1.    #1  
    I am using an unlocked treo 680 on t-mobile.
    What steps do i need to take to use youtube on the phone. Thanks
    I don't do it personally, but I believe that the latest version of the media player called Kinoma will do it. The prob on T-Mob GSM is going to be the 680s dependence on EDGE and prohibition against WiFi. Aren't we in 2007 yet?
    Patrick Horne
    do you have hair?
    do you like your hair?

you tube on edge speed is a hair pulling experience.

kinoma does do you tube videos, but i dont think you need to do it via the kinoma player, not via your browser.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    This is what I get when I use Kinoma Player and am trying to access Youtube.

Cannot Play
    "www.youtube.com" cannot be played. It may be an unsupported formate, Incompatible with this handheld, or an invalid file.
    Quote Originally Posted by light3944 View Post
    Cannot Play
    "www.youtube.com" cannot be played. It may be an unsupported formate, Incompatible with this handheld, or an invalid file.
    That's a web page, so you need to use Web (Browser). Unfortunately, www.youtube.com isn't a mobile-aware site and so doesn't work well in Web.

However, you can enter the web page to any specific YouTube video in Kinoma Player's Open URL dialog. From that, it can discover the URL to the video itself.

There's a few other ways to discover and watch YouTube video with Kinoma Player. The Kinoma blog is a good source of information on this, and you can get help in our forum as well.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks