAir aluminum in black. Have one of the cheap black crystal cases from ebay coming any day now. Will post pics of it. If I don't keep it (probably won't) one of my coworkers will take it. He hates the silicone too. It does the trick for now though. Definitely wouldn't have paid more than $10 for it. The hard cases look nice if you don't need a clip. Though I don't know why Seidio doesn't offer a simple belt clip version of the hard cases. The holster combo is just so bulky. Pretty easy to pop a krusell multidapt on the back though and use their spring clip. Makes for a very thin profile on the belt. I did that with the cheap 700p hard case that had a multidapt built in.
    Last edited by crogs571; 12/21/2007 at 11:50 PM.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.

Looks nice but I don't care for the "hinge" and the way it sticks out on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Though I don't know why Seidio doesn't offer a simple belt clip version of the hard cases.

I'm glad they don't offer a belt clip. I never use one and prefer the all smooth back as opposed to those cases with removable clips that either leave a nut or a hole in the rear of the case.
  13.    #333  
    I don't mind the hinge, especially if it makes getting it in and out a little easier if I go with the proclip holder and a cradle at some point. It's better than having stress cracks on my case
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    Looks nice but I don't care for the "hinge" and the way it sticks out on the side.

I think the key word was "offer". They don't have one with a clip option and some people do like belt clips and don't want things in their pockets. They can make a separate case, not modify the existing one to try and please both camps with a compromised design for the clipless crowd. Heck, they could just sell the stick on multidapts so you can convert the case to a clip one if you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    I'm glad they don't offer a belt clip. I never use one and prefer the all smooth back as opposed to those cases with removable clips that either leave a nut or a hole in the rear of the case.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I hate having stuff in my pockets so I prefer the Centro on a clip or holster. I don't see what the issue is with the nut unless you keep it in your pocket. I also don't like to carry around extra weight. Why would I want a big plastic holster or case to carry around especially for such a small, light weight phone? The Centro is a pocket phone. I also feel like the phone isn't protected in a holster so I'd need to get the BodyGuardz too. It looks like I'm going with a hard or silicone skin with the clip, that covers the protection, weight and bulkiness issues I have. I still have other issues!
  15.    #335  
    I think I'm redoing my efforts to get something from overseas. After seeing the current crop of plastic cases on ebay and Seidio's ones without a clip option, I finally heard from the mfg in China that makes cases and saw pics of the ones he wants to sell me. The one thing I don't like about the crystal cases on ebay is the plastic indents just below the end/send buttons with the edges coming right up to the edge of the keys. Seidio's case isn't like that, and the cases I want to get don't either. And they have the nubbin/clip option. Of course you can take the nubbin off so it's smoother, but that hole in the back will be slightly raised. That's the part the clipless people don't like. If they're not using a clip, they just want the back to be flat and smooth. I'll post pics in the next post of the one I think I'm finally going to be able to order. If it comes through, I might add in the cradle with spare charger. Think it looks a little nicer than the one that's posted, and I might be able to sell it cheaper, if I can actually afford to deal with their minimum order quantity. If I can buy 50 of them, I could probably stomach that. More, and I'm pushing it.
  16.    #336  
    So I had just given up on dealing with the Chinese mfg because it was just such a hassle. This one guy finally got back to me since they just finished making these. I'm looking at the detailed pics, and I like it quite a bit. Mainly, I like how they designed the keyboard area. The case is recessed around the keys a lot like the Sedio ones are and even more so around the send/end buttons showing off more of the brushed metal. The cutouts look very well placed and precise. Definitely a notch above the current crop of hard cases on ebay. And for those that want a clip, you have that option. The nub is removable. Here's some pics. Tell me what you think. And chimmer, I know you don't like it The clip looks nicer than the ebay ones too. A lot of the clips on the cheap cases are just as cheap. Not easy to disengage the phone because the spring action is horrible. These look a bit better.

http://www.4ustuff.com/product/it_pi.../2296_pic0.gifhttp://www.4ustuff.com/product/it_pi.../2296_pic6.gifhttp://www.4ustuff.com/product/it_pi.../2296_pic1.gifhttp://www.4ustuff.com/product/it_pi.../2296_pic3.gifhttp://www.4ustuff.com/product/it_pi.../2296_pic4.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    It looks like I'm going with a hard or silicone skin with the clip, that covers the protection, weight and bulkiness issues I have. I still have other issues!
    Beware of skins with clips! They don't work. Well, I can only comment on one of them. I have Boxwave's Flexiskin and the attached clip is a joke! The problem is, the skin is a stretchy, rubberlike material. When you attach the clip to the phone, the weight of the phone causes the rubber to stretch and the phone flops around like a fish out of water! Completely unusable in my opinion.

If you want an attached clip a hard case is the only option from what I've seen.
  18.    #338  
    silicones are horrible with clips. I found that out the hard way with my Sansa that would flop all over the place when I ran until it was finally flung apart. I ended up wrapping a rubber band around the clip and the player. Now I use the Sansa Clip and don't have that problem What a great little player.

Hard case is definitely the way to go with a play through skin type case on a clip.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    So I had just given up on dealing with the Chinese mfg because it was just such a hassle. This one guy finally got back to me since they just finished making these. I'm looking at the detailed pics, and I like it quite a bit.
    That looks pretty nice. While I found out that my black Centro isn't a good match for clear cases (too easy to see lint) this one looks manufactured well. The small hole in the back for the clip attachment isn't that bad but it would allow more lint to enter. It would be nice if they also offered a "clip-less" version.
    Thanks guys, those are good points. I guess I'm going back to a hard case and hope I don't drop it. I like this one a lot but the face doesn't look clear? I noticed, I could be wrong that this one is cut out around the back instead of just the holes. I didn't notice until now that the Centro back isn't flush! I'd get this one right away, I have to check to see if santa ordered one already.

Also, why are these called cases? Last time I checked a case is what you store your phone in and take out when you get a call? I call them a hard skin, not a skin or silcone skin, not to be confused with thick skinned.