1.    #1  
    Just got this in my email today from the Palm newsletter.

The special Centro offer in this newsletter is good for a limited time.

http://www.palm.com/us/products/smartphones/centro/#

Keeping up with your friends is easier than ever thanks to the new PalmŪ Centro™ smartphone. The Palm Centro gives you plenty of ways to stay in touch—voice, text, IM, email and web,1 all in a phone that's a lot smaller than you think. Though the Centro is compact enough to carry in your pocket, it includes a full keyboard and large color touchscreen. And speaking of color, you can even choose which color you like best—Onyx Black or Ruby Red. Centro. Let's go.
    Be one of the first to get the new Centro. Preorder today with Sprint service for only $99* and take advantage of this great offer:
    *After instant discount, mail-in rebate, and qualifying two-year Sprint service agreement.

EDIT: Got this from the Palm Developer's Network website - Centro will be exclusive through Sprint in the United States for 90 days and is available in onyx black or ruby red.
    Last edited by stroths; 10/01/2007 at 06:11 AM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I received the same email.

BUT when I looked further into it the price of the Centro is $798.00 - WTF who is willing to pay $798.00 for this unit when all reports are stating $99.00 including the email. Palm/Sprint is screwing with their loyal customers!!
    What is the official release date for Sprint. I cant find anything on Sprints website.
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
    I received the same email.

BUT when I looked further into it the price of the Centro is $798.00 - WTF who is willing to pay $798.00 for this unit when all reports are stating $99.00 including the email. Palm/Sprint is screwing with their loyal customers!!
    How did you get $798? I just priced it with no new line of service and it comes to $400, plus they throw in a vehicle charger for free. Granted, that's nowhere close to $99, but it's not $798 either.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    How did you get $798? I just priced it with no new line of service and it comes to $400, plus they throw in a vehicle charger for free. Granted, that's nowhere close to $99, but it's not $798 either.

I think he is factoring in the required data plan of $25 bucks a month that is required to get the phone for $99
    Actually thats what it is telling me for the phone with no service plan.

http://store.palm.com/search/index.j...ro%26%23153%3B
    I talked to telesales and it isn't on the sheet yet. Said to call back in about a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Actually thats what it is telling me for the phone with no service plan.

http://store.palm.com/search/index.j...ro%26%23153%3B
    It think it says that when you don't put a zip code in the required box. They figure if you don't live here in the states, than you should pay the super duper high rate.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    I figured that, I was just trying to show what the poster was talking about. I think that price is just a bug when you dont put a zip.

Where do you get the $100 Discount. WHen I "Buld a Phone" the only plans I see are the $15 and $20 TV Plan. I dont see the $25 data plan avaliable that I read you need to get to get the $100 discount.

Anyone know when Sprint online or the stores are going to take orders. Easier to get the discounts from sprint when you order from them.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 10/01/2007 at 12:58 AM.
  12.    #12  
    If you are part of the Palm Developer Network (like me), you can get $100 off a Palm phone per year when you order directly through them. For those that are part of the Palm Developer Network, they can get the Centro for free w/a 2 year contract. I don't know if this will work with the pre-order though.

Device Discount Program
    Palm is happy to offer our PDN developers discounts on products through the Palm Treo and handheld stores. Current discounts are $100 off of one Treo (one per year, per developer) and up to 25% off of LifeDrives, handhelds and accessories.

http://pdn.palm.com/
    Develop -> Get Devices -> Device Discount Program
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    OK i found it, the $100 rebate is only with New Service, not extending the contract. Only non sprint customers can get the $100 rebate.

Below are the details

For a limited time, when you buy a PalmŪ Centro™ smartphone with mobile service from Sprint, you'll get a $100 mail-in rebate when you activate a new Sprint PCS service plan.

To get your Sprint rebate:

REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL CUSTOMERS

Activate your new Sprint PCS device(s) with a new two-year subscriber agreement (which determines your rebate amount) and data plan of $25 or higher on each line of service by November 17, 2007

Include your Sales Receipt or Packing Slip—must be dated between September 27 and November 3, 2007

Fill out the certificate in its entirety. Certificate must be postmarked no later than November 17, 2007

Cash your $100 mail-in rebate check within ninety (90) days of issuance
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    stroths -

i belong to pdn and the Centro isn't listed. All the others are though...bummer.