1.    #1  
    On my 650 there was an exit or end session option .... on the 680 how do you terminate your Web connection?
    Just go back to the launcher, Blazer closes.
  3.    #3  
    How come the "data in use" little triangles on the signal meter still show up as if data was still being transferred if I go back to the launcher? If I soft reset the meter goes back to "normal."

Thanks
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    Just go back to the launcher, Blazer closes.
    unfortunately i dont think there is a way, unless you soft reset, or go into your network connections in the prefs and turn it off manually

its a pain in the watootsie
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    In theory, it doesn't matter, as being connected to the data network is not the same as using data for which you will be billed; I am not comfortable with that, however, unless you have an unlimited data plan (in which case it is no problem), and so without that I would go into preferences, network, and just disconnect. It's a pain but a very small one compared to the other 680 pains.

But you might look into unlimited data as it is pretty cheap. The reason I am uncomfortable being connected even without use is that there may be some program on your phone that will do something when it is connected, without your knowledge, and you could find out a month later that you used a lot more data than you intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post

But you might look into unlimited data as it is pretty cheap. The reason I am uncomfortable being connected even without use is that there may be some program on your phone that will do something when it is connected, without your knowledge, and you could find out a month later that you used a lot more data than you intended.
    Very true. I have cingular/at&t/whatever they go by, and their $20 Media Max bundle and i love the unlimited internet! I use probably 30-40mb a month and its great knowing that i wont end up with a huge bill!
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Or you can get Networkdown and map it to a favourite/speed dial and use that to disconnect from a GPRS session.

Or a neater solution is Power Hero from Hobbyist Software which will enable you to have a time set of non usage then it will drop your data connection.

Also does this for Bluetooth/IR as well (and more).