1.    #1  
    I have a friend in love with my treo, who has a regular phone through Sprint. What would it cost her to purchase a 755p?

Any tips on doing this?
    the cheapest u can get without a contract is to look on ebay.. or why doesnt she wait for the centro, lol

maybe if her plan permits , add a line of service to her account, then she will get phone discounted and only have to pay $10 more a month for that add on line, then once u get phone, swap ESN numbers, so put her old phone on the new number and the centro or the treo 755 on the old number and u are set, if she doesnt care about changing her number then cancel the old number once the contract is up and keep the new line going forward
  3.    #3  
    I've heard ebay phones are often stolen and locked. With Sprint I know you have to be real careful where you purchase the phone. All I've heard is rumors, not solid facts about all this. I'm interested to know more about buying phones other than from Sprint.

I think another line is WAY more than $10.00. The data plan alone is $15.00 per phone, right? She is tacked on her sister's bill. She has the data plan, but can barely use it as her phone is so limited. The best bet is to just take the hit of buying a phone, since the number is all set up to handle a treo, and provided to her for free.

She wants the 755p since I am so familiar with it and she is a total baby to pdas and pretty limited in basic computer skills. She had pretty severe ADD and will need a lot of software installed to hep her get organized to start school. I'm going to have to be her phone maintence gal and I am having enough trouble learning the 755p, vista and office 2007 right now. The idea of throwing a centro in the mix :-) Are you crazy?!!!!! :-) Shoot me or hang me, or better yet, both. Can you imagine the bugs and incompatibility issues that must be on that thing????
    If u buy one off ebay , ask for ESN number.. then call sprint and tell them u woul dlike to check on ESN on a phone that u are looking to buy, and they will check for u with no problems, i did a few times.

talk to csr service and see if there is anything they can do for u to upgrade your phone, might be able to give u 75 or even 150 off retail...i would never pay retail for a phone
    Just to add my 2 cents on ebay.. I've bought 2 700p's through ebay (one for wife and one for my mom) and had bought a 650 and a older samsung phone all in working order. Just keep an eye at their feedback and see what they have been selling recently (also make sure their feedback in above 98%) then make your decision. I still think ebay is a great place for cell phones.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    talk to csr service and see if there is anything they can do for u to upgrade your phone, might be able to give u 75 or even 150 off retail...i would never pay retail for a phone
    We spoke to them a few months ago about a 700p and they wouldn't budge and believe me I was pushy. Managers were called in and phone calls made to I don't know where.

The point really is...will I receive enough upgrade in quality of life to justify this purchase?

For me, with my memory loss issues, my case workers and I, wouldn't blink at shelling out $2,000.00 for a pda phone if that's the only way we could get one for me. Most of us have shelled out $2,000.00 in the past for an MRI for a family member. Same thing.

For this young lady, it has reached the point, that $500.00, is worth the upgrade in the quality of her life. If she can get herself organized she will be able to be more productive and useful to others as well as herself.

Now for people using these as toys...yeah...they probaly shouldn't be purchasing them at retail :-0 This isn't the case with my friend.

Thank you all for your ebay tips!
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    wildcatter I have a extra NIB treo 755 blue PM if you're interested.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
  8.    #8  
    What is a NIB treo 755 blue PM?

Forgive my ignorance!

Is it a Sprint 755p?
    NIB = NEW IN BOX

I think sprint is the only one with the treo 755 right now

PM= private message him
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    thanks italiangspot
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
  11.    #11  
    What about insurance?

Do you have to buy the phone from sprint to be able to purchase the insurance?
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    What about insurance?

Do you have to buy the phone from sprint to be able to purchase the insurance?
    No you can still get Sprint insurance up to 30 days of an esn swap

Add insurance when you activate the treo on your friends account SO YOU DONT FORGET AND YOU HAVE COVERAGE ASAP....then either call back or look at the first bill to verify insurance is on er account because after 30 days you can not get insurance
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    the cheapest u can get without a contract is to look on ebay.. or why doesnt she wait for the centro, lol

maybe if her plan permits , add a line of service to her account, then she will get phone discounted and only have to pay $10 more a month for that add on line, then once u get phone, swap ESN numbers, so put her old phone on the new number and the centro or the treo 755 on the old number and u are set, if she doesnt care about changing her number then cancel the old number once the contract is up and keep the new line going forward
    I've done this before and it worked like a charm. For it to only cost $10 you have to add the new line as a "shared line", meaning both her old phone and new phone share the same minutes, but have different phone numbers.

The first month is more expensive because you usually have to have the data package on the new line when you buy a treo. She'll have to wait 1 month from the date of purchase to swap the phones otherwise the discount will be charged back to her account.

After you swap them, she can then drop the vision coverage on the new line of service and it will only cost $10 per month. Then you can add the insurance as a new phone was just placed on her original line.

Sorry if that's confusing. It sounds like there is a lot to it, but it's worth the discount.
    I'll sell her mine once the centro comes out. got all original packaging and a 2 gb mini sd too. it 4 months old. like new.
  15.    #15  
    Thank you all for the advice! My friend and I have a lot to talk about and think about. You all have the best ideas :-)
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I have one for sale at 300. It was used for 4 hours. comes with everything brand new and is in mint condition. only used for 4 hours until I found out I like the wm devices better.
    Quote Originally Posted by remlle View Post
    I have one for sale at 300. It was used for 4 hours. comes with everything brand new and is in mint condition. only used for 4 hours until I found out I like the wm devices better.
    u have 15 days to try the phone out.. why didnt u return to sprint, why are u stuck with it after 4 hours of use?
  18.    #18  
    My friend purchased the 755p today at full retail. Costly but at least it's fully insured, and still on her sister's plan. It cost what it cost :-0 We talked about it since I got my phone in May. It wasn't a quick decision.

Thank you all for the advice and offers to buy. We just got scared and took the safest feeling route.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I bought mine off of ebay (brand new)and had no problems activating it on my account and added insurance to it with no problems.