Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    So I wanted to share the status of my phone, in case anyone experiences similar behaviour or perhaps knows how to fix the issues. I now believe I have a particular bad piece of hardware and this may not apply to others, but then again the 700p hasn't been the easiest device to deal with from the very beginning:

- After placing/receiving a phone call, I cannot use data services right away, if I try I get Error 3000 and/or network will never connect (yes, I installed the latest 1.10_ so Error 3000 should not appear right?). I have to wait a minute or so and then I am good.
    - The phone resets (somewhat randomly) when I initiate data services and when it gets back from that reset it freezes. I have to manually re-reset the unit to get it to work.
    - The bluetooth is now completely FUBAR. It cannot keep a constant pairing with my Palm Treo Headset, and that headset is in the approved BT compatibility list. I pair it once, use the headset and next time I get a phone call the headset and phone will never pair.

As you can see, the bad behaviour is somewhat related to what the MR was supposed to fix. I have re-applyied the MR to no avail, I still get the same results.

Here's the software I am running. BTW I believe I have the latest version of each installed:

Versamail (the updated 3.5.4 that works with 1.10_)
    Kinoma 4EX
    TCPMP
    Google Maps
    Sling Player
    Pocket Tunes Deluxe
    Treo Memo
    Butler
    Power Hero
    Phone Technician
    Show Off
    Palm Files
    FileZ
    LaunchThis!
    MiniTones
    mRing
    PalmVNC
    PdaNet
    Resco Backup
    Sudoku
    Bejeweled
    Solitaire

Any help will be appreciatted.

Edit: I have tried the phone from a blank state (after hard reset) and with the apps installed, and the behaviour of the first two problems is the same. The BT has pairing issues after my apps are installed, but I have made sure none of them are fiddling with BT (I disabled Power Hero's BT auto turn on/off option)
    Last edited by waldo15; 10/03/2007 at 01:10 PM.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Don't waste any more time trying to figure it out. Have Verizon send you a replacement phone, and when they want to charge you $50, tell them to waive it since the problems only have occured since the MR update. They will. It will already come with the latest MR. Try using it briefly without installing any 3-party software. If it works, restore your new unit with your backup (or hotsync) and try it again. If your connection is screwed up again, hard reset and then install your 3-party apps one-by-one and test your connection each time.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    dcpmark

Thanks for the prompt response. I edited my post to show that indeed I tried running the phone without any apps installed and the first 2 problems were prevalent even without anything installed. It is possible that BT gets somewhat hosed by an app but I haven't tried the installation of apps one by one. That will be my next step.

And BTW, I am in my 2nd 700p replacement, and I am this close to call verizon to get my 3rd one... not so happy about it but heck, if after 3 tries a phone is not good they have a lemon rule that allows you to choose a brand new phone. I hope I don't have to do that since I have so much software invested in this thing.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    And BTW, I am in my 2nd 700p replacement, and I am this close to call verizon to get my 3rd one... not so happy about it.....
    Don't even think a second longer about asking for a 3rd unit....just call now. It will be here in a few days, and most likely all your problems will be solved.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Due to much F.U.D. after the Palm MR debacle I decided to wait and update my Sprint 700p for a while. I finally took the plunge yesterday and I am happy I did. I did the SD update (as that's the only available now.)

My phone is much better, the lag between the phone/web/applications is just about gone.

I did not get the problems others have had with the DTMF tones. Originally I was having a lot of problems with Bluetooth. That is the only thing I have not tried out yet.

Anyway Waldo15, enough about my phone. I agree with the others. Don't waste your time. Call and get a new phone, 3rd times a charm or at least it was with my Treo 600 a few years back.
    "You can't change people, only your reaction to them"
    I was having similar problems but I got rid of Kimona and now my phone, bt and all, is totally stable and fast and reliable. a long time coming but this phone is now the appropriate heir to the 650 legacy.
    I have been having a lot of lag since the most recent update. Terrible and more than I ever had before. I finally removed Butler and my Treo is running great.

Yeah, I know it is a nice program that many people like. But I really didn't use it much and now that it is gone, believe it was the source of my lags. I'm sure not everyone has trouble with it, but you may want to consider removing it.