1.    #1  
    Is there a program that will back up the SD card to your computer during the Hot Sync? I know that BackupBuddy does it, but is there another program?
    Last edited by caseyatbt; 10/10/2007 at 08:04 PM.
  2.    #2  
    So, is that the only one?
    It's the only one I know of, but when I used BackupBuddy I didn't like how long it took to do it . . . every hotsync. I now use Resco Backup, doing an automatic backup at 4 AM daily, and then I use SyncBackSE to do an incremental backup of my SD card once a week to my PC. I find that combination meets my needs quite well.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    It's the only one I know of, but when I used BackupBuddy I didn't like how long it took to do it . . . every hotsync. I now use Resco Backup, doing an automatic backup at 4 AM daily, and then I use SyncBackSE to do an incremental backup of my SD card once a week to my PC. I find that combination meets my needs quite well.
    Do you know if the freeware version of SyncBack will allow backup of the SD card to the PC, or will only the shareware version (SyncBackSE) do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    Do you know if the freeware version of SyncBack will allow backup of the SD card to the PC, or will only the shareware version (SyncBackSE) do that?
    Looks like from the link below that basic sync is covered, but there are so many additional benefits, I thought you might want to see them!

http://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/compare.html
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    insert the card into a reader once a week and drag the contents over.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    insert the card into a reader once a week and drag the contents over.
    If you see that as being just as good and efficient as what apps like SyncBackSE do, then that's probably what you ought to keep doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    If you see that as being just as good and efficient as what apps like SyncBackSE do, then that's probably what you ought to keep doing.
    just a suggestion.
    mute point for me since I am on wm and the device is recognized by windows as an external drive.