1.    #1  
    I am having trouble sending emails with chatter when there are special characters in the body of the message. I first noticed this when I tried to send a link from a site I was visiting. After I sent it, I saw that chatter truncated/removed special character combinations.

Here's a simple example. If I wanted to send an email with only "10+10=20" in the body of the message, the recipient would only see "10+10" I believe there are certain combinations of an equals sign with a number following it.

Has anyone ever seen this and/or know what I can do to fix this?
    Do you know how to get to the screen keyboard? The options key to the right of the Alt key is where to start.

Ben
  3.    #3  
    Ben-

Thank you for responding, but as stated my issue isn't being able to find how to type special characters, it is not being to send certain combinations of them in emails. I cannot send this "10+10=20" via chatteremail. The "=20" gets removed before it's sent. Can you test sending only "10+10=20" via chatteremail?

Thanks!
    It works here sending through earthlink pop/smtp account to both an exchange/imap account and a normal pop account.

The bosy of the message was:

10+10=20
    10+10=20

Hawaii Foodservice Alliance, LLC.
    via Ben's Treoberry

Via Fastmail.us

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by barakaspeed View Post
    Thank you for responding, but as stated my issue isn't being able to find how to type special characters, it is not being to send certain combinations of them in emails. I cannot send this "10+10=20" via chatteremail. The "=20" gets removed before it's sent. Can you test sending only "10+10=20" via chatteremail?
    Interesting! I am having the same problem, and never noticed it before. It appears Chatter is converting =XX into the corresponding ASCII code in hex. I just sent myself a message with the text "=4A=42" and it came through as "JB". The hex code for a space is 20, which means your 10+10=20 is coming through as 10+10=[space]. Furthermore, the conversion appears to be happening on send, because the items in my TreoSent folder are similarly affected.

Unsure why this is happening for some but not others. I have a Treo 600 which is not as robust at displaying emails in Chatter as the newer models (for example, HTML emails must be viewed externally in Blazer)... maybe that has something to do with it.
    There are no doubt issues with encodings in some cases; sorry about that! As Chatter is no longer in development, I wouldn't expect this to get fixed.

Marc
  8.    #8  
    No longer in development? How come? Even though Palm bought it, I thought you or someone else would be supporting it?
    Quote Originally Posted by barakaspeed View Post
    No longer in development? How come? Even though Palm bought it, I thought you or someone else would be supporting it?
    Marc's been very clear that there will be no more updates to Chatter, sad as that is. Besides, he's too busy to support it because he's writing the native email client for the new Linux Treo.
  10.    #10  
    Well I see there actually has been an update to chatter which is now version 3.0.9 and I was really hoping to see this blatant problem fixed. Oh well, even though there are supposedly no more updates, I'll keep on wishing for one to fix this.