1.    #1  
    I need a memory card for my 755p and I own a SanDisk Imagemate 12 in 1 card reader that does not support Mini SDHC but does support Mini SD. Is the SDHC worth buying a new reader just for that card or what would you do in this situation?
    If you really want 4GB of space, go for SDHC and get a new reader. It's really your only option (or use CardExport). If you don't need that much space, stick with regular mini SD
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  3.    #3  
    This pisses me off! The only reason I need a new card is because my 700p died after installing the software update and I got a new 755p in it's place, which of course died after 2 weeks, which was again replaced with another new 755p. So what's next the Micro SD after the 755p is replaced by Palm with the next smartphone and I have to buy yet another new card???
    Last edited by mnea; 10/05/2007 at 02:37 PM.
    Well you should have done research on which phone you were getting before you accepted it as a replacement. Everyone who got the 755p had to do the same thing. Im sure if you really wanted the 700p as the replacement sprint would have sent you one.
    If you ask real nicely, the rep could give you a courtesy credit on your next bill. I had the same thing happen to me when I was accepting the 755p after the MR debacle with my 700p.

They placed a $20 credit onto my account to appease my disappointment of having to buy a new memory card for the 755p. The net cost of replacing the card = $10. Not too bad, especially when all I did was ask.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 700p (Death by MR Update to 1.10) -> Treo 755p (Blue) -> Treo Pro with Sapphire Blue Innocase
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    If you really want 4GB of space, go for SDHC and get a new reader. It's really your only option (or use CardExport). If you don't need that much space, stick with regular mini SD
    What's the largest amount of space on the Mini SD cards that's compatible with the 755P?
    Mini SDHC is up to 4GB, and I believe the biggest you can get in a regular Mini SD is 2GB.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    I've tested it with the Toshiba (Class 4) 4gb SDCH Mini SD card. Not sure if it works with the 8gb SDCH Mini SDs.
    Personally, I'd suggest getting a microSD card with an adapter, the Centro shows that without a doubt Palm is moving to microSD, and personally I'm sick of having lots of cards that I no longer use.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820208293

$60 for a class 6 SDHC EIGHT GIG card. Tell me again why it was so imperitive for Palm to start switching around their previously stable flash card standards..? I wouldn't be surprised if SONY paid them off to make the next model one of the myrid of MemoryStick standards - Palm has little regard for how much trouble their goofing around causes for end users. I broke down and bought another 4GB MiniSDHC w/adapter for my camera so I can continue emailing pictures like I used to be able to. Got a pile of standard SD cards wasting space now - and if they go microSD then I'll add to that a pile of MiniSDs. What an unnecessary waste.

MicroSDHC is announced to have 16GB in a year or so, but I'd imagine that MiniSD will get there about the same time too. If Palm had just stuck solid to SD/SDHC then their devices could use ANY **SD** standard, with adapters (and drivers) if necessary, but sadly they are on the path to losing what little remains of the "Zen of Palm" (and people willing to endure this silliness).
    Last edited by Joad; 10/09/2007 at 02:22 PM.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Personally, I'd suggest getting a microSD card with an adapter, the Centro shows that without a doubt Palm is moving to microSD, and personally I'm sick of having lots of cards that I no longer use.
    That's a good idea. I just got a SERO plan and a 755p. I'm hoping the Centro will be available via SERO as well so I can get it for my wife. If I use a microSD now with an adapter I can later give it to my wife (Centro uses micro) and then use that as an excuse to get a bigger card for myself.