1.    #1  
    Hey there, new user to the palm/treo/PDA type phones. I have the 680

Now i'm trying to get different ring tones, other than the generic ones that come in the ring tones/prefs.

I been trying to download some which were no prob on my old style phone as an mp3, was rather simple. Now if i DL a mp3 it puts it in the mp3 player when downloaded.

Then i tried to download the midi and poly ones that have no voice, just the Stephen hawken like music.

Please can any of you experienced guys or gals help me with this. I thought i would get it figured out in less than a week, but here i am still trying. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, TPA
    You will need 3rd party software, of which there are many options. Try freeware Minitones. Others will no doubt have other recommendations and there are many threads here on the subject.

http://www.freewarepalm.com/music/minitones.shtml
  3.    #3  
    Will it work with the 680 too? Did not see any 680 info on the homepage
    Minitones should work. Or you can get Ringo but you will have to pay for that and some say it causes some instability.
    thanks for the link...just downloaded it and it works like a charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpa79 View Post
    Will it work with the 680 too? Did not see any 680 info on the homepage
    Apparently so.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...37&postcount=6
    yes it will
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    You will need 3rd party software, of which there are many options. Try freeware Minitones. Others will no doubt have other recommendations and there are many threads here on the subject.

Yep, what he said. Absolutely wonderful. Tons of free clips all over the web too. I know they've tried, but the carriers must really hate that this is available. I love it for that reason alone.
    Patrick Horne
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post

MusicTones (freeware) seems to be the release version of MiniTones:
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...&prodid=132394
    SANDRO CAMPOS MANCINI
    Treo 680 Crimson GSM unlocked
    Transcend 8Gb Class 6 SDHC card
    iBlue SIRF-III Bluetooth GPS
    Try RingCare if you want a lightning FAST ringtone manager for your 680 that works with or without an SD Card. With RingCare, your 680 will begin ringing faster than ever on an incoming call if you install all of the components of RingCare.

Download RingCare Here

Jeff
    I created a few ringtones with Motorola Phone Tools and use them in the Motorola L2. I texted them to my Treo 680 but couldn't do anything with them.

I installed Ringcare and copied them to my phone. Problem is it keeps reseting my phone. I deleted Ringcare and it now works ok.

I installed Mini Tones and later Music Tones with the same results. I can find my ringtones with pTunes but not with mini tones or music tones. I don't have a SD card, do I have to have one for this to work ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot135pd View Post
    I installed Mini Tones and later Music Tones with the same results. I can find my ringtones with pTunes but not with mini tones or music tones. I don't have a SD card, do I have to have one for this to work ?
    Yes you do.
    Thanks. Is this a regular SD card like for cameras or is it something special ?

I have found Standard SD, Mini SD, Micro SD, SDhd, which one do I need ? I don't use my Treo to listen to music but would like to put pictures on it.
    Last edited by Pilot135pd; 11/05/2007 at 07:21 AM.
    I created a few ringtones with Motorola Phone Tools and use them in the Motorola L2. I texted them to my Treo 680 but couldn't do anything with them.

I installed Ringcare and copied them to my phone. Problem is it keeps reseting my phone. I deleted Ringcare and it now works ok.

What version of RingCare did you install? The resets have all been taken care of in the current release (2.31). If you were running the current release, please contact us ASAP so we can resolve this condition.

Jeff
    support @ GoTreoSoftware.com
    I used 2.31 that I downloaded this morning. I was told that it might be because I don't have an external SD Card installed. What it did was it found the file I had Texted to myself. I was able to copy it with Ringcare to my phone. I went to change the preferences and assign that ringtone and as soon as I did that it would reset my Treo.

After it rebooted I tried to just open my ringtone without even trying to assign it to anything and the Treo would reboot. I deleted the program but it still kept doing it until I deleted the other program of yours, the one that asked to eliminate the 1 for area code, etc.

As soon as I deleted your second program, the Treo hasn't had any more reset problems.

Any suggestions ?

Carlos
    I used 2.31 that I downloaded this morning. I was told that it might be because I don't have an external SD Card installed. What it did was it found the file I had Texted to myself. I was able to copy it with Ringcare to my phone. I went to change the preferences and assign that ringtone and as soon as I did that it would reset my Treo.

After it rebooted I tried to just open my ringtone without even trying to assign it to anything and the Treo would reboot. I deleted the program but it still kept doing it until I deleted the other program of yours, the one that asked to eliminate the 1 for area code, etc.

As soon as I deleted your second program, the Treo hasn't had any more reset problems.

Any suggestions ?

Carlos
    What other program? The "Helper" application called RingCareNumber.prc? I would appreciate it if you could send me your phone number so we could speak directly.

Jeff
    support @ GoTreoSoftware.com
    Jeff, I emailed you at support @ GoTreoSoftware.com with my number.

Carlos