1.    #1  
    Ok, I have been using gmail and chatteremail for some time. No probelms until recently. It quits downloading my email as of April this year. I have checked and rechecked all my gmail and chatteremail settings. I have uninstalled and re-installed the software. It does it for my phone and my wife's treo 755p. Weird. I have tried the forum at chatteremail and they have not been able to solve it. Please help!!
    if everything is correct and you have POP enabled, try putting

recent: infront of your name.

Ben
    the recent: thing worked for me...
  4.    #4  
    I am not sure where you want me to put the word recent? where in gmail??? thanks for trying to help me!
    In the account definition screen, login name: recent:your email address minus the .gmail ------ recent:dogfood
    \
    Ben
  6.    #6  
    that worked! Thanks! Now how do I get my older mail? I already checked the box on chatteremail to get older mail, but it is only retrieving the last month's worth. thanks im advance!
    There is a setting on the gMail site: Settings - Forwarding & POP - enable forwarding then the 1st option.

Ben
  8.    #8  
    I did that and it still only sends the last month of mail. Any other thoughts?