1.    #1  
    I posted this in another forum as well, so I'm sorry to those who read both forums... but i NEED some guidance

So I was having some issues as I detailed in this thread...

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,55596.0.html

I decided it was time to give up and start fresh... I backed up my entire user name file that is within the "C:\Program Files\Palm\LP-tre" AND saved it to another location

Then from within the "C:\Program Files\Palm\LP-tre" directory I renamed the Photos and Backup folder, so that with the next hard reset and sync only my Outlook info would be sent to the phone.... so i thought.

The only problem was that I still had my HotSync setting set to "Handheld overwrites desktop"... so essentially my just Hard Resetted Treo overwrote my Outlook settings. I thought if I deleted the new "Backup" folder that I had created and replaced it with the one I had archived then i would be golden... but sadly my contacts were not restored.

By my experiments, I am assuming that any remmnants of my contacts are not saved within the Backupfolder.

I am guessing/hoping that my contacts were saved somewhere within the "C:\Program Files\Palm\LP-tre"... What can I do? I have come close to vomiting at least 3 times.

Is there a way to recover them with in Outlook?

PLEASE HELP.

Thanks in advance.
    do you have a backup program on your treo that you could restore certain files?

Are the contacts in the deleted folder in your outlook?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Are the contacts in the deleted folder in your outlook?
    THANK YOU sooo very much... found em all in the "Deleted" folder. I looked from school on the web version of Outlook and they were not there, but they were there on the laptop when i got home in the "Deleted" folder.
    Thus the reason why I don't do clear deleted folder on exit anymore.
  5.    #5  
    thanks for the help guys... but i can't seem to locate my memos in the deleted folder... is there any way to recover these as well?
    I think when you choose to sync w/outlook, it takes all that responsibility away from Palm Desktop. You really should invest the $10 in an SD card and get a backup program. I have it set to do it every night at 2am, and I always do it manually when I make big changes.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I think when you choose to sync w/outlook, it takes all that responsibility away from Palm Desktop. You really should invest the $10 in an SD card and get a backup program. I have it set to do it every night at 2am, and I always do it manually when I make big changes.
    Amen! Ditto! Here-here! As I've said numerous times, a hotsync backup is useless if you're traveling and encounter or have to do a hard reset. You can't get your apps or data back until you get back home. Get a daily SD card backup solution and kill the hotsync backup (set to "Do Nothing") to speed up syncing, and oh yeah, don't forget to backup your SD card to your PC at least once a week, in case your device with the SD card in it is lost or stolen. That way when you get a new Treo (assuming you get same device), you can copy your PC's SD card backup to a new SD card, do a restore and you're back like you were with the new device in under 15 minutes.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Thus the reason why I don't do clear deleted folder on exit anymore.
    I do because I rely on a daily SD card backup, automatically done at 4 am everyday. I keep three sets (3 days worth of backups) and keep my SD card backed up to my PC hard drive weekly. I have copies of my PIM data all over the place!
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Which SD backup program do you use?