Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    The funny thing is we will probably spend more money on cases then what we can spend buying a centro! I have been guilty of buying several different cases for each of my phones.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Anyone get a car charger yet? I'm looking at the one on eBay with the blue LED. It says it has the cut-off chip so it doesn't overcharge for under $10 including S/H. It says it works with the Centro and some other models. Should that one work?
  3. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I just bought the one at the Sprint Store. I don't trust 3rd party chargers and batteries.
    I used to feel that way too until I realized how there isn't a Palm car charger factory, in China probably. [Ok, you got me Sprint or Palm? ]
  5.    #205  
    Pretty much any Treo car charger will work with the centro. It's not like the sync cable. It's just power so it's pretty universal for all Palm phones.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    Anyone get a car charger yet? I'm looking at the one on eBay with the blue LED. It says it has the cut-off chip so it doesn't overcharge for under $10 including S/H. It says it works with the Centro and some other models. Should that one work?
    and I keep submitting offer after offer to the silicone guy. Each one for a penny more than the last
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I made a $15 offer to that ebay guy and he declined. I really don't think anyone should buy it for more than that including shipping.
    diane
  7.    #207  
    well submit another at 15.01 and just keep going in penny increments till the auction ends.

I actually emailed a few chinese suppliers to see if I could buy a bunch. I think I'd give people a better price and put a few dolars in my pocket instead of about $20 or so per case.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Last time I checked he sold 2. Who are the people here interfering with our bids? I want names.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    well submit another at 15.01 and just keep going in penny increments till the auction ends.

I actually emailed a few chinese suppliers to see if I could buy a bunch. I think I'd give people a better price and put a few dolars in my pocket instead of about $20 or so per case.
    We will see if he will bite for a penny more.

Let us know how the Chinese connection works out. I'm just surprised more interesting stuff for the Centro hasn't cropped up on Ebay yet. But we all know... it will.

As far as the charger goes, I always buy Ebay. Sprint accessory prices are just ridiculous for basically the same thing. I'd rather take my chances with a solid seller on Ebay than get robbed willingly. I got a Rapid Charger for my Centro there from Ebay and it works just fine.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    picked up a car charger at FRYS fro 5.99. Marked at 12.99 but it rang up at 5.99.

Picked up a treo 700 charger..which is the same.
  11.    #211  
    ok....trying to move forward with the silicone cases. haven't gotten their shipping charges to me yet, but I think I'll be able to do them for about $15-16 shipped. I'll see if I can wrap up the order sometime this week and go from there. I only saw black, so I inquired about other colors. They also had some flip leather cases. trying to get some samples of those.

I'll completely undercut the guy on ebay just out of spite. Just like with the ProClip stuff, I'm not out to get rich from this stuff. and if I can put the screws to someone milking customers....well the saying goes,"Pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered."

I'll post some pics of the cases when I get home.
    ok....trying to move forward with the silicone cases. haven't gotten their shipping charges to me yet, but I think I'll be able to do them for about $15-16 shipped. I'll see if I can wrap up the order sometime this week and go from there. I only saw black, so I inquired about other colors. They also had some flip leather cases. trying to get some samples of those.

I'll completely undercut the guy on ebay just out of spite. Just like with the ProClip stuff, I'm not out to get rich from this stuff. and if I can put the screws to someone milking customers....well the saying goes,"Pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered."

I'll post some pics of the cases when I get home.
    Sounds good to me, I will need pink though.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  13.    #213  
    That guys auction ended with 29 offers, and I don't think he had one sale. Think he started with seven and ended with seven. Hopefully I'll get a bunch soon and get people up and running a bit cheaper than the others.
  14.    #214  
    I thought pink silicone with a red phone would be too much unless I recall your previous post wrong when I mentioned the combo. Wouldn't Red with a white one give you more of a pink color?

Also...as I found out from searching around for these things, not all silicone is alike. They have "non-toxic" silicone and standard silicone. Guess that matters if your kid starts sucking on your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    Sounds good to me, I will need pink though.
    The guy started out with 10. I'm still amazed there isn't more stuff out there on eBay yet. The clear goes well with red, not black but that's MO. That's why I didn't get one yet, I think I'm going with blue, maybe green like my envy if I see someone with one.
    ok....trying to move forward with the silicone cases. haven't gotten their shipping charges to me yet, but I think I'll be able to do them for about $15-16 shipped.
    Will you get any of the ones with smooth backs instead of the belt clip version?
  17.    #217  
    they only showed the one with the clip. you'd have to deal with the slightly raised area the disc threads into. looking at other suppliers though. I'll see what I can find.
    they only showed the one with the clip. you'd have to deal with the slightly raised area the disc threads into. looking at other suppliers though. I'll see what I can find.
    I already have Boxwave's version. The nut on the rear isn't really a problem but I would prefer to have one without it.

I'm curious to see Seidio's version which hopefully will be out shortly.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts

Also...as I found out from searching around for these things, not all silicone is alike. They have "non-toxic" silicone and standard silicone. Guess that matters if your kid starts sucking on your phone.
    Crogs, give us the scoop on silicone cases. Are they all made by the same manufacturer?

Are they the same thickness?

Is that the two choices in rubber?

I have always wondered if all silicone cases were the same.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Seidio plans to release Premium skin for Centro tomorrow (11/21). It does not have a belt clip.

Seidio