1.    #1  
    I am hoping someone can help me out here.

I upgraded to 5.0 a few days ago when my IT dept. pushed it out to me. One of the features I read about and have discussed in this Goodlink section is the use of the native contacts instead of GMM creating its own--or so I thought. When I was running 4.9 somehow all of my Good contacts would be searchable from my today screen (I could be wrong but at least some of them were for sure).

After I upgraded to 5.0 a number of my contacts that show up on the today screen have been duplicated AND the vast majority of them are no longer there anymore. Now when I get a call from somebody the caller ID only shows the phone number and not the contacts name and phone type anymore--even though it is part of my Good database. This is very frustrating because with 4.9 I could have sworn any call I received that was for a contact in my Good database would display the name in the caller ID box (in both WM5 and WM6) but now I only get the number.

Any ideas out there? I would like to know if there is a way to erase all the native contacts and then somehow dump all the GMM contacts in (as I thought was supposed to happen). I can't find the file that contains all the contacts for my Treo. My GMM database is perfect with no duplicates and all contacts accounted for.

Thanks in advance!
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  2. WDW
    It sounds like Good has re-introduced a problem I was having back with a 4.8 or early 4.9 version (I can't remember which). I documented the duplicate contact issue in this post. But I never received any replies so I let it go. During that time I also received the issue where caller ID was not picking up people that I definately had in both my GMM database and my Outlook DB (which I synched almost daily). So I knew I had the person as a contact, but it would come up as Unknown Caller. I no longer have this issue with the later 4.9 version. This sounds similar in some ways to your current problem Dsol.
    Treo 750 - ATT branded
    Version: TREO750-2.25-ATT
    WM6 Prof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    I am hoping someone can help me out here.

I upgraded to 5.0 a few days ago when my IT dept. pushed it out to me. One of the features I read about and have discussed in this Goodlink section is the use of the native contacts instead of GMM creating its own--or so I thought. When I was running 4.9 somehow all of my Good contacts would be searchable from my today screen (I could be wrong but at least some of them were for sure).

After I upgraded to 5.0 a number of my contacts that show up on the today screen have been duplicated AND the vast majority of them are no longer there anymore. Now when I get a call from somebody the caller ID only shows the phone number and not the contacts name and phone type anymore--even though it is part of my Good database. This is very frustrating because with 4.9 I could have sworn any call I received that was for a contact in my Good database would display the name in the caller ID box (in both WM5 and WM6) but now I only get the number.

Any ideas out there? I would like to know if there is a way to erase all the native contacts and then somehow dump all the GMM contacts in (as I thought was supposed to happen). I can't find the file that contains all the contacts for my Treo. My GMM database is perfect with no duplicates and all contacts accounted for.

Thanks in advance!

Device and OS? I am assuming 750 with WM6, but could be wrong. My native contacts auto-populated with my Good/Exchange contacts with no dupes. Interesting.
    Before we go with WDW's theory of the pre-existing bug (where some units would lose their today lookup + lack of caller ID)

Dsol, I am guessing you are still running with an upgrade, instead of a clean install?

From what I recall, you were running 4.9.3.x + had contacts populated. Then you upgraded to 5.0?
  5. WDW
    What do you mean by a clean install? Does this require the ol' hard reset? Does Good recommend a hard reset before installing 5.0? Or simply uninstalling 4.9 before getting the upgrade?
    Treo 750 - ATT branded
    WM6 Prof.
  6.    #6  
    Yes I am running WM6 and a 750. Also, I did not do a clean install. My admin just pushed out the new version and I got a message asking if I wanted to install. I would assume that an uninstall/re-install was not necessary because of the way it was delivered.

Also, I have noticed that it seems that more of my Good contacts make their way into the today contacts. I have no idea how or why this might be happening.

Thanks
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    I think most of the reports (aberrant behavior, contacts not populating, etc) might be attributed to doing and upgrade vs a clean install.

During my beta testing, every install was done on a clean install (hard reset).

For my org, we are requiring that people perform a hard reset before installing 5.0
  8.    #8  
    Sounds like I should at least uninstall and then reinstall 5.0. Then I guess if that does not work I can always do a hard reset and try again. I hate having to hard reset and reinstall 3rd party apps with authorization codes, etc. Thanks Darthkim.

GoodGuy, can you check with your resources and see if anyone else has reported this issue?

Thanks--
    Will do tomorrow.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks--I will be in my office mid morning today and that would be the best time to uninstall and reinstall.

I know this sounds like a dumb question but do you or anyone else know how to erase all the native contacts after I uninstall so I know that when GMM gets re-installed it will have no chance of creating duplicates? As I said before I would really like to avoid having to do a hard reset. I figure I will probably be doing one when ATT releases their official WM6 release.
  11. WDW
    Please, please, please tell me that we do not have to do a hard reset to get GMM 5.0 to work correctly.
    Treo 750 - ATT branded
    WM6 Prof.
    I checked with support and they are hearing of sluggishness on the 700P, but not other devices and they are recommending a removal of 4.9 or a hard reset before upgrading to 5.0 as a possible fix.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    I checked with support and they are hearing of sluggishness on the 700P, but not other devices and they are recommending a removal of 4.9 or a hard reset before upgrading to 5.0 as a possible fix.
    So in my case do you think I should use the uninstall option then a clean install of 5.0 or is that only for the 700P's? My performance while a little slower is not a problem--byt the way I have now turned of word complete at as it started to make GMM slower over time--although it does work.

My only problem has to do with the native contact issue. Is it your understanding that 5.0 is supposed to populate the native contacts with the Good contacts on a 750?
    Dsol, it should if the admin has enabled that function.
  15.    #15  
    Well as a follow up I just uninstalled GMM and then went into the SIM manager and noticed at least a couple of hundred contacts were on my SIM card. I never put them there (knowingly) and they were a portion of my Good contacts. I still think it has to do with contacts that I have either called or had called me on my Treo that were in my GMM database. I went ahead and deleted my SIM and I am now reloading GMM 5.0. It will be interesting to see what happens.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    Dsol, it should if the admin has enabled that function.
    Does he need to have 5.0 on the server for that to happen or can he do it with the existing server software?

He just told me that they are probably 30 days away at a minimum before they will install. He told me some of his group is having the 700P delays and they are going to be doing a control test across all devices with the new server software before he installs to make sure it works with all our existing devices. Our company has about 2,000 users I am told.
    Does he need to have 5.0 on the server for that to happen or can he do it with the existing server software?

He just told me that they are probably 30 days away at a minimum before they will install. He told me some of his group is having the 700P delays and they are going to be doing a control test across all devices with the new server software before he installs to make sure it works with all our existing devices. Our company has about 2,000 users I am told.
    Man... your statement alone can explain all the rash of strange issues you are experiencing.

If i get you right.... your running non-standard version of WM6 on you device, which you upgraded to 5.0, but the server is not upgraded to 5.0?

The server MUST be upgraded to 5.0 for the new features to kick in.

Dude... no offense on you... but this is why GMM has a policy to deal with admins rather than end users. To make sure the backends are all upgraded and in order, before working on the device.

if GMM released 5.0 to 4.9x servers.... than that sounds wrong... which also sound like what your admin did (pushed out the 5.x for users, but not upgrade the server).
    No, you must have the server upgraded to get the additional features.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthkim View Post
    Man... your statement alone can explain all the rash of strange issues you are experiencing.

If i get you right.... your running non-standard version of WM6 on you device, which you upgraded to 5.0, but the server is not upgraded to 5.0?

The server MUST be upgraded to 5.0 for the new features to kick in.

Dude... no offense on you... but this is why GMM has a policy to deal with admins rather than end users. To make sure the backends are all upgraded and in order, before working on the device.

if GMM released 5.0 to 4.9x servers.... than that sounds wrong... which also sound like what your admin did (pushed out the 5.x for users, but not upgrade the server).
    Darthkim, my admin pushed out 5.0 to me without any concerns. Sounds like he should not have but I simply asked if I could have it and he said sure--no warnings. As for he OS issue, I guess that could contribute but my device has had no issues and has been more stable since installing the leaked ROM than it was before hand.