Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    So I got my new Transcend card today but I have a question for you experts out there:

Do I have to reformat it or is that a process of the past that was pre-MR?

Thanks!!

SMEGGIE
    I'd format it and check the drive for errors before I used it.

I see the 16GB cards are again available on Newegg.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Thanks. I went with no format and it works like a champ!!!

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    I never formatted mine, just stuck it in the USB card reader I got with it and copied a backup from my original SD card to the new card. Everything seems to be working except that Initiate 3.24 has a problem scanning the card without crashing. It could perhaps be the formatting problem, but otherwise, everything else is working.

When I get a chance, I'll format it properly and restore the backup file to see if that fixes the problem.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Let us know your experience with it...

SMEGGIE, was your new card an 8 or 16GB card?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raul View Post
    Let us know your experience with it...

SMEGGIE, was your new card an 8 or 16GB card?
    Mine's an 8 - but if I can get this kind of performance out of a 16, I'll be going that route very soon.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

Hello All,

I've purchase and received the Patriot 16Gb Sdhc card today. Everything is working correctly with one minor problem. Card info wasn't able to format the card. Beside that, everything is working great. I performed a format via a sdhc card reader.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    It sure seems like I'll never run out of memory. No worries either.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Okay, found a new issue with these cards. I believe it is the same with the 8GB cards once you fill the card half way up, the Treo won't see the other half of the card unless you use the computer to fill it past the half way mark. Then the Treo can see the other half of the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby View Post
    Okay, found a new issue with these cards. I believe it is the same with the 8GB cards once you fill the card half way up, the Treo won't see the other half of the card unless you use the computer to fill it past the half way mark. Then the Treo can see the other half of the card.
    Haven't experienced this with my 8GB Transcend. It's got well over 4GB of files on it now. I used CardReader to copy the files over, I wonder if that's the difference?

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Well I should change that, it is not half it seems to every 4GB. I don't know what it is but at every 4GB it won't access the rest of the card until you go over the 4GB mark at each 4GB mark. I think it has to do with how much memory the palm OS can access at a time. The only work around I've found is to put another file on the card using the computer. It would not take more pictures or download another book until I did that.
    If the apps access the treo's memory free function, it probably tells them there's only a few bytes left as you near the end of the first 4GB. They in turn prevent you from saving anything to the card at that point. I know BackupMan is not one of those apps. I was showing 12M free on the card, performed a backup, now menu-I (from App launcher) says there's 3.9G of 3.5G free. LOL.

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I had an issue on a recent trip with my 8GB Transcend card. Magically, some of the folders I had created on the card, like an audio folder and all of my pictures...vanished. Fortunately, I had backups on my PC at home but what a drag. I wonder what caused this 'magical' event?

Any ideas??

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    I had an issue on a recent trip with my 8GB Transcend card. Magically, some of the folders I had created on the card, like an audio folder and all of my pictures...vanished. Fortunately, I had backups on my PC at home but what a drag. I wonder what caused this 'magical' event?

Any ideas??

SMEGGIE

Did you hotsync while you were on your trip?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby View Post
    Did you hotsync while you were on your trip?
    Nope.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

Did you try removing and reseating the SD card? This has proven useful when the Treo seems to "forget" it has an SD card inserted.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Hmmm. I know this is not a 680 forum, but I just got a Patriot 16GB SDHC card and can't get my 680 to see it. I had an 8 GB card and it saw it just fine. I know others have had a formatting issue with their 16 Gb cards, what did you use to format your cards that worked?

I tried formatting in windows with a card reader. It formatted just fine, Treo won't see it. Tried with an HP Usb format utility, Treo won't see it.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. IN ANYONE else using a 680 AND 16 GB card?
    Last edited by mlumb; 11/05/2007 at 02:30 PM.
    Hi guys,

I purchased the 16GB Patriot card. My computer recognized it and saw the 16GB space. Then I decided to format the card before using (not a good idea for someone who is not an expert, apparently). I used the following line:

format D: /FS:FAT32 /a:32K

After this, my computer recognizes the card as a 3.3GB card. Can somebody help me to find the right formatting options to get the 16 GB back?

Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlumb View Post
    Hmmm. I know this is not a 680 forum, but I just got a Patriot 16GB SDHC card and can't get my 680 to see it. I had an 8 GB card and it saw it just fine. I know others have had a formatting issue with their 16 Gb cards, what did you use to format your cards that worked?

I tried formatting in windows with a card reader. It formatted just fine, Treo won't see it. Tried with an HP Usb format utility, Treo won't see it.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. IN ANYONE else using a 680 AND 16 GB card?
    I was getting ready to buy a 16BG card for my 680 when I saw your post. Any luck getting this card to work on your 680?

I am a fan of A-Data cards because there have been very good in replacing their product when I had a problem. My current 8GB A-data card (selling for $50) has been trouble free. I also like A-Data's price points.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I was getting ready to buy a 16BG card for my 680 when I saw your post. Any luck getting this card to work on your 680?

I am a fan of A-Data cards because there have been very good in replacing their product when I had a problem. My current 8GB A-data card (selling for $50) has been trouble free. I also like A-Data's price points.
    you can get the 8GB Adata class 6 card from newegg for approx $35 after rebate shipped right now (I bought 2 this morning)
    try format D: /FS:FAT32 /a:16K /q
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast