Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    I have read in several threads about how the headset jack on the 680's has alot of problems. Is this pretty consistant with ALL of them?

    I was thinking of getting a regular NON bluetooth / corded headset for my 680, but I'm a little apprehensive of getting one, because i have read in several post of people having major problems after using the jack for accesories.
    I don't want to plug in a headset once or twice, and then have to send in my phone for repairs.

    Is this something I should be worried about? or is it not as common as I think?
  2. #2  
    It is something to worry about.
  3. ipsi's Avatar
    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    #3  
    Yeah. My 680's jack is going. It's not gone, but I do have to press the jack to one side every now and then to make it give me sound in both ears (otherwise I just get one). Now, this could be a problem with my 2.5->3.5 adapter, but I'd be surprised.
  4. tirk's Avatar
    Posts
    810 Posts
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ILBandit View Post
    I have read in several threads about how the headset jack on the 680's has alot of problems. Is this pretty consistant with ALL of them?
    I've had no problems with mine. I've not used a 2.5mm/3.5mm adaptor though, just the supplied handsfree (occasionally) and Seido earbuds (regularly).
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
  5. #5  
    Seidio have an adapter for the 650 which provides a headset connection thru' the Athena (Hotsync) connector. It is only advertised as for the 650, but user swieder seems to have had success on a 680. [edit : apparently not true, must have missread - see posts below]

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=113278
    Last edited by johncc; 10/01/2007 at 07:35 PM.
  6. #6  
    To the contrary. The posts from sweider state that it does not work and that Seidio has not cooperated in fixing it. Sweider thinks it may be the impedance, which is a long shot, but whatever it is, it doesn't work.
  7. #7  
    I also have the hotsync -> earphone connector. It worked fine with the 650 and DOES NOT work with the 680.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    To the contrary. The posts from sweider state that it does not work and that Seidio has not cooperated in fixing it. Sweider thinks it may be the impedance, which is a long shot, but whatever it is, it doesn't work.
    I wish the Seidio adapter that came out for the 650 worked with the 680. Palm sent me an email saying that the pinouts are the same for the 650 and 680. Seidio was going to look at why their adapter does not work with the 680.


    I am waiting for TechLabs to send me their adapter to see if it works with the 680. http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...eadset-review/
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I wish the Seidio adapter that came out for the 650 worked with the 680. Palm sent me an email saying that the pinouts are the same for the 650 and 680. Seidio was going to look at why their adapter does not work with the 680.


    I am waiting for TechLabs to send me their adapter to see if it works with the 680. http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...eadset-review/
    Sorry for the long wait, but we should have this adapter avaialble for the 680 and 750 before the end of the month. We'll let you know as soon as it gets here.

    Thanks
  10. ipsi's Avatar
    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    #10  
    Yay!

Posting Permissions