1.    #1  
    Does the default IM software use SMS? I have unlimited internet, but limited number of text messages, so I don't want to spend a bajillion dollars this month. I couldn't find the answer anywhere. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    if ur with sprint get the 30 doller sprint pro pack and that has the net and unlimited txt 99 music down loads sprint tv its a good pack to get
    I don't think the sprint im app uses sms msgs. I know the sprint email program uses sms but only when you turn on the simulated push feature.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by monster28 View Post
    if ur with sprint get the 30 doller sprint pro pack and that has the net and unlimited txt 99 music down loads sprint tv its a good pack to get
    I don't want to spend that, too much money. I'm on $5 internet, I'm happy with that. I don't need txt messages....
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I think the IM uses data.
    I called Sprint customer service yesterday and confirmed the default IM app uses data and not SMS.
    When i initially loaded the software, the program says that it uses txt and data (it recommends having an unlimited data and text package)
    Hmmm? I also was pretty sure the IM app used text messages and thought that was also what it warned the first time you fired it up.
    I don't use it all that often because it basically stinks. However I was always hesitant to use it to not go over my 300 texts.
    or you can just call Sprints retentions and get unlimited txts for $2.50/mo.
    I won't be too happy if I find this out. The Sprint Rep specifically said it used data and not SMS.