1.    #1  
    so they have the urge to ask me to pay for the voice dial software, no problem, I used the same exact software on my Blackberry Pearl (which was built in for free) and it worked flawlessly. I don't mind paying up to $100 for it, it's that worth it to me.

But for it not to support bluetooth headset commands?! they must be joking, am I getting Punkd? The idea is when I drive I want to be able to push a button on my headset and tell it what number to dial. If that doesn't work, what's the point of voice dial if you can hold your phone in your hand?

This problem has been around for more than a year, I have read many posts that date back to almost last October. Is Palm sleeping or what? Maybe the users aren't loud enough, what can we do to address this simple issue. How can we let Palm know?
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    It's not supported by PalmOS so without replacing the operating system there's not a lot anyone can do. It was written to work with wired headsets, not that many people still use those.
  3.    #3  
    it's just sad really, it's like having a son that can multiply, divide, knows geometry, trigonometry, physics and is capable of amazing things...but....he can't add
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    we are all mad at the fact Palm can't replace their own OS in a good amount of time. we have now been told by the end of 2008 is when we will see device's with it. i am seriously looking at WM if my Treo 680 acts up or something...

that POSLinux better be damn outstanding!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Saying the OS doesn't support it is a cop-out as far as I'm concerned. We know that you can answer a call using the button on your Bluetooth headset. And you can end a call. This tells me that there is a connection between hardware to hardware and that the OS (or the Phone App) responds to the BT headset. If you need an OS function, ADD IT. In other words, change the OS. Being in the software business, I find it hard to believe that it can't be done.

Luckily I don't need voice dial at the moment but if laws come in banning hands-on cel phone use in cars, Palm's going to be on the out looking in.

Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
    but if laws come in banning hands-on cel phone use in cars, Palm's going to be on the out looking in.
    you mean it's ok that you drive and hold your mob phone?!
    no one can poll you over and give you an infraction
    here in Libya, it may cost ya 500 LYDs (380 $$)!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesmosis View Post
    you mean it's ok that you drive and hold your mob phone?!
    no one can poll you over and give you an infraction
    here in Libya, it may cost ya 500 LYDs (380 $$)!
    No laws where I live as yet, but they're talking about it, and it's a good thing. People with mobile phones in parking lots are a menace.

For me, because I can't voice dial from my BT headset, I take my Palm out, select the Phone app, and use my favourites to dial. Then I put the phone down and use the headset. But I don't do that in stop and go traffic. If it's not on my favourites, I wait or pull over.

If they bring in a law, I probably wouldn't be able to do even that. So it's a wired (ugh) headset or a different phone.

Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
    I C, thanx for reply
    If you just have to have voice command, you have the option of purchasing a Jabra A210 Bluetooth donble that plugs in to your headset jack - that will work - it provides a simulated Bluetooth connection.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho2550 View Post
    so they have the urge to ask me to pay for the voice dial software, no problem, I used the same exact software on my Blackberry Pearl (which was built in for free) and it worked flawlessly. I don't mind paying up to $100 for it, it's that worth it to me.