1.    #1  
    I know that most of the people here on VC prefer WordSmith but I bought DTG before I knew about WordSmith. I have been happy with DTG except for one thing, when I modified my documents on my handheld, the formatting was removed on the desktop version (eg superscripts, subscripts, footnotes, different font sizes, images, etc). I also use Reference Manager and it would remove citations from my documents as well.

DataViz released an update to DTG (ver 3.005) that corrects this problem! I have played around with it and it works, the formatting stays! The only downside I have noticed is that it takes slightly longer to sync the document changes. The length of time is not great so this isn't a real problem. They also improved the user interface which makes it much easier to use the formatting features on your handheld.

For people who have DTG 3.0 or greater, go here for links to the appropriate upgrade.
    Donate Blood!!!
    Visit here to see how: America's Blood Centers
    thank you for the info.

I too, use DTG, and haven't had any problems with it. Many times, it has replaced my laptop(thankfully).

I need to travel for business and I enjoy being able to carry reference manuals in DTG. The search function is great.

Yesterday, I used it on my Prism with my stowaway keyboard(in my lap even) while taking notes during a Flash seminar. I was able to bold, etc.

g.
    "It's not stealing if you put it back on the web."
    -Flash instructor
    Does anyone know if QuickWord removes formatting made on the desktop when edited on Palm and sync'd back?
    <><
    Just one addendum to this--my understanding is that the updated DocsToGo preserves formatting *only* in Word or Excel documents. For folks like me who use WordPerfect and QuattroPro (my employer's choice, not mine) this does no good. It sure would be nice if software developers catered to those of us who aren't Word or Excel users once in a while. Of course, WordSmith isn't an option at all so I guess I should be happy that DocsToGo is even compatible with WordPerfect. I have to say though, I'm starting to feel like a second class citizen.
    Originally posted by LanMan
    Does anyone know if QuickWord removes formatting made on the desktop when edited on Palm and sync'd back?
    Quickword doesn't do formatting and does everything in the native DOC format. Any formatting in your Word document is lost when sync'd to Quickword.

Nevertheless, Quickword is still a pretty good app and editor, but if you absolutely need to preserve formatting on the PDA side, probably not for you. I don't need to do anything with documents that can't be read in plain text form, so the lack of formatting ability has never bothered me.
    -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    Version: 3.12
    GS d-(+) s: a C++ UX++++V++S++ P+>+++ L>+++ E+>++ W++ N++(+++) o? K? w !O !M V-- PS PE Y+ PGP++ t++ 5++ X++ R+ tv++ b++(+++) DI++++ D+ G++ e+++>++++ h--- r+++ y?
    -----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    With this last update of Doc to go I started having all sorts of problems synching DTG files with my Mac. The synch just stops on the side of the Mac. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Originally posted by David Vitale
    With this last update of Doc to go I started having all sorts of problems synching DTG files with my Mac. The synch just stops on the side of the Mac. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Are you trying to sync in classic? I have had no problems preforming a sync under 9.1, but if I am in the classic environment-forget it. It gets to the DTG conduit and fails. This never happened with previous versions.

I am considering downgrading to 3.4, I hate to lose the new (much needed) functionality--but I prefer to live in OSX.
    This version works great!!! I love the Word-like buttons for formatting text and paragraphs with a single tap. control-b for bold, ctl-i for italic, and ctl-u for underline on the stowaway plus all of the fn buttons on the keyboard work too! My keyboard just became a lot more functional.

My only wish left is the ability to sync documents with more than one PC (and an auto-spell check using my M-W dictionary database or wordsleuth database would be cool, but surely impossible).
    I also hope for the dictionary spell-check ability.

I wrote to Docs To Go also suggesting that they put a text color icon on their new toolbar. I like to use color on my Prism. They are too many steps now. Select text, edit font, pick color, OK.

Also suggested auto-blue,underline-color of www.xxx.com links in docs. Everyone includes links in their docs now.
    "I cannot live without books." Thomas Jefferson
    I just saw where that www.xxx.com link went.
    I REALLY just made it up as an example.

oops, sorry.

wonder, how many of you will check now fer'sure.

haahhhhahha
    "I cannot live without books." Thomas Jefferson
  11.    #11  
    In addition to the ability to hotsync with more than one computer and spell checking, I would also like the ability to do superscript and subscript. I do not need to see the formatted text on my handheld but would like to be able to highlight text and then superscript, and then have it appear that way when I sync the document to Word.

There is a way to spell check with DTG. I tried a program that could spell check DTG as well as e-mail messages, memos, and To Do list. The program's name was SpellMan (I think). It had a 21 day trial period. It worked okay but it was really sloooooooooow (I am using a Platinum so I cannot imagine what it would be like on other devices). It was sort of expensive as well. It was so slow that it didn't last very long before I deleted it. Didn't even survive until the trial period ended.
    Donate Blood!!!
    Visit here to see how: America's Blood Centers