Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by dootndo2 View Post
    I am interested in this device for 2 purposes. The first to use with my Treo 650 while on the road and the second to use with my laptop with Google Maps.
    Are you saying Google Maps on laptops works with gps receivers?!

I thought only the Windows Mobile versions of the Google Maps app worked with gps receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by dootndo2 View Post
    Is there any compare/contrast between the original version and the 2000 model? I couldn't really see any differences besides look. I am also interested in what GPS software I should use on the Treo 650 that will work well with this device.

Thanks.

dootndo2
    I use Delorme Earthmate Street Atlas Plus 2008.

It comes with a version for pc's and one for pda's... all in the same package and for the lowest price I've ever seen.

Other packages may off better pda gps nav apps, but I don't think any offers as much versatility and bang for your buck.

Good luck.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Are you saying Google Maps on laptops works with gps receivers?!

I thought only the Windows Mobile versions of the Google Maps app worked with gps receivers.

I use Delorme Earthmate Street Atlas Plus 2008.

It comes with a version for pc's and one for pda's... all in the same package and for the lowest price I've ever seen.

Other packages may off better pda gps nav apps, but I don't think any offers as much versatility and bang for your buck.

Good luck.
    Sorry, I meant Google Earth. The pay version supports GPS Integration for real time information.

http://earth.google.com/earth_plus.html

Features:

Intensify your Google Earth experience with these added features:

Enhanced network access for faster performance
    Real-time GPS tracking and track/waypoint import - for upload of data from select GPS devices

Verified support for Magellan and Garmin devices only
    Does not support export of tracks or waypoints to a GPS
    Greater-than-screen-resolution printing for impressive hardcopies
    Spreadsheet importer to import locations from .CSV files
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    How did you get the 755p to pair with the device. The pairing software on the 755p lists handsfree and computers for syncing. Neither option found the Freedom GPS. I just received mine today and am working to set it up.

Also, what mapping software works well on the 755p and with
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcase View Post
    How did you get the 755p to pair with the device. The pairing software on the 755p lists handsfree and computers for syncing. Neither option found the Freedom GPS. I just received mine today and am working to set it up.
    Below where you see "Hands-free Setup" and "HotSync Setup", there's "Trusted Devices." Click that and choose "Add Device."

It should see your device, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcase View Post
    Also, what mapping software works well on the 755p and with
    As far as gps software, others are fond of TomTom and other options, but I use Delorme Earthmate Street Atlas 2008. It's not the most user-friendly software -largely because of the lack of documentation- but I still think it offers the most bang for a Treo-user's buck.

It comes with gps software for the Treo and for the pc. The handheld (Treo, etc.) version is more limited than pricier options like TomTom, but I'm still very pleased with my purchase.

$40 ain't bad. If there's a TomTom or Garmin equivalent that doesn't cost a grip, I'd consider it.

Anyway, that's enough ranting from me. Whatever you decide on, good luck to you. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
    Hey guys, I have a 700p and I'm looking to get the Freedom 2000 keychain GPS receiver. Have any of you on the palm platform got a gps signal with Google Maps? Where as you get a blue dot that shows where you're at exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krod301 View Post
    Hey guys, I have a 700p and I'm looking to get the Freedom 2000 keychain GPS receiver. Have any of you on the palm platform got a gps signal with Google Maps? Where as you get a blue dot that shows where you're at exactly.
    Unfortunately, the current Palm OS version of Google Maps (version 1.2.0.9) does not support any GPS nor does it support the "psuedo-GPS" feature that Google has enabled for most other devices (Blackberries, Windows Mobile) that provides you with an approximate location.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC View Post
    Unfortunately, the current Palm OS version of Google Maps (version 1.2.0.9) does not support any GPS nor does it support the "psuedo-GPS" feature that Google has enabled for most other devices (Blackberries, Windows Mobile) that provides you with an approximate location.
    It was worth a shot in asking, Thanks for the reply.

I did some searching around and I found this program called "Where Am I" that helps interact with a GPS puck and Google Maps. Basically it retrieves the coordinates from a bluetooth GPS receiver and plugs in the information into Google Maps. Pretty Nifty, but still would of been nice if 1.2.0.9 interacted with gps signals. Hope this helps somebody.
    This thing still comes in handy.

This is a college town and, now that the students are back, traffic can be a bear (relatively speaking... in Atlanta, this would be nothing). After making "a run for the border," this evening, we decided to look for an alternate route back home.

My gps software isn't as robust as some more expensive packages, but when paired with my Freedom gps receiver, I got us home without having to worry about a crash-up with a "teeny bopper" with something to prove.

If it'd been closer to rush-hour, we REALLY would've saved ourselves some time and trouble.

I don't have an 800 or a Pro, but my 755p (or my 650, at times) does the job just fine with my Freedom receiver. No buyer's remorse here (and I'm still working with last year's model).
    Question: Do any of you have experience with both, the current Freedom gps receiver AND the previous model (which is the one I have)? I know the newer one is smaller, but I wondered if it also acquired satellite(/gps) locks much more quickly.

Anyone?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123