Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    nice! what colors?
    diane
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Seidio plans to release Premium skin for Centro tomorrow (11/21). It does not have a belt clip.
    Damn....I just ordered a 3 pack stylus and some screen protectors. If I'd have known your premium skin was coming out, I would've waited.

Do you have any pics yet?
  3.    #223  
    They don't really have a ton of descriptive info on the cases. The leather ones actually have levels of quality, but the silicone was just listed as regular and non-toxic. Wonder if that's like choosing between regular and unleaded So as far as thicknesses and such, I have no clue. My goal is to get some answers and put an order in by the end of the week. When they come I'll take some pics, give my own thoughts and go from there. Mostly when I've seen differences in silicone it's been more design oriented than quality. The mold is what it is, and I'd bet there are probably only so many people making them regardless of what the companies want to tell you. I'm sure there's a basic cad design and just minor changes made for some company specific requests and so on. That's delving outside my area of expertise as i'm a bit removed from the PE fabricating world that I assume has some similarities. Probably closer to polystyrene manufacturing.

Anyway...here are some pics to give you an idea. Looks pretty much the same as the other pics you've seen. And yes that Centro is white. And no it's not a 500v. Just look at the screen and keyboard. Interesting, hmmm? And while you might want it completely flat on bottom, I'm not that opposed to the nub because if it does land on it's backside, that nub gives that camera area just a little more protection upon impact. As far as colors, I've seen black, white or clear, and orange (perfect for the black and halloween?). Haven't gotten an answer back, but I'm itchy and ready to order and start appeasing the masses on the cheap.
    http://www.jpshk.com/product/pic_index/RC-PM-TR500V.JPG
    http://www.jpshk.com/product/it_pic/.../1018_pic4.gif
    http://www.jpshk.com/product/it_pic/.../1018_pic7.gif
    http://www.jpshk.com/product/it_pic/.../1018_pic5.gif

And to stir the pot a bit....I'm looking into picking up some of these too.....
    http://4ustuff.com/product/it_pic/PD.../2216_pic0.gif
    And yes that's a spare battery charger. No I have no clue on cost yet. Can you believe this crap is out there collecting dust at the moment?

and the leather cases....kinda like them though I wish they had one without the flippies. Check out that white Centro in all it's splendor.
    http://www.jpshk.com/product/it_pic/.../1028_pic0.gif
    http://www.jpshk.com/product/it_pic/.../1027_pic3.gif
    http://www.jpshk.com/product/it_pic/.../1027_pic6.gif
    Last edited by crogs571; 11/20/2007 at 10:22 PM.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  4.    #224  
    guess who's got another auction....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-NEW-Palm-C...QQcmdZViewItem
    time to flood in those offers...
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    The mold is what it is, and I'd bet there are probably only so many people making them regardless of what the companies want to tell you. I'm sure there's a basic cad design and just minor changes made for some company specific requests and so on.
    Yes, that's identical to Boxwave's and Smartphone's. If you look just below the LED hole, there is a small rectangular indentation. What is that supposed to be for? A possible cutout for another model? Both Boxwave's and Smartphone's versions have that on them and since I see no purpose for them with the Centro, that's why I believe the same company is producing these and the vendor's are just stamping their names on them. Belt clip is also identical.

By the way, when I got mine from Boxwave, the sticker on the box said "500V". I was worried that they sent me the wrong one but it fits perfectly.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Lets find out more info on the white Centro! I want one!
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
  7.    #227  
    okay guys, I'm hoping to place an order thanksgiving morning as I won't be at the computer tonight. Here's a pic of colors for their skins. I'm probably going to take the plunge and order about 100-150 of them. As for colors, they didn't seem to offer all of the ones shown. What they mention are the clear white, clear black, solid black, clear pink and clear blue. I'd prefer the solid blue and solid pink to their clear versions, but I'm not sure if they're available.
    So essentially...
    Top row from the left: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
    Bottom row from the left: 2nd
    http://www.jpshk.com/product/it_pic/.../1014_pic0.gif
    Last edited by crogs571; 11/21/2007 at 09:55 AM.
  8.    #228  
    No clue about the extra cutout, yet EVERY case made has a cutout for the microSD which doesn't make sense because it's not accessible unless you take the case off. All the overseas companies list the 500v and Centro together. I emailed them to double check it was Centro specific.
    Quote Originally Posted by chimmer View Post
    Yes, that's identical to Boxwave's and Smartphone's. If you look just below the LED hole, there is a small rectangular indentation. What is that supposed to be for? A possible cutout for another model? Both Boxwave's and Smartphone's versions have that on them and since I see no purpose for them with the Centro, that's why I believe the same company is producing these and the vendor's are just stamping their names on them. Belt clip is also identical.

By the way, when I got mine from Boxwave, the sticker on the box said "500V". I was worried that they sent me the wrong one but it fits perfectly.
    I like their leather cases ... except for the f'in snap! What the heck people, they need magnets! Freakin stuff is too bulky - guess it's time to see what the Seidio case looks like, like I said earlier, might end up with a Sena ...
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

10.    #230  
    since I'm dominating the posts in here at the moment, I'll do just one more than create a thread for them separately so this doesn't get too off track.

Hoping that these will come in next week. My goal on here is to offer them for $15 shipped via 1st class and $18.50 shipped via Priority Mail. Tossing them on ebay, I'll have to charge a couple bucks for ebay's fees.
  11.    #231  
    I haven't found a nice Sena like skin case without the flaps yet. Still looking though. snaps are fine for the flapless cases, but no need on the flip type ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadpiratedoug View Post
    I like their leather cases ... except for the f'in snap! What the heck people, they need magnets! Freakin stuff is too bulky - guess it's time to see what the Seidio case looks like, like I said earlier, might end up with a Sena ...
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adz1966 View Post
    Does the BodyGlove have screen protection? It looks like the keys are exposed but there is something over the screen...
    Does anyone else find it awkward to use the Body Glove that does have a rather thick screen protective film when wanting to use the stylus? IMO, it makes using the touch screen pretty clunky and virtually unusable. Scrollbar is almost impossible to access. I'm 1/2 tempted to cut the protector screen out entirely.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by plio View Post
    I just got an OEM black leather case from ebay--it is being sold by a few sellers and I have NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST whatsoever, but here is the one I got:

http://tinyurl.com/3xdltn

I paid $3 + a few bucks for S&H and it came in 2 days!! It is really nice and, while not a "custom" fit per se, is a very nice fit, MUCH better than the crappy Fortte one (which was for the Treo 600 anyways). This one is very nice looking. I have ordered yet another from Ebay however ('cause I'm a spaz) which looks even cooler and i will report on that when I get it.

But, in sum, the one above is a nice, simple faux leather black case that fits the Centro just right. I'm OCD about this stuff and if it were any snugger in any dimension, it would literally take some breaking in for easy movement in and out.

And for 90% cheaper than the Fortte, I am delighted. (p.s. Fortte would NOT reimburse my S&H which, when all was said and done, was $12, more than this entire case + S&H ).
    Update II:

For all the leather pouch lovers out there...

So I got the other one from eBay, basically this one:
    http://tinyurl.com/2629b7

It is poopy. It's again a generic case that fits Treo 600/700 etc. It's just too darn big and I'm disappointed. But it was pretty darn cheap, like $3 + $4 for shipping, so no complaints. Easy come, easy go. So for now, the best leather holster that I have encountered seems to be the one I mentioned above. I'm using it daily and it is really sleek and nice. Just right!
    I've used the leather cases, the hard cases, the skins, but I always come back to the silicone cases. I like the color choice + the protection.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by maniaque View Post
    Does anyone else find it awkward to use the Body Glove that does have a rather thick screen protective film when wanting to use the stylus?
    I had problems with it at first and actually got used to it. I really liked the Body Glove but what ruined it for me was the amount of dust and lint that built up between the plastic screen and the phone's screen. I was using compressed air to blow it out frequently and figured that would be something I could live with but as soon as I got Boxwave's flexiskin, it reminded me of how nice the screen looked uncovered. I doubt I'd go back to the Body Glove at this point.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Does anyone else find it awkward to use the Body Glove that does have a rather thick screen protective film when wanting to use the stylus? IMO, it makes using the touch screen pretty clunky and virtually unusable. Scrollbar is almost impossible to access. I'm 1/2 tempted to cut the protector screen out entirely.
    I agree. It has taught me to use my five way better. The amount of dust buildup is horrible. I have trying to work up the guts to cut off the plastic but I don't have another case at this moment so I am hesitant. I am afraid it my make the case fit poorly.

The white around the outside of the screen is also getting dirty after 2 weeks use.

Other then that I like the case. It fits will and I like the rubbery leathery fell of the case.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I had my son use his exacto knife to remove the plastic screen cover, and I am very happy with it. It is very nice to see the screen again.

It did not ruin the fit. I read elsewhere that some guy removed both the screen covering, as well as the plastic that covers the silver keys, and that did mess up the fit.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by star444 View Post
    I had my son use his exacto knife to remove the plastic screen cover, and I am very happy with it. It is very nice to see the screen again.

It did not ruin the fit. I read elsewhere that some guy removed both the screen covering, as well as the plastic that covers the silver keys, and that did mess up the fit.
    cool i am gonna try it tomorrow
    Lenny

19.    #239  
    the sides do need some sort of lateral support to maintain shape. That's If the plastic extends far enough up above the keys, you could just leave a strip of plastic to maintain that support.
    Quote Originally Posted by star444 View Post

My Sena magnet flipper case arrived. It's a lovely color and it fits perfectly

Now I just need my replacement stylus...