1.    #1  
    Is the speakerphone on the Treo 650 full duplex? It appears that it is NOT full duplex. When I use the speakerphone, I have to wait till the other person stops talking before I speak. The other person can't hear me if I speak while they are talking. I have Sprint service.
    Quote Originally Posted by grindy1 View Post
    Is the speakerphone on the Treo 650 full duplex? It appears that it is NOT full duplex. When I use the speakerphone, I have to wait till the other person stops talking before I speak. The other person can't hear me if I speak while they are talking. I have Sprint service.
    No speaker-phones are full duplex. That is what makes them speaker-phones. It is necessary to avoid the kind of feedback that one hears on a public address system when the speakers are too close to the microphone or the amplification is too high.

Good speaker-phones make the turn-around barely noticeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    No speaker-phones are full duplex. That is what makes them speaker-phones. It is necessary to avoid the kind of feedback that one hears on a public address system when the speakers are too close to the microphone or the amplification is too high.

Good speaker-phones make the turn-around barely noticeable.
    To be honest, I thought the Treo 650 does not have full duplex. I always have to wait for someone to finish talking before I do otherwise it gets distorted, etc.