1.    #1  
    Anyone going to go from a 700P (or a 750P for that matter) to a Centro. I love the look of the centro and if it has the ability to use Slingplayer and PDA Net Im going to get a Centro ( for $99 . My contract is up so I get the $150 discount and I already have the $25 service plan) . Seems a little smaller device . I just hope they put out an extendad battery.
    they gave me a blackjack at my new job- and it brings home how large the treo's are

a centro might be an option- but, my biggest gripe with treo's is that as phones, they're just not that good.

my second biggest gripe is quality- they just don't seem to be able to last 6 months without some kind of internal circuitry problem

my third biggest gripe is every new treo starting with the 650 was basically betaware. And I will no longer rush to buy.
    I was considering the 700p - Centro move but don't want the smaller screen.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I preordered a Centro to move from a 700p to one. I like the idea of having a smaller and more stylish (non-business) treo type phone for slingplayer, etc. We will see what happens when it comes in. I bet it will be fine for me and then I will sell my 700p on ebay.
  5.    #5  
    I thought it was the same size 320X320 screen ??

Peridoc, you ordered from sprint ?? did you get any Sprint discounts. I was going to wait for the sprint store to get it so I dont have to pay the $399 to pre order , or can you get the discounts when you pre order?
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I preordered from Palm and did so for full price. My plan is to sell the 700p on ebay bringing the cost of the Centro down to about $199 or less for me. That is acceptable for me to get the form factor that I want. After dealing with sprint for discounts in the past and most recently a Palm buyback program I decided that I did not want to mess with either of those this time around. I know others have had good experiences, but mine was not as good as I would have wanted...so this is the best route for me to the Centro.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I think that the screen's physical size is smaller than the Treo 700p, but it is still a 320x320 resolution screen. That is also acceptable for me to get to the smaller form factor as long as slingplayer still works on it.
  8.    #8  
    OK I see the screen is 2.2 instead of 2,4 diagional. Thats not really much .

Here is the compariosn in palm phones

http://www.palm.com/us/products/reso...martphone.html

Thanks Peridoc, I think I will wait for Sprint to get it in. I can get the $150 discount and then the discount for a new 2 year aggreament. Basically I guess for $99 then sell my Treo 700P for a couple of hundred on Ebay. ( WHat I do every new phone) I usually make out money. But I may hold onto my 700P this time just incase I dont like the Centro. I can always go back , and in 30 days I do like the Centro I can sell the 700P.