Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.geardiary.com/wp-content/...m_foleo_05.jpg

This was posted over at geardiary along with pics of an unboxed Foleo.

http://www.geardiary.com/2007/10/03/...as-palm-foleo/ (Link to original post at geardiary)
    Last edited by untouchablez; 10/04/2007 at 12:47 AM.
    The article states that it's a Treo 500, but the photo clearly shows "My Centro" as the first icon.

Here's the link again for the article as I couldn't get yours to work.
    http://www.geardiary.com/2007/10/03/...as-palm-foleo/
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the link to the full article as I was posting from my treo.
  4. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    My bro's gonna flip when he sees this. He was really bummed that it was a Sprint exclusive. He's on at&t.
    So far I have not been able to find another picture or online mention of a Centro/Treo 500P - which makes me think that this may be a first mention/sighting.
    No its not the first, the first was a sighting of the Treo 500/Centro on Orange France some weeks back.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    sorry, meant to imply first pic of such a device appearing to be readied for a US carrier other than Sprint. There have been tons of shots of the device for the overseas launch and Sprint. My bad.
  8. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    So, any guesses on release date for this device?
    If they make this in a slick color... I'm doomed to upgrade my wife's 680 for this, for sure!
    What about stinkin Verizon??! We still only have the 700's!
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112 View Post
    lol poor verizon.
    diane
    Push to talk? Is that new for a Treo device?
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Push to talk? Is that new for a Treo device?
    I think that it is in the US - but IIRC the 500v may have it in Europe. Or perhaps a previous treo outside the US did it.
    Do you think they will make the PTT available for a 680 or would that be too difficult? I would like to get PTT for all my employees, but I like my 680 too much to sacrifice the 680 just to get PTT. And if ATT does offer it, would that be a downloadable program or would it require a firmware update?
    jb
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    Quote Originally Posted by jbonnot03 View Post
    Do you think they will make the PTT available for a 680 or would that be too difficult? I would like to get PTT for all my employees, but I like my 680 too much to sacrifice the 680 just to get PTT. And if ATT does offer it, would that be a downloadable program or would it require a firmware update?
    There is a company called HipVoice who posted at Brighthand a bit ago about any who would be interested in a PTT service. I also know that there has been some push from Cingy to get PTT on both the 650 and 680, but to date neither has happened.

My guess is that it would be a downloadable program, and probably part of a firmware update on the ATT side. As for other PalmOS devices, I am guessing that it would need to be 3rd party and carrier supported.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112 View Post
    Verizon is still sitting on "It's The Network" and not releasing phones, hoping their network and high priced data plans will holdem. I'm jumping ship to Sprint and I'm going to enjoy the Centro. How long till VZW gets the 755P? Now the Centro is coming out and VZW still has nothing to offer, wait I forgot about the 700p.
  17. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    I thought the AT&T network was really bad.... one of the main reasons the iphone isn't what it could be.

Is this correct? Is AT%T bad?
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Q~ View Post
    I thought the AT&T network was really bad.... one of the main reasons the iphone isn't what it could be.

Is this correct? Is AT%T bad?
    Well, I switched from Sprint to AT&T, and I live in the Phoenix, AZ region, and everything has been better for me ever since. However, I read that some people have trouble with AT&T. From everything I read, Verizon is far and away the best company in terms of reception everywhere/lack of dropped calls. Aside from that, I think it's best to do the 30 day trial with any other company and see if you don't drop any calls.

Now I'm rocking an iPhone, and I really dig it, but I certainly would have considered a Centro if that had been out at the same time for AT&T.
    Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    I recently switched from Verizon to AT&T and so far I haven't noticed much difference in coverage or reliability, if anything AT&T has been a little better inside my residence. I live in the middle of suburbia, though, in a city center or out in the wide open spaces your mileage may vary.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast