1.    #1  
    I was looking at the info on the ##786# or maybe it was the ##3282# screen,( I had to call sprint for vision issues today.) Anyway, I guess I left it open. When I try to power my phone off I get the mesage: "Your system is currently running a # # command. You must stop it or reset your device before powering off. " How do I bring the command screen to the forefront?
    I've tried retyping the command, and clicking ok on that screen, but I'm still getting the error. Thanx in advance.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  2.    #2  
    Nevermind. I figured out what I did wrong.
    So, let's hear it! I just got this message. Have gotten it in the past and did a soft reset. I don't want to do a soft reset this time for reasons to complex to go into here.

Thx,
    Mark
    PalmOS user since 1998. Treo user since 2006. WM user since 4/1/2009.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><
    So what other ## codes are there? Is there still one to figure out what caused a reset?
  5.    #5  
    I was playing around with the menu options, and on the ##786# screen I had gone to options > diagnostics. It said "passthrough enabled". That is what wouldn't let me power down the phone. To get rid of that message I did the same thing and got the message "passthrough disabled", and it shut down normally.
    Thanks, Sukiyaki! After I started reading about the # commands, I figured something needed to be toggled, but I didn't know what. I didn't want to disable something that should remain enabled.
    PalmOS user since 1998. Treo user since 2006. WM user since 4/1/2009.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><
    I'm getting the same error now and can't power down my phone. I have a GSM unlocked 680... can anyone give me step-by-step to fix this?

Thanks,
    Mark
    Just pull the battery and plug it back in. No harm will be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarmanDX View Post
    Just pull the battery and plug it back in. No harm will be done.
    Tried that and it didn't work. I ended up doing a hard reset and restoring my data with Backup Buddy. All's fine now.

I just wonder what made that happen in the first place? I've had my 680 a year now and this is the first time that this ever happened...
  10.    #10  
    If it was caused by the ##786# code the step by step info is in my third post. If it was caused by any other ## code, then I don't know.

~S