Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if there is a fee to use Good's API? Also, does anyone know were to find the documentation for the API?

Thanks
    Matthew.
    We asked some time ago and Good doesn't make their APIs secure by not accessible to 3rd party applications. This is a good thing for security but obviously frustrating for developers or system integrators who want to add addition functionality to the devices especially custom enterprise integration.

Good did break away a little bit from this with 5.0 by copying contacts from GMM Contacts to native Contacts which allows voice dialing.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, the transfer of Good contacts to native contacts is only available with Windows Mobile devices and NOT PalmOS devices.
    It's rumored that they are working on a beta to fix this.

Not clear whether they are able to sync from GMM to native.

I think, more likely, they will bridge so that the built-in programs have access GMM contacts.

I guess time will show.

In the meantime, the way to sync you outlook contacts is to use Palm Desktop.
    Quote Originally Posted by mstorman View Post
    Unfortunately, the transfer of Good contacts to native contacts is only available with Windows Mobile devices and NOT PalmOS devices.
    Are you certain? Update - see other threads from multiple people some 3rd party apps can tap into Good Contacts on PalmOS but its not a two way sync as I thought it was. Been awhile since I was running PalmOS
    Last edited by eVader; 10/11/2007 at 08:50 PM.