Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    My understanding is the 755p is available only through Sprint and Verizon and they do not use sim cards? Is this correct or is the 755p available unlocked whereby you may use an existing sim card? My 650 phone turns off and restarts frequently and I have priced replacements on eBay but for a little more I could get a 755p. I don't want to switch carriers.
    No, is the simple answer. You can get a 680, which is the Palm Operating System, or the 750, which uses the Windows Mobile Operating System. If you are on t-mobile, make sure you get an unlocked unit as both of the above are AT&T. The european version of the 750 is unlocked already.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    No sim card on the 755P.

the 755P is a CDMA phone and will not work on a GSM network (GSM phones have sim cards).

furthermore, the ESN has to be prequalified to work on Verizon or Sprints network so you don't sign up a phone purchased for another CDMA carrier. This is why you cannot activate a sprint phone onto verizon's network, even though each uses each other's towers for roaming.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Thanks for the information. Are Sprint and Verizon the preferred carriers for the newest Palms? I have AT&T and the Plam I use, a 650 must be able to pair with and function with my cars bluetooth not an after market system. I tried the 680 it would pair but then freeze up so I returend it. What would make the 680 freeze up after pairing?
    Quote Originally Posted by glsda View Post
    I tried the 680 it would pair but then freeze up so I returend it. What would make the 680 freeze up after pairing?
    You should really ask this on the 680 forum. I would search it first, as it's probably been discussed, but most 680 owners won't see this question here.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Thanks I will post it on the 680 forum.