1.    #1  
    What apps have you tried that would have been great if they just fixed a few issues? My favourite 'not-quite-good-enough' app is:

moepaint - this little mini-photoshop is pretty amazing, especially considering its freeware. Unfortunately you can't export pics as jpegs so you end up with massive BMPs instead. Also you can't import jpegs either so the potential to edit photos taken with the Treo's camera is lost. This alone was enough to ensure it got deleted (after a little play or two)
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Well...I may have rocks thrown at me here, but here are my two entries:

1) DialByPhoto (now UltimatePhone)

2) TakePhone

Don't get me wrong...they are both incredible applications that significantly improve the standard Treo phone program...but they both have enough annoyances that I find myself constantly switching between them...and often going back to the standard dialer program. I've bought licenses for them both..and the developers deserve the cash...but I get frustrated with each of them often enough that I have lost count of how many times I have unmapped each from my "phone key".

Steve
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Needs Work:
    Voicedialing software- Too bloated and takes longer than using speed/ favorite dialing.

Being Picky:
    Phone Technician- Great, but using it for sms tones is an issue because it will play the tone for both outgoing and incoming messages.

Phonedisconnect- if only you didn't have to hit the power button fifty times to turn off reminders.

Dataviz Docs to Go- If you store apps on card, everytime you exit the program you have to use the tech tool to put files back on card.
    Monthplanner

Large grid display of calendar which can be panned with stylus. Good concept which needed a bit more development.
    I gotta say it, TodayPLUS GT. It was missing improved one handed support, ability to list how many unread emails and to acess them with your default email app, how many unread sms, missed calls, etc. It was such a beatiful Today screen.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    xChangeSync from Moxsi. Great program but it just kind faded away. Every app from Ludus. Most of the apps worked but promised enhancements and fixes became vaporware.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    xChangeSync from Moxsi. Great program but it just kind faded away.
    yes xweather from moxsi's a bit like that too, lots of promises re improvements (most particularly, international support) that were part of the reason I decided to pay up, but nothing looks like it will ever eventuate.

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    TreoAlarm.. When it didn't soft reset right as it was about to give an alarm, it mostly worked... Well, the weather didn't update often, but the alarm usually worked.

I'll have to say Documents to Go as well.. 7, 8, 9... Whatever. Takes forever to find new files and it seems like it crashes as often as it works. And often it loses the file entirely when it crashes.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    TreoLauncher

Great app. but development came to an abrupt end. I still use it but it had so much more potential...
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    4Info, which is the client front end to the 4info.net web portal.

This could have been so good with some cleaning up and by improving performance a little. The 4info.net web site is still going forward, as far as I can tell, but the client software now reports support for it's use will be discontinued after October 15th.

Such a shame
    WordSmith - a once great word processor, but improvements stopped years ago. Have since switched to DTG.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    TreoGuard - best utility for turning off screen while on call and then some. Better in price and features than PhoneTechnician. Very stable on 600 and excellent support. But alas, the developer went AWOL and support for recent Treos stopped.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Facer
    and the one that I just found, TreoSpot.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    PictureSMS

The regular text messaging in my Treo 650 got somewhat boring. I was hoping PictureSMS would have spiced it up a bit. I could never get someone's picture to display when they texted me, plus it had other minor bugs in in. So I deleted it. Now, they've made several upgrades and improvements I wanted to try it again but my trial period has expired and I can't. Oh well, I thought it had promise but now I'll never know.

ET
    Last edited by etphoto; 10/05/2007 at 02:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    City ID

Great app, but they stopped updating it and selling to individuals in favor of selling to carriers and letting them charge a $1.99/month for the "privilege" of letting you see the city/state your party was calling from. I guess from a business perspective, it makes more sense but it was nice having the app with no recurring fees.

Another post-mortum for Vindigo. No development past 2004....sad. I thought it was a great product for $24.95/yr.
    Yeah, TreoGuard was a good app.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Aeroplayer. Great mp3 program with potential that has pretty much died.

AutoBuddy had a lot of potential.