1.    #1  
    Okay, maybe a better question is that is there are difference on the Firmware ROM 1.04 on the unlocked versus the latest Firmware update from May 2007 on the AT&T 680 ROM 1.09?

My question is there any advantage with going with AT&T Locked 680 with firmware 1.09 vs. Unlocked 680 firmware 1.04 (and then loading up the Camera battery patch, Daylight saving patch, Security patch, etc.)?

I am a regular Treo 700p users and didn't realize that there were all these slight different nuances among the Treos with different cell phone carriers!!

Really appreicate any help in this matter...
    Hi. I recently bought an AT&T 680 w/ the 1.09 firmware. Had it a little over a month, and so far, no problems. I could be wrong, but I think that only the locked (Cingular) 680s had the problems that required the patches. You can go to the Palm website and they will tell you at the various downloads whether a particular firmware will need that patch.

I saw your other post, and to answer your other question, you can take a sim card from another phone using AT&T and drop it into the Treo w/out any problem. I bought my 680 off of ebay, and just moved my sim card from my previous phone. Didn't have to change plans or add a data plan, etc.

Hopes this helps.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you very much for you answer. That really helps. I know it seems simple for most 680 users, but being on CDMA phones for years, I didn't want to give the wrong answer re: GSM phones and SIM cards.

I appreciate your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by karenrm@comcast.net View Post
    Hi. I recently bought an AT&T 680 w/ the 1.09 firmware. Had it a little over a month, and so far, no problems. I could be wrong, but I think that only the locked (Cingular) 680s had the problems that required the patches. You can go to the Palm website and they will tell you at the various downloads whether a particular firmware will need that patch.

I saw your other post, and to answer your other question, you can take a sim card from another phone using AT&T and drop it into the Treo w/out any problem. I bought my 680 off of ebay, and just moved my sim card from my previous phone. Didn't have to change plans or add a data plan, etc.

Hopes this helps.