Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I want to get a new housing as the 650 is getting passed on to my wife. Its pretty beat up so I looked up on ebay and saw the below

http://cgi.ebay.com/PalmOne-TREO-650...QQcmdZViewItem

Its a black tie edition 650 housing. Has anyone bought this before or used this store? Also will this work iwth a gsm 650???

What do you think.. the price is not bad.
    I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this housing. I've never liked my Cingular housing, plus it's kinda beat. I"ll let you know how it goes if you don't get one by the time I do.
  3.    #3  
    any other members that not their first post haev an opinion on this housing???
    Quote Originally Posted by rflores2323 View Post
    any other members that not their first post haev an opinion on this housing???
    Wow, my first post and already someone is insinuating I have nothing valuable to add to a discussion simply becasue I have never posted anything before. Nice. I guess that must mean I am a total newb who just ordered my Treo today and becasue I have never posted anything here, I couldn't possibly be as knowledgable about anything involvong my shiny new "toy" as any of you 100 + posters. I guess there's no need to get to post number 3.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordcloud View Post
    Wow, my first post and already someone is insinuating I have nothing valuable to add to a discussion simply becasue I have never posted anything before. Nice. I guess that must mean I am a total newb who just ordered my Treo today and becasue I have never posted anything here, I couldn't possibly be as knowledgable about anything involvong my shiny new "toy" as any of you 100 + posters. I guess there's no need to get to post number 3.
    and this post reflects that you now have two posts that have not been helpful.... let me know as I do want to buy it... I am trying to get some feedback from someone that has bought from this company before or has bought something similiar so that I can get soe product knowledge before shelling out the $ for it. I never said you were not knowledgable and you might know the world about palm os and the treo etc.. however in my original post I put "Has anyone bought this before or used this store? Also will this work iwth a gsm 650???" and you did not answer neither.

no worries..
    and this post reflects that you now have two posts that have not been helpful.... let me know as I do want to buy it... I am trying to get some feedback from someone that has bought from this company before or has bought something similiar so that I can get soe product knowledge before shelling out the $ for it. I never said you were not knowledgable and you might know the world about palm os and the treo etc.. however in my original post I put "Has anyone bought this before or used this store? Also will this work iwth a gsm 650???" and you did not answer neither.

no worries..

Well now I will have three completely usless posts under my belt. I know you asked a question that I did not respond to, but I was just letting you know that I was planning on purchasing one and I will be more than happy to let you know how it goes when I get mine. You can rest assured that after this third wasteful post, every post henceforth will contain only useful information that directly pertains to the question posed by the OP. I do apologize good sir.
    Okay, I'll add something insightful. If that housing is the same as the picture in that listing, I don't think its an authentic black tie housing.
    Compare the real black tie
    http://pocketables.typepad.com/photo...eodsc01223.jpg http://pocketables.typepad.com/photo...eodsc01226.jpg

And the ebay housing
    http://i13.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/b8/b3/113c_1.JPG

The difference in the palmOne/palm logo on the front and Palm Powered on the back is what I see. I've also seen other housings on ebay that had a little "Celebrating 10 Years" mark on the battery door. These housings do look great though, and the rubberised paint would be helpful. I need one for a CDMA phone though--not sure if the GSM one will fit (and if it does, I'll have an open SIM slot on the top).
    Yeah, judging by the pics it's look like a GSM case and it looks to be non authentic, but still a very very cool case.
  9.    #9  
    LordCloud, did you order it???
    Well that is not an OEM housing, but if it works, might be one to try.

Getting an OEM housing is hard. Tell Palm tech support that you want to buy a part, and they transfer you from the phillipines to the US based sales center, and they CAN'T sell parts like that, and they transfer you BACK to tech support, who you have to explain SLOWLY what you need. Some places sell used housings, grading them on wear and tear.

Non OEM is still not bad, the only thing is to make sure you get it from a reputable someone, paying more for quality than cheap. I think tech sells them for like 50 bucks. well worth it to make it look new.
    Handhelds
    Zire 31-> Zire 72s-> T|X

Phones:
    Nokia 5160-> Nokia 3100-> Nokia 3220-> Treo 650 Unlocked(modded ROM)-> Treo 680 Unlocked(modded ROM #8 within 15 minutes of receiving the box)-> Treo Pro(hacked as well)
    LordCloud, did you order it???

Yup, ordered it Friday afternoon. I'm anxious to get it, and as soon as I do, i'll be letting you guys know how it looks, fits, the whole nine.
  12.    #12  
    any update?
    Quote Originally Posted by pip11 View Post
    The difference in the palmOne/palm logo on the front and Palm Powered on the back is what I see. I've also seen other housings on ebay that had a little "Celebrating 10 Years" mark on the battery door.
    We have two Black Ties - nothing at all on the battery box.

The "10 years" is on the packaging.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnacraft View Post
    We have two Black Ties - nothing at all on the battery box.
    This auction is what I was talking about. The completely black front face obviously makes it an aftermarket housing though it has the correct "palm" logo on the front (and the incorrect but neat 10year logo on the back):http://www.lyqsh.com/source/image/DSCN8651.jpg
    So does anyone have either 1 of these housings? Really thinking about buying 1 if the quality isn't too bad...
  16.    #16  
    that is what I wanted to know in my first post. hopefully someone can give us some feedbck if its ok quality or cheapo.
    I have one on it's way to me. I'll try to post when I get it.
    Mine is on the way as well, they say it takes about two weeks, one week has passed. I wish I would have waited and got the all black one though, it looks really nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip11 View Post
    This auction is what I was talking about. The completely black front face obviously makes it an aftermarket housing though it has the correct "palm" logo on the front (and the incorrect but neat 10year logo on the back):http://www.lyqsh.com/source/image/DSCN8651.jpg
    Also, the keyboard appears to be blue/white like "regular" Treos. It's black/white on the Black Tie.
    Hey Zoti, I wonder how your black shorty antenna would look on this... I've always wanted a real black tie case w/ 1 or your antennas, if this case is any good I'm gonna be a happy camper, even though I'll have to buy another antenna...lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast