Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just picked up an old treo 300 for old times sake and I can't seem to find treo300sms. Does it still exist in some form or another or am I back to square one?
    treo300sms was created by PDAApps, who was the creator of Verichat which was bought by Intellisync Corp which in turn was bought by Nokia who in turn discountinued the product you are looking for.
  3.    #3  
    how terribly unfortunate...

don't suppose anyone knows what the programs were written in?
    I found myself in the same predicament. I opted for getting Eudora 2.1 and attaching @messaging.sprintcs.com or whatever carrier the person was and send the message as an email.

it worked for a while up until the lid of the phone broke and Asurion rushed me a 755p.

I do miss the bigger keyboard.
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by nitido357 View Post
    I found myself in the same predicament. I opted for getting Eudora 2.1 and attaching @messaging.sprintcs.com or whatever carrier the person was and send the message as an email.

it worked for a while up until the lid of the phone broke and Asurion rushed me a 755p.

I do miss the bigger keyboard.
    Wait, so you were still using a Treo 300 up until recently?

wow... idk what to say to that.. I cannot remember the last time I used a 180 or 270... or even saw someone using a first Gen Treo
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    oh yeah sire...I really liked the treo 300...if it wasn't for that tedious lack of SMS thing...I'd still have it. People forget, the cool thing about treos overall is the KEYBOARD...being able to actually type instead of fuss with graffiti was the greatest advance. All the other Bluetooth, ad2p, wi-fi, all that is added hogwash.

that is still the best keyboard and the rocker on the left side??? the shiznit, I used the hell out of that...wonder why they got rid of it...
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
    Its funny how people are talking about the new smaller size of the Centro... They obviously never owned a 300 (or 180/270).

I went through the 600 and 650...but what I miss to this day:

1. Flip phone / built in screen protector. Kept the thing in my back pocket...a few scratches on the outside, but that's it.

2. Headphone jack on the side...not on the bottome. I used to leave the treo in the cradle while on conf calls. I swear they changed the design to get people to buy the dumb car-kits.

3. Even though the pixel res isn't as good as the 650, the screen was a decent size, and the color/brightness was excellent.

Those were the days.

Although, the sound was something to be desired (i.e., beeps and chirps were about all you could get
    Still using my Treo 300.

It's more like a 2nd Gen Treo isn't it? Maybe 1.5?

Treo 90 was just a PDA. So Treo 300 must be 2nd (maybe even 3rd?) generation...

nitido357 The reasons for my going from a Qualcomm QCP 2700 (A loveable "brick" of a phone which my Dad is still using) to the Treo 300... is because of the "real" Internet/Keyboard options that it offered over "dumb" text based browsers/keypads of the day (and in many ways still). While "micro" Cells of today can do a great many things better then my Treo 300... The Keyboard and customization options do have it's benefits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lgodave View Post
    Still using my Treo 300.

It's more like a 2nd Gen Treo isn't it? Maybe 1.5?

Treo 90 was just a PDA. So Treo 300 must be 2nd (maybe even 3rd?) generation...

nitido357 The reasons for my going from a Qualcomm QCP 2700 (A loveable "brick" of a phone which my Dad is still using) to the Treo 300... is because of the "real" Internet/Keyboard options that it offered over "dumb" text based browsers/keypads of the day (and in many ways still). While "micro" Cells of today can do a great many things better then my Treo 300... The Keyboard and customization options do have it's benefits.
    To quote myself from another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Timmay
    In all fairness, the Treo 180 was announced before the Treo 90. The Treo 90 was release around the time of the Treo 270. And after all that the Treo 300.
    The Treo 90 was a late comer to the Treo party. It was released after the 180 and 270.

Timmay
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    So using a "modern" example... The Treo 90 is the iPod touch to the 180/270's iPhone? A stripped down "basic" unit without the Cell Phone?

So 180/270 is Gen 1... T90 is maybe 1.5... Treo 300 is like 1.7?
    Nastalgia for me is my 600...when it all started.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Just read the Mundu IM article and I'm hurting for a Palm 5.2+ handset.

I miss my VeriChat. Why nobody tries and keeps things simple with a "basic" app and build up from there... gets me. If there was a 3.5 version that could work on the Treo 300... I'd be ON that... probably extend it's life another year or so... or until the keys fall off.
    Treo 300's? I go even further back - when I travel to Europe, I use my Visor Prism with the Visorphone GSM springboard. If you search around, you can find settings to get SMS and email, Eudora working from various networks (used Orange in Paris last year, and some italian one in Italy the year before). I buy a GSM card for $25 or so (actually, with the dollar now, that would be more like $100 ;-o ), and then use the minutes it includes. My wife uses her damn Blackberry, which works fine.... I would switch over to a GSM Treo, but Sprint is just so much less expensive for unlimited data.

My only issue is the writting area on my Prism is scratched, so it is really hard to write vertical lines without the Prism thinking I am writing two lines. I used to use some software that let you use your whole screen as graffiti scratchpad, forgot the name.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    Treo 300's? I go even further back - when I travel to Europe, I use my Visor Prism with the Visorphone GSM springboard. If you search around, you can find settings to get SMS and email, Eudora working from various networks (used Orange in Paris last year, and some italian one in Italy the year before). I buy a GSM card for $25 or so (actually, with the dollar now, that would be more like $100 ;-o ), and then use the minutes it includes. My wife uses her damn Blackberry, which works fine.... I would switch over to a GSM Treo, but Sprint is just so much less expensive for unlimited data.

My only issue is the writting area on my Prism is scratched, so it is really hard to write vertical lines without the Prism thinking I am writing two lines. I used to use some software that let you use your whole screen as graffiti scratchpad, forgot the name.
    I think the app you used was Jot? Visorphone... now that's old school! The blazing speeds of GPRS internet! hehe
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    Got a few of the Sprint "Digital Link" Springboard Modules (back when they were FREE from Handspring) still in the boxes... thanks for reminding me... I keep forgetting they are there. Got an old Visor Deluxe that's could run them if I really needed to use one. It was originally suppose to be for spare parts... but then the "upgrade" rebates (No firmware upgrades= $300? rebate that went toward a Treo 300) came along and they were orphaned in the boxes.
    Yes! Jot was the application. There was also a keyboard that plugged into the bottom/cradle connection, but that didnt' work for the Prism, I think.

I have some off the Sprint phone springboards as well (they were free the final month, you just had to pay for shipping). Those obviously don't work overseas (at least not in GPS countries), but the batteries are compatable with the VisorPhone ones, so I had a spare or two available.

Supposedly, at least for a while, the military guys liked Visor Deluxes over other Palm devices, since you could use regular, easily available AA(A?) batteries.

What I miss the most about the Visors is Ancient Red (cool RPG from some Korean company, doesn't quite work on Treo's).
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    I can go back even further than the VisorPhone. Anyone remember Omnisky? I had an Omnisky CDPD modem attached to the back of my Palm Vx, back in late 1999 (I was in the early beta tester group) and I was doing push email (via mail forwarding to my Omnisky email account) and handheld web browsing via the Omnisky bundled browser that got installed on the device (I think they licensed that from Bluelark Systems, who created Blazer, and who were later bought by Handspring).

I still have my snap-on-the-back modem (gave my Vx away to my brother at some point - too bad really) and get this - I also have my personalized Vaja black leather case that was custom-made for the Omnisky/Vx combo. So nice.

Ahhh - those were the days.
    Loved my 300 until the flimsy flip ear piece broke. I'm more suprise that yours hasn't broken yet as that was one the fatal design flaws of the Treo 300...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Treo 300's best feature was the ability to run Palm VII/VIIx web clipping (PQA) apps! Getting the info I really wanted was quick and easy.
    did anybody do the samsung Palm devices?

My first smartphone ever was the i-300...that jawn was the bomb when it came to graphics (for its time of course) and even though it was literally a brick, I never worried about breaking the screen or anything.

OMG!!!! somebody brought up verichat!!!! screw what folks use nowadays, that is the best IM program I've ever used (including desktop solutions).

I remember having my t300 while I worked at cingular (now the evel AT&T) and chatting up a storm while I had callers on the line...hehe

I'm telling ya...except for the sms mishap by sprint, which really was an issue with all their phones circa 2002 (which if you had a GSM provider was not an issue with their treo) the T300 was one solid communicating solution...even the limited 16 mb of memory and lack of MMC/SD slot didn't phase me...

I must've dropped that sucker 15 times (worked at a moving co. back then) and no issues. Of course, the lid was what did in both of my 300's...which brought me to my 755p and although I miss a keyboard I can zoom through...it keeps me satisfied...check the sig...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast