1.    #1  
    With my 650 I was a big fan of using the Seidio audio adapter to minimize the use of the phone's troubled 3.5mm connector which is prone to failure. I was disappointed to find that the Seidio adapter did not work with my 680. Seidio is promising a new version of the adapter at the end of this month which will work with the 680 and 750.

Over on PIC I saw an interesting write up of another connector designed to give audio output and MIC input for Palm handhelds. Gary Mayhak was nice enough to send me one of his adapters to test with my 680. After a little fiddling I am happy to report that the adapter at www.talestuff.com works with the 680. It adapts the Treo Multiconnector (Athena connector) to a 2.5mm female jack.

I tested the talestuff adapter with Ptune and my Java headset. I launched Ptunes before attaching the adapter, that seems to be the most reliable way to use it. Something to do with how/when the palm OS checks for peripherals.

See the attached pic. It is called a "Treo headset adapter for TX and T5" on the talestuff web catalog.

Once Seidio starts shipping their adapter we will have a choice on going to a 2.5mm or 3.5mm connector.

Enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by swieder; 10/03/2007 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Universal Connector -> MultiConnector
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  2.    #2  
    Detecting the audio connector is intermittent. Even with Ptunes launched first, sometime the audio connector is not detected and the output continues to come from the Treo speaker.
    i guess that it is your head set the problem.
    http://treotricks.blogspot.com/2006/...k-secrets.html

this has to do with the impedence of your headphones.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mots View Post
    i guess that it is your head set the problem.
    http://treotricks.blogspot.com/2006/...k-secrets.html

this has to do with the impedence of your headphones.
    It could definitely be an impedance issue. In my set up the Treo audio is being fed into the Aux jack in my car (2004 Altima). I am hoping that the revised Seidio audio adapter will address the impedance issue.